Survivor Pool Help!

@johnwalter -- I can't fathom any circumstance under which Butt Fumble is a more viable option than Matty Ice.

In fact, you owe the entire Ryan family an apology.

No, you owe the entire Sanchez family an apology:

"Butt Fumble": 21.18 pts

"Matty Ice": 15.66 pts

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've narrowed my choices down to San Fran who are at the Giants or Cleveland who is home vs Houston

Those are literally my two best options and I'm leaning towards Cleveland.

This week is pretty tough.

Somehow I still have Denver but it is a divisional game!!!!! Do I break my Rules????

I've narrowed my choices down to San Fran who are at the Giants or Cleveland who is home vs Houston

Those are literally my two best options and I'm leaning towards Cleveland.

IMO I'd avoid the Cleveland game

Denver @ Rams seems safe

a lot of close games... good luck

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Who do u have left?

I mentioned earlier my only two realistic options were SF and Cleveland but Im adding Washington to that list although I hate taking bad teams. I already used the obvious teams and I didnt bother listing the teams I wouldnt use like Chicago, Minnesota, and Oakland. I do still have Miami but obviously not taking them especially since they still have both games vs Jets left.

My first instinct was Cleveland and I think thats who I will take but starting to think about Washington at home vs Tampa but as I mentioned, I hate taking bad teams.

Pool is down to 60 and with what looks like a difficult week Im expecting that number to drop by more than a few.

I mentioned earlier my only two realistic options were SF and Cleveland but Im adding Washington to that list although I hate taking bad teams. I already used the obvious teams and I didnt bother listing the teams I wouldnt use like Chicago, Minnesota, and Oakland. I do still have Miami but obviously not taking them especially since they still have both games vs Jets left.

My first instinct was Cleveland and I think thats who I will take but starting to think about Washington at home vs Tampa but as I mentioned, I hate taking bad teams.

Pool is down to 60 and with what looks like a difficult week Im expecting that number to drop by more than a few.

Washington is your best choice among those three (SF and Cleveland), and it's really not close.

How about Washington, Denver or Pitt?

Denver has the best odds of winning but that's not always the best survivor pool pick. Of those three I'd still say Washington. I don't have Washington left in my pools so I'm taking New Orleans. 72% win odds, and I save Denver for later and hope for a St. Louis upset.

Denver has the best odds of winning but that's not always the best survivor pool pick. Of those three I'd still say Washington. I don't have Washington left in my pools so I'm taking New Orleans. 72% win odds, and I save Denver for later and hope for a St. Louis upset.

Deadskins always lose to the Bucs.

The seasons when the the bucks are 1-15 or 2-12 the wins come from the Potomac River Basin Indigenous Peoples, and that is when the Natives were semi-good.

I wouldn't touch that game.

So this is how I see it:

Cleveland is at home - major bonus. Mallett is starting his first game for the Texans - major bonus #2. Foster is clearly banged up and day to day w/ a groin - major bonus #3. Having said that, I still think this is going to be a tough game for Cleveland - Clowney should be coming back and Texans' D-line may create some havoc. I expect this game to be pretty close but feel Cleveland should come out on top by hopefully winning the turnover battle. Furthermore: looking ahead for Cleveland, this may be the "easiest" game they have left on their schedule: they play @Atl; @Buf; Indy; Cincy; @Car; @Bal.

I think I prefer Cleveland at home vs. a Mallett led Texans team than Cleveland on the road vs. Atlanta. But that's just me.

San Fran - this is a west coast team playing on the road in the east cost: first and only major negative. San fran is a better team than Giants but the SF defense is definitely banged up and eventually the Giants are due for a solid game from Eli & co - which is what would concerns me this week. I fully expect SF to win this game but I personally wouldn't be crazy about this pick b/c I feel SF still has 2 easier games left on their schedule: at home vs. Wash next week and then @Oak Dec 7th. I'd probably hold of on SF until one of those games.

