Who do we get for backup running backs?

I'm guessing Spiller is out for the season and Jackson is out for 2-4 games. We have 2 running backs on the entire roster, include the practice squad. We probably should have 4 on the active roster.

A couple of questions for discussion.

Do we raid some teams practice squad for a backup running back and who might that be?

What sort of draft pick might we trade for some other team's backup running back? And who might that be?

Are there any street free agents out there that somebody is in love with?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I could see signing a RB off of someone else's ps. However there have been so many RB injuries around the league, pickings could be slim. Fred May only miss 1 game so would not make sense to trade a pick. We already did that to get brown.

I could see signing Ronnie Wingo since he was in camp with them if he's still out there.

Branden Oliver RB, 23, 5-7 208 from the University of Buffalo and the SD Chargers?

they have too many injuries. He's their starter right now. Even when Ryan Matthews comes back, he's a FA and doubt they resign him. Woodhead out for year. Donald brown hurt. They need him.

The Bills face the NYETS and then have a BYE week.

Dixon, Brown and Summers should be able to carry the load for one week

lets see how FJ is doing after a week before jumping the gun

This is what I think the Bills will do.

Just makes more sense with the bye to let the guys you have take their turn.

Of the above listed drafted players only Lache Seastrunk out of Baylor is currently on a practice squad. He is currently on Tennessee's PS. Found this analysis online "The Washington Redskins scored a tremendous sixth-round steal in running back Lache Seastrunk, who will make a great understudy for Alfred Morris.

This late into the draft, teams are purchasing lottery tickets in hopes of hitting the jackpot. While Washington didn't win the Mega Millions with the Baylor running back, it scored a tremendous value with Seastrunk at pick No. 186. Seastrunk's quick break offers the perfect complement to Morris' power running. At 201 pounds, he also possesses enough strength to fight through contact, but he offers more breakaway speed than his running mate. As a runner, Seastrunk looks like the complete package and an above-average No. 2 back. So why was he sitting there in Round 6?

After failing to catch a single pass last season, he needs to develop that skill, especially since Morris suffers from that same weak spot. While that deficiency torpedoed him into sixth round, very few prospects enter the league as finished products.

The rest of the RB's on practice squads are UDFA's. Not saying they aren't worth a shot, but just couldn't find out much about them.