Orton is mediocre

papazoid

I would rather Orton have the conference that he can hit an open Watkins than concede simply on the basis of Revis' presence. Revis is a few years removed from being all world. I simply want Orton to make the plays when they are there, and I don't think that is too much to ask before I can say he played well in a loss where he committed two turnovers.

I'll concede that I couldn't see the plays that Watkins was open and nothing happened, sure. But there are so many factors involved in completing a long pass, that I doubt it happened more than once or twice. Does it really matter if Orton hits Chandler for 20 and a first down and we end up scoring on the drive anyway if Watkins is open for 30?

And yes, I suppose we just have different definitions of "playing well." I wanted Orton to play like a vet with confidence, to make plays, and to breathe life into an offense full of playmakers. I believe he's done so.

Edited by FireChan

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Orton is a lovable mediocre . lets not get down on him. He is all we have now . Lets just root for him for the heck of it

Might be alittle nervous ? Lotta pressure . Literally and figuratively i suppose

Ahhhh, now we are supposed to root for our QB? We were not willing to do that with a young, developing project in EJ.

Bills-Fan-4-EJ seems to be the lone crusader on this one.

I am on board with letting EJ mature, and grow on the field. What do we have to lose?

Ahhhh, now we are supposed to root for our QB? We were not willing to do that with a young, developing project in EJ.

I am on board with letting EJ mature, and grow on the field. What do we have to lose?

I root for the QB on the field. as for EJ . I think he lost the team against Houston . To me it was the right thing to do at the time for the team

do you have to ask that when the answer is in the quoted post?

no it didn't

Orton is FOUR FOR FOUR in the redzone since comeing in.....do people realize the signficance of this?

I think you misunderstood the question - here is a small sample

http://espn.go.com/n...ameId=400554259

4 of the first 5 drives against the Cheatriots never entered the Red Zone.

----------------------

EJ sacked 6 times in 4 games

KO sacked 7 times in 2 games

Rushing per game

193 total rushing yds against Chicago

113 total rushing yds against Miami

87 total rushing yds against SD

96 total rushing yds against Houston

49 total rushing yds against Detroit?

68 total rushing yds against Cheatriots?

What changed? :devil:

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

no it didn't

Orton is FOUR FOR FOUR in the redzone since comeing in.....do people realize the signficance of this?

----------------------

Rushing per game

the running game and qb play deteriorated every week from the start of teh season and we finally got the QB back on track and now its time to get the running game back on track

the running game and qb play deteriorated every week from the start of teh season and we finally got the QB back on track and now its time to get the running game back on track

that is your opinion.

it is safe to say that with over 80% of all the teams, the QB play "seems" to deteriorate" after the first 3 or 4 weeks. It's called game film and defensive planning.

Are KO's sacks due to the Oline or his holding the ball too long?

Are RB's low #'a due to the Oline or too frequent rotation?

Hurray !!! KO is averaging 280 ypg and is 4 for 4 in the red zone, yet the run game has dropped to 58 ypg

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

no it didn't

----------------------

Rushing per game

But when they did he got 7/8 not 3. If you get down there 8 times and only get FGs then you are at 24 vs getting down there 4 times and picking up 7(8) which is 28(or more) and that is the difference. The fact you are talking about that as if it is bad to convert before the team gets there just silly and a different topic.

Also, to your second point, teams knew if you take the running game away the team can not throw with EJ in there. That was evident by how he performed in the Houston game. Now that is not the case if the running game is not there Orton can move the ball with his arm.

that is your opinion.

it is safe to say that with over 80% of all the teams, the QB play "seems" to deteriorate" after the first 3 or 4 weeks. It's called game film and defensive planning.

Are KO's sacks due to the Oline or his holding the ball too long?

Are RB's low #'a due to the Oline or too frequent rotation?

Hurray !!! KO is averaging 280 ypg and is 4 for 4 in the red zone, yet the run game has dropped to 58 ypg

607/2=303.5 ypg If you are going to argue against him at least use the correct facts to make your argument. We get it you hate Orton and would rather lose with EJ then win with Orton.

I agree the running game needs work but if your don't have either your team is in bad shape, which is what the Houston game should show you.

Edited by A Dog Named Kelso

The biggest problem on the field yesterday was the entire offense. I.e. Hackett is the problem. He's hopelessly incapable of making an adjustment based on what opposing defenses are doing. 8-9 guys in the box? Yeh, my offense says run the ball anyway on first down, so that's what we're going to do. Having success throwing to the middle of the field? OK, I see that success and raise you a delayed handoff from the shotgun position or a screen pass. I'm N.Hackett bitches. I'll do what I want.

We run screen passes? News to me.

A. Ahhhh, now we are supposed to root for our QB? We were not willing to do that with a young, developing project in EJ.

B. I am on board with letting EJ mature, and grow on the field. What do we have to lose?

A. Where's the evidence of any development. This isn't Madden franchise mode. Your QB doesn't necessarily get better just by playing.

B. Games, the season, potential playoff run, the locker room, Sunday afternoons, potential FA who don't want to play on a team that can't score. Shall I go on?