Just re-watched the final drive, and it soothed my Bills-weary soul.

UB2SF

Most of yesterday's game was sickening to watch. My head is still spinning from feeling so dejected for 57 minutes of the game, followed by the excitement and shock of actually winning the game. So I went back and watched the last 3 minutes, and I have a whole different outlook this morning. Kyle was simply outstanding on the final drive. Most of his passes were laser strikes with pinpoint accuracy -- the slant to Sammy, the 2nd and 17 which hit Chandler on the hands, the 4th and 20 to save the game, the back-shoulder rocket to Hogan, and the TD to Sammy. His only "bad" passes were to avoid a sack and on the communication issue / phantom intentional grounding. His decisions about where to go with the ball were spot-on. Sammy was electrifying -- not just his catches but his competitive fire. Hogan's catch at the goal line was eye popping, and it wouldn't have been possible without perfect lacrosse-bred body positioning against the defender. Chandler had the awful drop but the route he ran on 4th and 20 was a thing of beauty. The O-Line was pushed to the brink when the Vikings blitzed, but kept a clean pocket against a 4-man rush.

The D-Line kept the game from getting away from us, just like the Lions game. The offense was putrid for most of the game but shifted into "spectacular" when the game was on the line. It's good to know we at least have "spectacular" mode this season.

Amen... That final drive was minutes of inspiring football. Orton is no Elway but it was nice to see we have a prayer in close games. The w is a w. We didn't get consolation W's when we came out on the wrong side of many, many games like this over the past decade plus. I accept the w and look forward to the jets.

I'm with you man. The D kept many of our mistakes from biting us in the ass, and the O stepped up when it mattered. No such thing as an "ugly" win. On to New Jersey!

I beg to differ. Not that I won't take it.

The emotions during that drive were not unlike the Carolina game last year, except somehow more wild. We looked so lousy on offense all game, lost two of our stars, etc. But we willed ourselves to win that final drive. Mistakes were made, but we took advantage of the next opportunity. I love the fiery competitive spirit they showed at the end. They need to be better for the first 3+ quarters down the stretch, but this team is so different when the game is on the line than any Bills team I have seen in quite some time.

Edited by Big C

The throw to chandler was top level. Just threaded the needle between to defenders at the most needed time. I mean...4 th and 20? The only question I had was why took our final time out after the sammy first down. We should have saved that that one for another play imo.

Most of yesterday's game was sickening to watch. My head is still spinning from feeling so dejected for 57 minutes of the game, followed by the excitement and shock of actually winning the game. So I went back and watched the last 3 minutes, and I have a whole different outlook this morning. Kyle was simply outstanding on the final drive. Most of his passes were laser strikes with pinpoint accuracy -- the slant to Sammy, the 2nd and 17 which hit Chandler on the hands, the 4th and 20 to save the game, the back-shoulder rocket to Hogan, and the TD to Sammy. His only "bad" passes were to avoid a sack and on the communication issue / phantom intentional grounding. His decisions about where to go with the ball were spot-on. Sammy was electrifying -- not just his catches but his competitive fire. Hogan's catch at the goal line was eye popping, and it wouldn't have been possible without perfect lacrosse-bred body positioning against the defender. Chandler had the awful drop but the route he ran on 4th and 20 was a thing of beauty. The O-Line was pushed to the brink when the Vikings blitzed, but kept a clean pocket against a 4-man rush.

The D-Line kept the game from getting away from us, just like the Lions game. The offense was putrid for most of the game but shifted into "spectacular" when the game was on the line. It's good to know we at least have "spectacular" mode this season.

Watched in slow mo, and he jumped incredibly high too

Chandler may have saved our season on the 4th and 20 (certainly saved the game). Kudos to kyle for not giving up on him. Those guys are building a strong rapport .... no surprise given Orton's strength at mid range passes. A play though that also may have saved the game that no one is talking about is when sammy deflected the pass that was behind him. The DB was waiting in position to pick it off.

did you notice how the Vikes tried to bring pressure on the completions to Chandler and Hogan? i was too caught up in ball watching to notice what their D was doing. frankly, i'd love to hear that they were still trying to stunt our middle on at least one of those plays because it means Marrone may have found a starting point for this week's protections. probably rushed three, eh?

did you notice how the Vikes tried to bring pressure on the completions to Chandler and Hogan? i was too caught up in ball watching to notice what their D was doing. frankly, i'd love to hear that they were still trying to stunt our middle on at least one of those plays because it means Marrone may have found a starting point for this week's protections. probably rushed three, eh?

chris trapasso on twitter indicated the guards were picking up the stunts better than the tackles.

chris trapasso on twitter indicated the guards were picking up the stunts better than the tackles.

ok.. that's an interesting observation.. i wish i had the time to watch the whole game again, and just watch our O line.. but if i spend anymore time watching this team, my wife will run off with a bored Jets fan. :D

ok.. that's an interesting observation.. i wish i had the time to watch the whole game again, and just watch our O line.. but if i spend anymore time watching this team, my wife will run off with a bored Jets fan. :D

i was slightly off... He just said right side better than left side

@ChrisTrapasso: Seantrel Henderson & Erik Pears were good passing off stunting DLs to each other. Cyril Richardson & Cordy Glenn struggled in that respect.