Changes on the O line?

harv shitz

What are the chances we will see some changes on the offensive line before the Jets game? I don't know how the horrendous guard play can be ignored moving forward.

We are finally getting some solid QB play, and would be a shame to see Orton knocked out of the lineup because we have a pair of tackling dummies at the interior line spots.

What are the chances we will see some changes on the offensive line before the Jets game? I don't know how the horrendous guard play can be ignored moving forward.

We are finally getting some solid QB play, and would be a shame to see Orton knocked out of the lineup because we have a pair of tackling dummies at the interior line spots.

Dont fix what aint broke !

PS the Marrone should be quite worried about Jets DTs

Sign Incognito. It's win/win.

-He could be had dirt cheap

-He would instantly upgrade the Oline

-Despite what anyone says there's no way he'd cause a problem in the locker room.

It would essentially be a 9 game rental until we can address the position after the season ends. Do people really think a guy that is on his absolute last chance to have an NFL career is going to ruin a locker room in only 9 weeks? Very doubtful.

Plus he would add a nastiness to the line that we've been missing this season. A guy like that could very well improve he other guys around him.

Sign Incognito. It's win/win.

-He could be had dirt cheap

-He would instantly upgrade the Oline

-Despite what anyone says there's no way he'd cause a problem in the locker room.

It would essentially be a 9 game rental until we can address the position after the season ends. Do people really think a guy that is on his absolute last chance to have an NFL career is going to ruin a locker room in only 9 weeks? Very doubtful.

Plus he would add a nastiness to the line that we've been missing this season. A guy like that could very well improve he other guys around him.

Why do people keep bringing up that name? I mean, it would be one thing if he is a total jackass who is still a damn good guard. But he sucked with Miami! There's not some other random guard out there without a job so we can stop hearing about Incognito? It reminds me of the "sign Tebow" meme every time somebody's quarterback sucks. (Or was it "sign Matt Flynn?" Or Kyle Orton?)

Why? Because he's available and he's absolutely better than the guards we have playing now. If you're trying to imply that Incognito isn't better than Pears, we have nothing else to discuss.

I don't know what world you live in, but in my world you had better be a pretty effing great player to get another job ever again when you're 31 and your most famous quote is this:

Hey, wassup, you half-n***** piece of sh**. I saw you on Twitter, you been training 10 weeks. [i want to] s**it in your f****g mouth. [i'm going to] slap your f***ing mouth. [i'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. F*** you, you’re still a rookie. I’ll kill you.

He will never have a job in football again. Ever. It makes about as much sense to bring him up as it does to say OJ should be our running backs coach.

Just for fun I poked around to see how many teams have fan boards that have similar "bring in Incognito" posts -- the first few I've seen, I'm sure there's more:

Bucs (they actually worked him out in August!)

Colts

Raiders (Richie said he wanted to play for them, I guess the feeling wasn't mutual)

Seahawks (really)

And, of course, Bills.

He's Tebow's evil twin! Fans everywhere see a crappy offensive line and immediately think "Signing Richie can fix this!"

I don't really understand what point you're trying to make. Are you saying you don't think incognito would be an upgrade to our line over Pears?

I'm trying to say it will never happen. Even if he would be an upgrade (really, who wouldn't be?) there's no point in discussing it because, again, it just will never happen. Pegula is going to, as his first personnel move as owner, sign Incognito? Not. Gonna. Happen.

I won't say never but.....

Incognito has so much other baggage where do you draw the line? He would be the best guard on this team but is all the other stuff worth it, not sure I would go their, but come on man do something.... Does Marrone think they are just going to fix themselves and start producing.

What's that definition of insanity.... Doing the same thing and expecting different results. Yeah now I get it.

Have you maybe considered that certain Bills players don't like Incognito and may not want him back? The dude did say some terrible things about the team and city as he walked out the door.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Have you maybe considered that certain Bills players don't like Incognito and may not want him back? The dude did say some terrible things about the team and city as he walked out the door.

And what did Brandon Spikes say about Buffalo when he was with the Pats?

If he's still got talent, sign him. He's been through the ringer and been without a paycheck for over half a year now. He's not going to be a problem, and if he does become one, you cut him and don't owe him any more money.

I really can't believe we end up with the two worst guards in football after we all screamed all last year and off season the obvious need to upgrade the OL. I'm not sure it is possible for one team to have the two worst OGs in the NFL, plus their backups who are by definition worse yet. WTF?

I really can't believe we end up with the two worst guards in football after we all screamed all last year and off season the obvious need to upgrade the OL. I'm not sure it is possible for one team to have the two worst OGs in the NFL, plus their backups who are by definition worse yet. WTF?

Here's the thing, I don't think the backups are worse.

And what did Brandon Spikes say about Buffalo when he was with the Pats?

If he's still got talent, sign him. He's been through the ringer and been without a paycheck for over half a year now. He's not going to be a problem, and if he does become one, you cut him and don't owe him any more money.

This. It'd only be a 9 game rental. It's not like anyone thinks we should sign him long term. This offense could be loads better with a solid upgrade at guard right now.