Mckelvin, Gilmore, not worthy; Buddy's picks

rcatty

Both first round picks, both unworthy of being picked at that level. McKelvin is flat out awful (not sure who drafted him), and Gilmore is way overrated. Gilmore had his hands on the ball on that TD pass, and needed to rip it away. He is another of Buddy Nix's long list of draft day failures; EJ is at the top of my list. No way is that guy a first round pick.

Both first round picks, both unworthy of being picked at that level. McKelvin is flat out awful (not sure who drafted him), and Gilmore is way overrated. Gilmore had his hands on the ball on that TD pass, and needed to rip it away. He is another of Buddy Nix's long list of draft day failures; EJ is at the top of my list. No way is that guy a first round pick.

Neither are smart football players either. Gilmore plays soft coverage on a 3 second quick out with 6 seconds left in the half. This was one of the most egregious plays I have seen all year. Also, McKelvin and Gilmore play the man and NOT the ball on the deep balls. This is why they consistently get beat down field when it seems like they have good coverage, and why there are so many PI calls on the secondary. Same thing happened with Duke Williams yesterday as well.

Our best CB is graham.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

Neither are smart football players either. Gilmore plays soft coverage on a 3 second quick out with 6 seconds left in the half. This was one of the most egregious plays I have seen all year. Also, McKelvin and Gilmore play the man and NOT the ball on the deep balls. This is why they consistently get beat down field when it seems like they have good coverage, and why there are so many PI calls on the secondary. Same thing happened with Duke Williams yesterday as well.

Our best CB is graham.

Been saying that all last night on the shoutbox but still got harrassed by the homers saying Gilmore is great.

Also, add Mckelvin, Gilmore and Spiller's IQ scores and my 3 year old boy's score is still higher.

Some of you were calling Dareus a bust before last year. Same with Colts fans and Hughes.

But it's so cool to say someone is a bust!

Up until this year, he status as a 3rd pick overall was still in the air. Then the arrest came and I thought he might be done. However, the game he is playing this year is at another level. One might say he playing at a HIGHER level than others ( :flirt: )

Edited by PO'14

Our best CB is graham.

According to Rodney Harrison and Tony Dungy, when analyzing the deep TD throw they both said that the fault was Graham's, not Gilmore's (Gilmore had terrific coverage in any case). He bit on play action and let the receiver get behind him, effectively turning double coverage into single coverage. Graham hasn't really distinguished himself in the last couple of games ...

Edited by dave mcbride

Some of you were calling Dareus a bust before last year. Same with Colts fans and Hughes.

Yeah, really. Give Leodis a break. Everyone knows it takes a good 8 years to really learn the game and produce at CB....

Yeah, really. Give Leodis a break. Everyone knows it takes a good 8 years to really learn the game and produce at CB....

You're right. He sucked last year and no cb gives up plays against maybe the best qb ever.

Most people who have ever played football know that cb is the most physically demanding position to play. You can't breathe on a guy or it's a penalty.

According to Rodney Harrison and Tony Dungy, when analyzing the deep TD throw they both said that the fault was Graham's, not Gilmore's (Gilmore had terrific coverage in any case). He bit on play action and let the receiver get behind him, effectively turning double coverage into single coverage. Graham hasn't really distinguished himself in the last couple of games ...

I think Brady might've been smart enough to throw that fake deep pass on purpose after the time out to f*** with us. It's good to know we didn't fall for that but then again, biting on play action might be even worse.

Buddy did not pick McKelvin who has completely regressed to his previous awful self. Gilmore is just not very good.

The secondary looks a lot like Detroits did during Schwartz's time there.

I wouldn't go that far. The secondary is much better with A. Williams in there. But Gilmore is a bust. McKelvin can't cover anything and his ball skills are terrible.

is this team full of studs? nope. Hughes was terrible in Indy, needed a different system. Gilmore has never played up to his so-called level. He is not the shutdown corner. He is a CB2 on most teams. Does that make him a bust, perhaps not. But we need CB help badly.

I wouldn't go that far. The secondary is much better with A. Williams in there. But Gilmore is a bust. McKelvin can't cover anything and his ball skills are terrible.

is this team full of studs? nope. Hughes was terrible in Indy, needed a different system. Gilmore has never played up to his so-called level. He is not the shutdown corner. He is a CB2 on most teams. Does that make him a bust, perhaps not. But we need CB help badly.

Which ones?

This I gotta hear...

What the Bills need badly is a great quarterback. Sadly they wait until the draft with no solid quarterback prospects to declare to the world that they will be selecting a quarterback. If it wasn't so sad for Bills fans, it would be hilarious the way this worked out.