Will Hackett/Marrone Finally Decide To Run A Jet Sweep With Watkins?

25 members have voted

1. 1. Jet Sweep - Will They Run This Play Against The Vikings?

• Yes
    • No

I find it egregious that going into Week 7 and with Watkins on this roster the Bills have never ran a Shotgun-Jet Sweep on offense.

With all the outcry in the fan base with the lack of targets to Sammy, will Hackett/Marrone finally realize they can run this high% play to get him the ball?

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

These guys are going to keep doing the same thing they've been doing for the last year and a half. It's been 22 games and 2 QBs. If they were capable of designing an offense and developing an effective game plan then they would have shown that by now.

There's absolutely no excuse for the way they've used Spiller and how they avoided Watkins and didn't make any attempt to get him the ball early and often. Not being able to get the ball to your most dynamic and explosive players on offense is inept coaching. There's really no other way to explain it when you watch how they operate on the field.

I can see where Watkins could have limited targets when covered by Revis. And I can understand protecting Watkins somewhat while he had the rib issue. But since Watkins himself said last week that his ribs are back to normal, why not run a jet sweep or bubble screen or even a reverse to get him the ball early in the game?

Hackett's game calling/inability to use Watkins as a weapon seems to contradict Whaley's logic in giving up next year's 1st rounder for Watkins.

Edited by BillnutinHouston

These guys are going to keep doing the same thing they've been doing for the last year and a half. It's been 22 games and 2 QBs. If they were capable of designing an offense and developing an effective game plan then they would have shown that by now.

it's only the regular season. lil' nate'll open up the playbook in the second half of the super bowl.

Watkins skill set is different than Percy Harvin's. It would be like asking Seattle fans "when is Percy Harvin going to make circus catches like Sammy Watkins". I am not saying the plan would be a fail for Watkins, but the ability to get YAC is not the same as running from scrimmage on a sweep.

Harvin's ability to get separation is not as good as Watkins (based on college mainly) either. Watkins is good after catch, but he isn't faster or more elusive than CJ Spiller, who actually is more similar to Harvin than watkins is.

Spiller, Watkins, and Goodwin are all viable candidates for running the Jet Sweep as long as they execute it perfectly. Seattle uses it to near perfection.

You mean having a superior offensive line with fast pulling guards helps with the Jet Sweep? I though any "playmaker" could run it effectively simply by calling the play and handing him the ball.