The Bills way of winning is sustainable.

1B4IDie

Play really good defense and limit the mistakes on offense.

The problem is they need to start doing the second part of that strategy.

You know what, you're not that far off in reality! Penalties and turnovers are in theory something a good coaching staff should be able to eliminate. Problem is........

Play really good defense and limit the mistakes on offense.

The problem is they need to start doing the second part of that strategy.

I agree but there's a third element you need to have in modern football that we're getting now that involves competent QB play for whom 300 yards isn't a huge deal (it isn't in general, but it has been for the Bills).

Limiting mistakes? :lol: :lol: :lol:

They made about 10 egregious mistakes on offense, not counting criminally bad coaching mistakes.

Exactly. This is why Tebow took over for Orton (and no, I'm not starting that whole thing) -- Tebow wasn't about being a good quarterback, he was just about avoiding turnover, burning some clock, and letting what was a really ascendant defense get the wins. Sometimes all you have to do is throw the ball out of bounds (but somewhere near a receiver please?)

Limiting mistakes? :lol: :lol: :lol:

They made about 10 egregious mistakes on offense, not counting criminally bad coaching mistakes.

Can the really have 3+ lost turnovers in every game?

One has to think that the turnovers, especially fumbles have got to get cleaned up.

Take those turnovers away and the Bills win in a walk. Even with the huge penalties and Int.

Love this thread title...from last year as I recall.

Can't sustain winning when Sofa "Cushion" Gilmore stays back 20 yards on 3rd and 18. Errrrrrrrrr.

I can't figure out if the cushion is his fault or the coaches fault. In press man he does just fine. He just always seems to turn up when it's 3rd and long and Scwartz rushes 3 with deep zone coverage.

Can the really have 3+ lost turnovers in every game?

One has to think that the turnovers, especially fumbles have got to get cleaned up.

Take those turnovers away and the Bills win in a walk. Even with the huge penalties and Int.

The INT was a terrible pass. Those happen I guess. The fumble was a terrible play. The other two fumbles are looking like a trend, we have been doing it. The refusing to get rid of the ball under a rush is a component of Orton's game we have to live with, but he was especially bad at it today. The real issue today was Hackett and Marrone. They should have changed the groupings and the formations to allow Orton the vet to have slants and hot reads where he could take advantage of the blitzes. With 2-3 TEs and bunching WR near the hashmarks, they invited blitzes and didnt have routes to take advantage of it. We were screaming about it all game.

Exactly. This is why Tebow took over for Orton (and no, I'm not starting that whole thing) -- Tebow wasn't about being a good quarterback, he was just about avoiding turnover, burning some clock, and letting what was a really ascendant defense get the wins. Sometimes all you have to do is throw the ball out of bounds (but somewhere near a receiver please?)

Tebow took over for Orton because Tebow was a 1st rd qb drafted by the previous regime and Orton was a free agent to be . They were trying to go for RG3 or Luck and fell into Peyton Manning

The INT was a terrible pass. Those happen I guess. The fumble was a terrible play. The other two fumbles are looking like a trend, we have been doing it. The refusing to get rid of the ball under a rush is a component of Orton's game we have to live with, but he was especially bad at it today. The real issue today was Hackett and Marrone. They should have changed the groupings and the formations to allow Orton the vet to have slants and hot reads where he could take advantage of the blitzes. With 2-3 TEs and bunching WR near the hashmarks, they invited blitzes and didnt have routes to take advantage of it. We were screaming about it all game.

yeah but as someone else pointed out . That Orton is out there moving people around as much as he is considering hes only been here 6 weeks tells me that some of these guys don't have a full grasp of the playbook so adding in plays that they are not comfortable with could cause even bigger problems.

Yeah that INT was terrible.

The games past the INTs weren't as bad.

The real problem is the fumbles. He has to stop that. Take the friggen sack and live to fight another day.

As far as Hacket (name is accurate and needs no bastardization as he is just out there Hacking It with no clue) It looked the exchange with Hacket and Orton after the TO wAsnt cordial. Orton kept waving one finger in the air.

Orton was just out there moving recovers around.

I suspect Orton is becoming the OC as well. I don't think this is a good thing but as far as options go, Orton playing playground football is probably more sophisticated and a better option than Hacket.