Gerald McCoy contract --> Dareus

YoloinOhio

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess is its $.

And there is nothing wrong with that.

He's at or close to the top of the food chain as far as DTs are concerned given his age and more consistent play, but the character concerns are real though a lot less than somebody like Haynesworth who landed a huge contract.

I know I takes a few years for DTs to fully come around but my impression has always been that he's a guy who can pretty much flat out dominate whenever he makes up his mind to do so.

Is his spotty play in prior years just a question of development or motivation.

Important question.

Then what happens if you give him the big contract? Have to find a way to make it incentive based. Too much risk he loses motivation otherwise

@JasonLaCanfora: Gerald McCoy makes $20.3M of his new extension in '14. Future years are pay as you go. Only guaranteed for injury at time of signing...

@JasonLaCanfora: So the Bucs maintain their year-by-year structure, keep the cap #s down. McCoy, their best player, not able to alter their template

@JasonLaCanfora: McCoy's 15 n 16 salary are fully guaranteed on 3rd day of 15 waiver period (after super bowl). So 3yrs $44.3M at its min. That's big $ there

@JasonLaCanfora: He has $2.5M roster bonuses in 20 and 21 along with $10M salaries; might be gone or restructured by then

I rarely disagree with you JR. But i would pick MD if i had too choose.

Lets hope we dont lose either

I think I'd want to keep Dareus, if he can grow up. Who was he racing with, again? At least he seems to be coming to meetings on time....and destroying the opponent. But yes, I'd love both.

I would hope the Bills would keep Dareus over Hughes if they have to choose. Dareus is becoming unstoppable. I don't want to lose Hughes either but I've been pretty impressed with Wynn. Try and sign him to a team friendly deal if they can't keep Hughes.

Edit: They should still try to re-sign Wynn even if they can bring back Hughes.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

All things being equal, I would go Dareus. With the prior Dareus problems, that tips me to Hughes.

At this point, I just want to re-sign one of them at least.

Lets hope we get both. Its time for the hometime discount coupon with these guys. The BIlls are like cream. rising to the top

Who isn't glad right now that we don't have Byrd signed to a mega-deal?!

Depends on how we used that saved money. Too often have the Bills 'saved' money by not retaining players only to not use that money in the future years either. We have a lot of very good players on D and it will be interesting to see where the FO decides to spend the money. As I said in a different thread, in a twisted way, its 'good' we don't have to spend too much for a franchise QB.

marcel has one year left on his deal right? Mario is going to be 30, jerry 27 next year, need to find a replacement either in free agency or in the draft. Kyle can't have to many years left so we've gotta sign marcel to anchor that line. How can we play some cap magic and load up marcel's cap hit next year then jerry's the following year?

Who isn't glad right now that we don't have Byrd signed to a mega-deal?!

What, you don't want to read daily reports about his plantar backiitis what comes nextis?

I loved him on the field, when he appeared. I trust in Whaley until further notice.