Ummm... we won big today

Terrakon

4TD's on 10 completions is very impressive

Honestly, if you look at the stats, the Jets controlled much of the game. Their defense kept them in the game - 6 turnovers, and how many procession did the Bills start in Jets territory? Jets ran 30 more offensive plays, out rushed us by 100 yards (much of that was Vick scrambling). A win is a win, but we have wrk to be done and issues that must be fixed.

The next for games s the season, as we need to pick up at least 3 wins to have a shot at the playoffs. Those last four are nasty, with the only paper win "at Oakland", and long time Bills fans understand HW Buffalo traditionally plays at Oakland.

You can't expect this method of winning very often but I'm darn happy we got one of these games. Seems like maybe once a year you catch a team on a bad day and they turn it over a bunch...(or in our case yesterday the Bills defenders were often in the perfect position to create a turnover).

Minnesota had our number last week and fortunately the Bills bailed themselves out in nearly miraculous fashion.

I think KC is gonna bring a game much like San Diego did a few weeks ago... KC has a much better running game than SD had. Bills O will need to be ON in 2 weeks.

After 8 games Buffalo's outscoring opponents by a cumulative 13 points. And that's after the thumping they put on NYJ yesterday.

In the past we would be on the other side of that equation. We were the sad sacks who would lose several games by less than three. The ones about who Belichick said once, 'tough to play, easy to beat'. The ones who didn't know how to win.

The view is decidedly greener from this side, no ? Or do you just not want to enjoy the win and record ?

I heard all week how the 1-6 jets had an elite defense that would stymie the poor 4-3 Buffalo Bills because all of their RB's were broken. I heard how Geno had turned the corner and had no turnovers as the jets "almost" beat the Patriots. Good Lord, the Bills had no chance against this juggernaught, with our meager defense and our journeyman QB. On the NFL network last night they said Orton was 2-0 as a starter. It's the NFL network and they didnt even know how many games he played? I wish all of our jobs were so uncomplicated that we could just be completely inept and wrong and we would all get fresh clothes and free steaks. Anyway, I'm obviously ranting, I love this team and I Believe in it. I don't care if the national media is too busy following Brady and the Cowboys or PERCY HARVIN, But our team is legit and it is for real, and we know!

Someone on this board said they'd be shocked if the Bills won this game...Shocked! The mighty Jests have had the Bills number in New Jersey lately. But this is a different team. I believe some people around here are just stuck in the "same old Bills" mentality, which is very tough to shake being it's been so long since they have been good. That's why there is almost as much bitching about a victory as there is after a loss, but only half the coaching staff gets fired after a win. I am truly embarrassed and discouraged, but we're 5-3 going into the bye, coming off a 20 point victory against a division rival in their (shared) house! GO BILLS!!!!

Someone on this board said they'd be shocked if the Bills won this game...Shocked! The mighty Jests have had the Bills number in New Jersey lately. But this is a different team. I believe some people around here are just stuck in the "same old Bills" mentality, which is very tough to shake being it's been so long since they have been good. That's why there is almost as much bitching about a victory as there is after a loss, but only half the coaching staff gets fired after a win. I am truly embarrassed and discouraged, but we're 5-3 going into the bye, coming off a 20 point victory against a division rival in their (shared) house! GO BILLS!!!!

Some people just like to think they knew it all along and bet on losing.

Playing the way Buffalo did today won't get you into the playoffs. There's 12 teams in the AFC playoff picture, and while some will not be there in a month, the Bills are going to need to pick up their play and win at least 5 more games.

I don't view this game as just "this game." I see it as a measuring stick for how they'll play the rest of the season.

No one back-doors their way into the playoffs.

Scoring 43 points will get one into the playoffs more often than not. As will going plus-6 in takeaways.

I say this knowing that there were less attractive aspects of the Bills' performance, as a corrective to the dogmatism of the Legion of Gloom.

I guess I don't fit in here. I like that we won the game. I can't get any traction on diss'ing the Bills because of a lack of style points.

I'm with you, Just win baby! I could care less about how. Would people feel better if they looked good and lost? Probably because then they

would have more to complain about.

Honestly, if you look at the stats, the Jets controlled much of the game. Their defense kept them in the game - 6 turnovers, and how many procession did the Bills start in Jets territory? Jets ran 30 more offensive plays, out rushed us by 100 yards (much of that was Vick scrambling). A win is a win, but we have wrk to be done and issues that must be fixed.

The next for games s the season, as we need to pick up at least 3 wins to have a shot at the playoffs. Those last four are nasty, with the only paper win "at Oakland", and long time Bills fans understand HW Buffalo traditionally plays at Oakland.

Controlled much of the game? Really? At what point were they in control?

I'll admit to being worried the Bills were going to blow it when the Jets were only down 7 at the half, but the Jets were never close to "in control" of the game.

Good thread.

I admit I complained aloud more than I ever would have expected during this blowout, but this is absolutely a monster win. 2-1 in the division, getting the Met Life Monkey off our backs, something that looked like stability on the left side of the offensive line, and the continued advancement of a defense that is special -- those are all excellent things we can, and should, take away from this win. There are plenty of others you could throw on here as well, so we shouldn't lose sight of the fact that headed into the bye week the Bills are in excellent shape. Far better than most armchair prognosticators expected in August, that's for sure.

There were warts to the win, Hackett's play calling being chief among them in my mind. Coaches ask players to improve each week, win or lose, and hold themselves to that same standard. Hackett needs to look in the mirror and start to improve his game management, that might sound harsh after a win but it's nothing less than what every NFL coach expects of themselves. The good news is that Hackett has an extra week to figure it out.

Bring on the Chiefs...

GO BILLS!

I couldn't agree more with this. Great perspective.

Yes, we won big, but remember it was a BAD team the Bills played. The Jets' QB play was horrific and their secondary was awful.

There is still more work to do. Hackett better take the full two weeks and game plan appropriately because Kansas City is a good team.