Hackett Haters Desist

rfk

Chan must be Paul Hackett. I have seen you pop up to defend Nate in EVERY thread where there's a negative comment on him. Seriously, I bet if I went to the Off Topic board and posted a negative comment about Nate in the midst of a thread about cookie recipes you'd pop in to defend him. Leave it alone, He's objectively bad not because of scores which you like to parrot, or your stubborn notion that it is impossible to run behind a subpar interior line. The Broncos turned out 1k runners season after season with nobodies for so long after TD left because they ran an effective run blocking scheme, not because their lineman were all all-pros or they had top flight rushers.The threat of the pass and an effective scheme can CREATE opportunities for running. When a line is stifled, you can create de facto rushes by running screens and bubble screens. Hackett does NONE of this. He calls an interior run and the RB moves forward for a yard or two before running into the arms of a wave of defenders who know what our 2 super secret 1st and 2nd down plays are: run inside off the RG or LG.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chan must be Paul Hackett. I have seen you pop up to defend Nate in EVERY thread where there's a negative comment on him. Seriously, I bet if I went to the Off Topic board and posted a negative comment about Nate in the midst of a thread about cookie recipes you'd pop in to defend him. Leave it alone, He's objectively bad not because of scores which you like to parrot, or your stubborn notion that it is impossible to run behind a subpar interior line. The Broncos turned out 1k runners season after season with nobodies for so long after TD left because they ran an effective run blocking scheme, not because their lineman were all all-pros or they had top flight rushers.The threat of the pass and an effective scheme can CREATE opportunities for running. When a line is stifled, you can create de facto rushes by running screens and bubble screens. Hackett does NONE of this. He calls an interior run and the RB moves forward for a yard or two before running into the arms of a wave of defenders who know what our 2 super secret 1st and 2nd down plays are: run inside off the RG or LG.

If I'm Paul Hackett, you're all Chan Gailey.

Edited by FireChan

The reason that this Hackett thing seems so vociferous is because we have a healthy sized army of posters who like to B word about most everything, and are often not happy with a win. But this particular issue draws in an even bigger sized army who are usually thrilled with any win, but this is so aggravating that they are bitching about wins when they never do that, and even B word about people bitching after wins. So it's three times as many as the normal bitchers.

I think the REALITY of the situation is we all watch the games and that is why we think Hackett is not an NFL OC. Not that we read people saying Hackett is bad on TBD. There are more Bills fans that understand football and the eye test of 24 games Hackett has called plays than people on here reading. Reading on TBD is NOT why we complain about Hackett or get the idea to judge him.....it is because we watch the games and he is not an NFL OC!!!

If the only way of getting rid of Hackett is to fire Marrone, so be it.

So well said!!!! I would be OKAY with Marrone back. BUT....if it came with Hackett....no thank you!!!

If we waste the talent on this roster and this window of opportunity we have from now for maybe another 3 years on Marrone and Hackett AND they don't evolve it would be a REAL shame!

Edited by Manther

Because you are b*tching about people being critical after wins...

No I wasn't. I'm one of them in this case, and somewhat last week, too. I wasn't really bitching about anyone in that statement.

I was saying that what makes this different, the Hackett complaining, is that it ISNT about people who B word about everything, it's about people who never B word like that, which makes it more apparent that there is something wrong with Hackett and bitchworthy.

Here's all I can think of in defense of Hackett's play calling yesterday. Napoleon said, 'Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.' The Jets were clearly not in gear and seemed determined to screw up. The worst thing the Bills could do was toss an easy pick six or fumble on an exposed play like a screen, and give the Jets a chance. So the Bills had all those runs into the middle of the line, all those three and outs, all those 3 minutes of possession time that did nothing for us but gave the Jets less time to do anything of their own. So now and then Orton would pass, and that worked out fine. It was boring but still satisfying watching the game bleed away while the Bills slowly built up their margin of victory.

That little Natepolean was a smart f'r .

This was his best game in my simple opinion. He is letting Orton help him out but setting the overall tone against the Jets .

But he is still learning on the job it seems the speed of the NFL . Brandon and Whaley inserted alot of staff to support this team last year.

These guys are going to do it their way . Hardheadedly ? sure. Does that mean they believe in the 2-3 year program they wrote up coming in ?

I think they stick to the overall concept of executing basic football moves. consistent execution .

Kinda crazy ?

I still want this whole staff to finish this year out before i decide about the the coaches.

