Aaron Williams gets us a lot closer yesterday.

qblax16

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe the 2 handed shove of the WR about to catch the ball is actually just the cutting edge of future DB technique?

I think in Duke Williams mind he saved a TD, but in reality he needed to get his head around and make a play at the ball. There was enough air under the ball to make It a defensible play.

What's usually ignored is that Bills played a lot of teams who were missing key players, and those good teams didn't miss a beat. It's not so much that Duke stunk, it's that he was put into a situation that he couldn't win.

It's mostly all about the coaching, and Marrone and Co were schooled again.

I hear you but how many times can you say this about Gilmore? It seems like you can say that about him every single friggin week.

Isn't it weird how many times he seems to have a guy covered but yet he ends up giving up a big play to that guy anyway?

Yup. It does seem like that.

What's usually ignored is that Bills played a lot of teams who were missing key players, and those good teams didn't miss a beat. It's not so much that Duke stunk, it's that he was put into a situation that he couldn't win.

It's mostly all about the coaching, and Marrone and Co were schooled again.

What good teams? Where did they not miss a beat? Be more specific.

Yeah I was agreeing with you.

It is just so frustrating as a fan. Our CBs on paper should be a strength, but instead are a liability.

The front 7 is now a force to be reckoned with but the CBs are leaky.

No Duke Williams PI, no Tyms TD and the game is a different game.

I bashed the CB's in preseason and said they were a weakness, but you said the CB's were nothing to worry about because they've played good before so that automatically meant they will still be good come the regular season. What's the excuse now?!

Edited by Jerry Jabber

What good teams? Where did they not miss a beat? Be more specific.

Half of San Diego's OL was out, did you see Pats injury list, on top of a weak OL, they lost Connelly during the game and their top RB. What's their excuse?

Half of San Diego's OL was out, did you see Pats injury list, on top of a weak OL, they lost Connelly during the game and their top RB. What's their excuse?

What do those two teams have in common?

I bashed the CB's in preseason and said they were a weakness, but you said the CB's were nothing to worry about because they've played good before so that automatically meant they will still be good come the regular season. What's the excuse now?!

What you said is that Gilmore gets burned for a big TD every game.

I said the Benjamin catch was not getting burned. It was not.

That is what happened in reality.

Really hurt not having Aaron Williams in the secondary today. Not saying we'd win if he'd been able to play, but would have really helped our chances.

We can get away with one below average safety with Aaron out there. We were exposed, and it wasn't the linebackers who were the problem in coverage this week like I feared all week.

Side note - I think I just saw Gilmore get beat for another TD.

That TD was to the deep middle. That was Grahams fault. He was beaten badly. Gilmore almost made a great play. Gilmore is fine. The lack of blitzing and the safety play was awful yesterday.

What do those two teams have in common?

What you said is that Gilmore gets burned for a big TD every game.

I said the Benjamin catch was not getting burned. It was not.

That is what happened in reality.

I also talked about the secondary as well. Gilmore hasn't been what people expect from a #1 corner. I'll give the Pats WR credit for making the first TD catch as he outmuscled two Bills CB's, but with two CB's on one WR, the Bills CB's should have won that battle.

You think fielding a guy in a cast would have made a difference?

That kind of response doesn't really make much sense. Do you think he would've also been injured by week 6 if he stayed with the Bills or are you just being witty? If you don't think Jarius Byrd would've been useful yesterday instead of Duke Williams they you need to watch again.

Edited by vincec

That kind of response doesn't really make much sense. Do you think he would've also been injured by week 6 if he stayed with the Bills or are you just being witty? If you don't think Jarius Byrd would've been useful yesterday instead of Duke Williams they you need to watch again.

There is no doubt Byrd would have helped. But I think AW would have been the same, and at least he will be back (hopefully)