Survivor Pool Help!

Because of this comment, I reconsidered the Dallas pick and their heated rivalry with the Skins, and picked Cleveland!

Thank you sir! Thank you Skins….5 ppl left and 10g's on the table!!!

My Pleasure.

Good Luck.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah I didn't trust Romo and went with the Broncos. This week everyone will be on Seattle and Cincinnati, I feel an upset coming in 1 of them.

They will be the hot picks and I think Cinci has a better chance of being upset then Seattle who I can't see losing two in a row at home. Bengals play on Thursday the following week vs the Browns which is actually a big game. Seattle is at home vs Giants the following week.

I'm going with Seattle with hope that most have already used them.

My pool actually has almost 900 ppl in it so even more than I thought and down to 80 after the upset last night.

I would stay away from 49ers simply because it's a division game.

Seahawks, KC, Cinci all strong choices. I am going with Seattle in one of my pools and Cinci in the other (can't use KC because I used them last week).

Even in this day and age of parity it's hard to imagine the Raiders winning in Seattle or Jacksonville in Cinci.

Thanks e-ball…I agree although I still get that weird "division game" feeling from the Raiders and Hawks even though it's been a LONG time.

If I didn't use the Chiefs last week I would def use them today and save Seattle instead of using them today vs the Raiders. I know it's a div game but I just can't see them losing two in a row at home.

Big plays in my pool were Cincinatti followed by Seattle

Update: only losing pick was San fran knocking out 4 people so now down to 72 left

Seattle decided to make me sweat it out today. I'm came away impressed with Raiders defense actually, they are going to get a win soon

Edited by Max997

Thanks e-ball…I agree although I still get that weird "division game" feeling from the Raiders and Hawks even though it's been a LONG time.

It's been too long. The AFC West doesn't personnel plan or play plan in the offseason for the Seahawks.

Pick away.

I took KC because, have you seen the Jests lately?

They're playing for Mariotta.

I just had that "feeling" about SF/STL -- if you can help it, never pick a divisional game in a survivor pool. Congrats to everyone still alive.

I'm one of 13 left in a pool that started with 328 ($25), and one of 139 in a pool that started with 2500 ($20). Starting to get just close enough to taste it, but there's still a long way to go.

I just had that "feeling" about SF/STL -- if you can help it, never pick a divisional game in a survivor pool. Congrats to everyone still alive.

I'm one of 13 left in a pool that started with 328 ($25), and one of 139 in a pool that started with 2500 ($20). Starting to get just close enough to taste it, but there's still a long way to go.

I'll start the research early this week: Starting to get tough.

Ravens at home vs. Titans * Thinking Ravens to be the pick already

Steelers visiting Jets

Cowboys visitng Jags

Broncos visitng Raiders (not crazy about this one)

Edited by filthymcnasty08

Steelers visiting Jets

Cowboys visitng Jags

i never pick away teams unless things get desperate. i'm probably going with the ravens since the most obvious next opportunity to use them isn't until week 14 (against the jags).

Steelers visiting Jets

Cowboys visitng Jags

Baltimore's opening as a 10 point favorite at home. 10+ point favorites at home win straight up something like 82% of the time (don't remember the exact number, but it's huge).

Baltimore was the first team to jump out at me as well but i have a feeling everyone will have them as i cant imagine many using them previously

I also like dont love the Eagles on Monday night at home vs the Panthers who are just terrible

I dont like the Cowboys at all next week even if Romo plays...Jags and Raiders are going to upset someone soon.

Edited by Max997

Sorry if it was already mentioned - but can you pick the same team more than once?

If you can't pick the same team more than once, I'd go with the following:

Denver still plays oakland one more time - final week of the season. They also play St. Louis. I have no doubt they will absolutely destroy the Raiders this week after being embarrassed last night in prime time. Good NFL teams always bounce back after being embarrassed, I've observed. But I'd hold off on them this week b/c you still have 2 pretty easy games left on their schedule (Rams/Oakland again...Buffalo at home may also be easy..lol)

Baltimore, much like Denver, was just embarrassed in prime time and they go back home (where they're really good) to play a poor Titans team. I'd be very comfortable with that pick and fully expect Baltimore to destroy the Titans in a bounce back game - plus, this game will be the last before their Bye week so you know they want to finish on a strong note. Looking at Baltimore's schedule, the only "gimmie" game i see is Vs. Jacksonville.

Pittsburgh - they are just playing ridiculous right now. My greatest fear would be that they just can't keep this level up going into an away game @ NYJ which would precede a primetime match up vs. the Titans the following week. Partial trap game? Maybe but probably not. I can't see the Jets winning this game, but I can still see it being pretty close and Pitt maybe struggling a bit due to not being amp'd up. I'm confident in this matchup, but I'm not 100% locked. That being said, the only real "gimmie" game that Pitt has left after the NYJ is vs. Ten the following week in prime time. I would probably hold off for that w/Pitt.

Cowgirls going to London. Honestly, the Cowboys w/o Romo look very very beatable. The Jags have played a lot of close games, but Jax sucks at epic proportions on Defense and are pretty damn bad against the run. I'd fully expect Murray to have 150+ yds with a couple of TD's this game and Weeden to only have 15-20 attempts and just manage the damn game and stay out of the way. This needs to be a bounce back game for the Cowboys. You look at Dallas - they don't have a single "gimmie" game after Jax. They play @ Giants, Philly, @ Chicago, @ Philly, Indy, @ Wash - that's a pretty tough schedule with 4 divisional games left - 3 of which are on the road.

This may sound pretty damn ballsy and it's obviously not my money, but if you have to eventually pick the Cowboys at some point, then this week (even w/o Romo) may be the best week to pick them. Yes, the cowboys didn't look great this week, but they also played a really really good Cardinals team that has a great defense. The Jags are nowhere near the same level of competition. I also don't see it as a "trap" game b/c the Cowboys just lost and after the London game will be going into the Bye. Also, I fully expect that London game to have many more Cowboys fans than Jax fans so instead of being an actual road game, may sound more like a home game.

So in sum: If you can go w/o picking the Cowboys again, I'd go with Baltimore this week. But if you have to pick the Cowboys at some point later on, this may be the week to do it.

Good luck man.

I have a feeling this is going to be a nail-biting Sunday for those of us still alive in these pools, no matter who we pick.

Yeah the next couple weeks have no gimmes. I'm thinking the Ravens are going to lick their wounds and take care of business at home.

i was going to post this to the fantasy boards, but those get no action so i just thought id drop it here.

my fantasy team has been looking good this season, except at the QB position. this week, I picked Mark Sanchez off the wire, my thought being that JP Losman could probably throw for 30 fantasy points in a Chip Kelly offense - I think Sanchez will be able to put up numbers (esp. because turnovers aren't all that bad in fantasy). my question is, my other QB is Matt Ryan, who has had big games, but has been inconsistent. this week he's up against TB, who has been weak against the pass (Sanchez is against CAR - also weak against the pass). the national media keeps telling me: start Matt Ryan, but I get this feeling in my gut like Sanchez is just going to go off and I'm really tempted to put him in....

who should i go with?

@johnwalter -- I can't fathom any circumstance under which Butt Fumble is a more viable option than Matty Ice.

In fact, you owe the entire Ryan family an apology.

Edited by eball