Hey Danny Crossman is looking good ! whats up with that ? Right ?

crazy Bills

Chan don't get up before noon now and then hits the golf course...Im sure he'd rather have all you guys calling for his head with his midget league play calling and favoritism toward some players.

The grass is always greener....

Hackett is my man and from what that SI article implied Orton is THE MAN in the O meetings. Shows what drinking Bourbon straight will do for one's development as a leader.

alright.

we are on same page .

Edited by 3rdand12

To me this week was very similar to the Miami game. It became clear very early that the opposing offense was not going to beat us, as long as we didn't beat ourselves. Hackett made sure we were not in a position to beat ourselves. Not a big deal.

This is called playing scared. It won't work for long or against anyone good. If you want to burn clock, fine, but getting a first down more than once a quarter really helps.

I don't know which Hackett thread to put this in

@ChrisBrownBills: Hackett: Why we were persistent with the run http://t.co/vAtJJLE4Ph

Wow; this is devoid of any sense of reality. The run game opened up all those great play action plays? Did we even go play action once?

The run softened them up for a pass? Come on. Our best passing plays happened early in the game or when we went away from run-run-pass.

Also, we ran to get in manageable 3rd downs? Seemed like we were in 3rd and long all day.

This is kind of scary if he believes he did a good job.

No I wasn't. I'm one of them in this case, and somewhat last week, too. I wasn't really bitching about anyone in that statement.

I was saying that what makes this different, the Hackett complaining, is that it ISNT about people who B word about everything, it's about people who never B word like that, which makes it more apparent that there is something wrong with Hackett and bitchworthy.

i think i just strained something important.

Something wrong with Hackett, is that what you are saying ? Is it !

Wow; this is devoid of any sense of reality. The run game opened up all those great play action plays? Did we even go play action once?

The run softened them up for a pass? Come on. Our best passing plays happened early in the game or when we went away from run-run-pass.

Also, we ran to get in manageable 3rd downs? Seemed like we were in 3rd and long all day.

This is kind of scary if he believes he did a good job.

I think he is talking conceptually more than how it played out on the field .

I imagine he is never going to let us get some light into his madness . Genius dysfunctional type

ps JR i did reread it a couple time. He was defending the run maybe. Coaches never tell you anything real :flirt:

Edited by 3rdand12

How do we know you're not in some sort of contest for how many times you can say "B word" in a post?

i think i just strained something important.

Something wrong with Hackett, is that what you are saying ? Is it !

I think he is talking conceptually more than how it played out on the field .

I imagine he is never going to let us get some light into his madness . Genius dysfunctional type

ps JR i did reread it a couple time. He was defending the run maybe. Coaches never tell you anything real :flirt:

Maybe I am being too hard on him. Conceptually, he says all the right things. It is just a bit maddening because it didn't work out that way.

I think I am in the state of mind that I was in at the end of the first half-- just bewildered how the jets were down a TD.

Maybe I am being too hard on him. Conceptually, he says all the right things. It is just a bit maddening because it didn't work out that way.

I think I am in the state of mind that I was in at the end of the first half-- just bewildered how the jets were down a TD.

Oh i am mad too he hasnt seemed to get rollling yet. I would have thought he might show a bit of flash once or twice. Have yet to look strong and or confident

did like the two deep passes to Watkins though.

Nates guys did see something there even though the first pass missed , but had the nuts to go at them again. which was the correct call in hindsight

But it can be frustrating to watch. and if we do lose again he will be getting the business all that much more.

cant blame a damn thing on Jim Schwartz even if you want to lately !

Go Bills

I don't like Hackett because he has no creativity, sees plays not work several times but calls them over and over again anyway, knows we have a subpar Oline and two BACKUP running backs and still chooses to punch it up the gut, doesn't design plays to give the ball to Sammy, CJ or Marquise (when they were healthy), or even Robert Woods. It's mind blowing that with all of these playmakers we don't run more screens, outside runs, misdirections, or even the occasional trick play. He is so vanilla and predictable and its frustrating to see us go 3 and out SEVEN TIMES IN A ROW while running the ball at least twice, then see us score when we throw it. This is my problem with him. He needs to go.

Maybe Hackett didn't want to tip their hand before the season started.. er midway through the season.

Hackett Hackett Hackett

The Offense you can sack it

The line you can smack it

The RB's can't attack it

Pegula says "frac it"

Bye Bye Mr Hackett

No one here knows how much Marrone has to do with the O.....Hackett is a whipping boy for all you wanna bees. Given the poor draft choices on OL and QB, he aint doing too bad..