Jets 3-point Favorites

Casey D

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that says it all-- the Bills are the functional equivalent of a 1-6 team according to oddsmakers.

The Jets aren't quite as bad as their record indicates. Unless the Bills come up with a solid gameplan to control the Jets Dline, this game could easily become a laugher.

Edited by prissythecat

The image of the Jets damn near beating the Patsies on TNF is very fresh. Couple that with the Bills struggle at home against the Vkes. Line is justified IMO.

This. We have looked bad 5 straight weeks offensively. Couple that with the poor showing yesterday against a bad team in our own stadium who was starting a rookie making his first road start of his career, and our performance doesn't instill a lot of confidence in odds makers. Jets have almost pulled several upsets and we usually struggle against them anyway.

I think we will win and I think we will win by 10 points or more. But from an odds maker view, we don't look very intimidating going into a place we have a recent history of struggling.

The image of the Jets damn near beating the Patsies on TNF is very fresh. Couple that with the Bills struggle at home against the Vkes. Line is justified IMO.

Exactly, and add on to that the fact we lost CJ and FJ.

The Jets have lost a lot of games late and have played their tough part of the schedule so far playing the Chargers, Packers, Broncos and Pats. So yeah they're 1-6.

I think that says it all-- the Bills are the functional equivalent of a 1-6 team according to oddsmakers.

Jets are better than their 1-6 record indicates. Bills are a shaky 4-3 with a bad offensive line and entire backfield injured. Not surprised at all by the spread. Winning in NY is never easy for the Bills.

Exactly, and add on to that the fact we lost CJ and FJ.

The Jets have lost a lot of games late and have played their tough part of the schedule so far playing the Chargers, Packers, Broncos and Pats. So yeah they're 1-6.

Shouldn't they be 3-4 then?

Do the Bills also get a pass for the Chargers and Pats?

Edited by YoloinOhio

Jets are better than their 1-6 record indicates. Bills are a shaky 4-3 with a bad offensive line and entire backfield injured. Not surprised at all by the spread. Winning in NY is never easy for the Bills.

Jets point differential is -64 (only better than OAK, JAX and TB) and they are 1-3 at home.

How, exactly, are they better than a (1-6) team? You think Percy Harvin puts them over the edge?

And how, exactly, are the Bills a shaky (4-3) team?

Shouldn't they be 3-4 then?

lol. Well they also played the Lions and Bears - two teams that we beat but they lost. What I meant is that they've already played their really tough stretch of the schedule and failed. That doesn't mean they're as bad as a 1-6 team who played 3-4 games vs. the NFC South.

If BOTH CJ and FJ didn't get injured I'm confident we'd be favored this game. Not by much, but we'd probably be giving 2 to 3 points.

In the end who cares what the spread is really.

Well the Jets lost to Detroit and Chicago, who the Bills of course beat.

Never mind that though.

Jets point differential is -64 (only better than OAK, JAX and TB) and they are 1-3 at home.

How, exactly, are they better than a (1-6) team? You think Percy Harvin puts them over the edge?

Clearly its because they beat the Raiders.

When you lose both starting RB's, Vegas isn't going to make you a 7 point favorite against anyone. We're 4-3 w/them, so Vegas is probably questioning what we'll be without them. Plus it's a road divisional game (home team usually gets 3 points anyway). I don't understand why people are surprised about the line.

Jets also just came off of a last minute loss vs. teh Pats when they were 10pts dogs and were in it until the last minute vs. Denver when they were 9.5pt dogs. They've played well last 2 weeks...but again, they've ultimately failed.

This spread is strictly a result of us losing BOTH FJ and CJ and us facing a Jets D in THEIR house. Makes sense, IMO.