Come on Doug......

Nasty

At what point in the season is Doug going to tell Hackett "I'm calling the plays from here on out" to turn this thing around.

I also have another suggestion for the other Doug....I was just thinking and here is my thought......chances are we aren't going to sign Spiller in the off season and frankly we don't need him...so let's trade him to the Browns for Johnny Football. We really need a QB on this roster worth building around...so lets take a risk.

The Browns wouldn't take that deal anyways. It would take a lot more than CJ to get Manziel in a trade and I'm not sure that Manziel is that much of a step-up from what we already have. He's one hit that EJ could shake off from being removed from the league altogether. I'd rather let EJ develop on the bench for this season and see what he can do in camp next year.

At what point in the season is Doug going to tell Hackett "I'm calling the plays from here on out" to turn this thing around.

I also have another suggestion for the other Doug....I was just thinking and here is my thought......chances are we aren't going to sign Spiller in the off season and frankly we don't need him...so let's trade him to the Browns for Johnny Football. We really need a QB on this roster worth building around...so lets take a risk.

Marrone has no right to call plays. I know people chime in he was the OC in New Orleans but everyone knows that was Peyton's offense not Marrones. The bigger question is if the Bills end up missing the playoffs does Whaley give Marrone the Wade treatment and tell him he's got to fire his OC or else? If so who could we replace Hackett with?

Edited by The Jokeman

marrone wont call plays because he wants to keep his job next year and hackett isn't making the cut.

what he SHOULD do is change a few calls like the one when we were down two possessions in the 2nd half and it was 3rd and 20 from the NE 40. Hackett calls a 7 step drop pass play, orton gets sacked and we're out of field goal range.

a simple draw play to freddy would have picked up 5 or so yards at least (NE was playing pass prevent) and let our boy carpenter get us 3.

my point is he doesnt have to micromanage the play calling, but certain TYPES of stupid calls based on down and distance should be managed by the HC. always.

I was confused which Doug was getting mocked in this one. We need to be careful not to cross the Dougies.

I do not know who the best OC / play caller would be for our team because we are a lot of separate pieces put together. We are a lot of talented individuals in the skill sets without the right pieces/players to put between them. Our FO has shown an ability to find OL from the bottom of the pile but that isn't going to get it done. It's going to let us survive but not push us ahead. We need to invest in OL every draft. There are 5 positions on the OL - 5 individual positions. I am of the belief that you bring in a QB and RB every year via draft or UDFA, you draft a DB or a CB in the top 6 every year, AND DRAFT AN OL IN THE TOP 4 PICKS EVERY YEAR.

There is no reason at all that the position should not be invested in heavily and constantly upgraded. So, IMO, you can blame Marrone but it's not fair. Without Sentrell Henderson coming thru and since Richardson and Kouandjio are struggling we would have had a much more god awful OL. Glenn - CWilliams - Wood - Urbik - Pears. That's pretty much the same lousy line of last year.

Anyway, I took a look. We have seldom drafted OL in the first four rounds of the draft, the rounds in which I consider NFL players are found.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/draft.htm

Rd 2 Cyrus Kouandjio

Rd2 Cordy Glenn

Rd4 Chris Hairston

Rd 1 Eric Wood

Rd 4 Duke Preston

Rd 1 Mike Williams

Why not just trade him to Indy for Luck and Fleener?

So this idea popped into your head and you felt it made enough sense to post it for the world to see? Come on!

How many minutes of laughter from the Browns GM before he hangs up? I'm betting five.