Washington: boy oh boy. Like you said, picking a "bad team" to win at this point is pretty rough. If you pick Cleveland or SF and still lose at least you can rest easier knowing that you picked the better team to win that day and there was an upset. With Washington and Tampa, both teams suck so you're hoping one bad teams defeats the other. With that being said, Washington should win this game @home and RGIII and Desean should have a field day vs. that horrible D. Remaining games for Washington at this point are @SF; @Idy; Stl; @nyg; philly; dal. That's a brutal schedule for a crap team. To me Minnesota is a better overall team than Washington and there's still one game Minnesota plays that is favorable for them and that's home vs the Jets Dec 7th.

So for this week, I would personally pick Cleveland @ home. Second choice would be SF, followed by Wash.

Good luck with your pick man.

Edited by bobobonators

I feel badly for anyone resting their survivor pool hopes on the Cleveland Browns. I rank them at about 9th on this week's list of teams I'd use.

B/c the Redskins inspire so much confidence?

Cleveland is facing Mallett and a gimpy Foster who may not even play. I admit it's not an IDEAL pick, but at this point in the season there aren't many ideal picks left. Cleveland is 4-1 at home and on a 3 game winning streak. You could do much worse than Cleveland this week.

Cleveland is 2nd in NFL in INT's.

I feel badly for anyone resting their survivor pool hopes on the Cleveland Browns. I rank them at about 9th on this week's list of teams I'd use.

Houston will be without Foster and has Mallett making his first start on the road vs a team with a good pass defense that also likes to blitz

Welp, that was fun. I'm out. Damn Saints. :angry:

The only winning team I'd have seriously considered yesterday was the 49ers, and they had to get 5 Eli picks to hang on. Just a bloodbath.

In my pool that was down to twelve, ten of us picked either NO or WAS. The two remaining guys both picked PIT tonight.

Go Titans! A 12-way split of $7500 would still be nice...

All 4 remaining survivors picked the lowly, horrific Red hued American Indians.

Reset!

What does your pool do? Chop the prizes 4 ways. Or Reset the 4 remaining teams, or reset everyone? The Redskins ALWAYS LOSE TO THE BUCCANEERS. Never take that game, not that Denver or Cleveland would have helped you much.

This week looked like it was going to be a bloodbath for survivor picks and it was a bloodbath for survivor picks.

I bet there is a lot of survivor money placed on Pittsburgh tonight.

What does your pool do? Chop the prizes 4 ways. Or Reset the 4 remaining teams, or reset everyone? The Redskins ALWAYS LOSE TO THE BUCCANEERS. Never take that game, not that Denver or Cleveland would have helped you much.

This week looked like it was going to be a bloodbath for survivor picks and it was a bloodbath for survivor picks.

I bet there is a lot of survivor money placed on Pittsburgh tonight.

They do a reset......it's like the nightmare never happened.

on to next week!!!!!

Colts

Niners

Edited by filthymcnasty08

We lost 1/4 last night with a KC pick - 3 left.

All have Indy available

all but one have SF available

Im the only one with Denver available

I'm thinking I get a free roll with Indy this week because the other 2 are almost certain to go that way. I do not think Jax can go on the road and pull off the upset so trying to use Denver for the pool win might be a waste..even though Denver's home record after a loss is ridiculous.

Thinking Indy all the way this week….as usual any other thoughts are appreciated.

Thinking Indy all the way this week….as usual any other thoughts are appreciated.

You might consider the 49ers; home v. Redskins.

Week 13 you have Colts at home v. Redskins and Week 14 Broncos at home v. Bills (sorry folks).

That's a pretty sweet line up this late in the season.

Im out too thanks to Cleveland laying an egg vs Houston and of course i had a lot of options this week

Eagles over Titans

Colts over Jags which is prob who I would have taken

SF over Washington

I already took Seattle but love them over Cards this week in what I think turns into a laugher

Im out too thanks to Cleveland laying an egg vs Houston and of course i had a lot of options this week

Eagles over Titans

Colts over Jags which is prob who I would have taken

SF over Washington

I already took Seattle but love them over Cards this week in what I think turns into a laugher

Rule #1 of Survivor Pool - never use Cleveland regardless of who they are playing. The only safe week to use them is when they play the Bills!