Vote: Who is the Best Player on the Bills Roster?

johnwalter

Who are the Bills best players...  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best offensive player on the Buffalo roster?

• Cordy Glenn
    • Fred Jackson
    • Sammy Watkins
    • Eric Wood
    • CJ Spiller
    • Dan Carpenter
  2. 2. Who is the best defensive player on the Buffalo roster?

• Marcell Dareus
    • Kyle Williams
    • Mario Williams
    • Aaron Williams
    • Kiko Alonso
    • Stephon Gilmore
    • Brandon Spikes
  3. 3. Who is the best overall player on the Buffalo roster?

• Cordy Glenn
    • Fred Jackson
    • Sammy Watkins
    • Dan Carpenter
    • Marcell Dareus
    • Kyle Williams
    • Mario Williams
    • Aaron Williams
    • Kiko Alonso
    • Brandon Spikes

The fact that Mario is in year 3 of a FIFTY MILLION guaranteed deal and not one person on this complaint board complains about it speaks volumes. The poll should be recast as who is the second best player because it's not even close.

If we're talking overall NFL body of work, then yes, you are 100% correct that it's Mario by a country mile.

This is tough.... There's a couple vets who are kinda nearing the end... and a couple young guys who haven't gotten fully rolling yet, or are just hitting their stride.

Conservative answer is:

Fred Jackson

Kyle Williams

Forward thinking answer is:

Sammy Watkins

Marcell Dareus

The nice thing about this is... we have a few guys who easily qualify, which is great.... we have some talent. :)

Edited by Dorkington

No Jerry Hughes!?!?!?!

Offensively, Freddie makes plays when we need those. Plays that impact the outcome. He is the most valuable offensive player. Sammy Watkins is 2nd and Dan Carpenter.

Defensively, It will either be Jerry Hughes or Marcell Dareus. They both are outperforming Mario Williams and his massive contract. They both play tough and aggressively, however, I am certain Mario's presence makes Jerry and Marcel better players. I just hope Mario will restructure his contract so we can re-sign Jerry Hughes.

Best players are those who contribute to success consistently.

Go Bills!

Can't forget Brandon Spikes - our Run D is #2 in the NFL. A major improvement and Spikes is a big reason why.

For the first time,I think that Dareus is better than Mario. Mario is obviously really good still, but I will say that frankly, he looks slightly slower to me this year. Kyle Williams has played great too, so it's tough. I voted for Dareus on D and Watkins as the best overall player.

Voted for Sammy as best offensive and Fred as best overall...the math doesn't really work out but that's how I feel with all of Fred's intangible leadership and team motivation.

Oh and obviously Marcell as best defensive B-)

Edited by infernus

There is no question that Marcell is playing tremendous ball right now.

But this question came in the days just after Marcell had his best game as a pro with three sacks. If Mario has two sacks against the Patriots and you asked the same question next week, we may get a different ratio.

That said, the progression for Marcell has been steady and still climbing. He could become a totally dominant player in this league if he keeps getting better. Right now, I still think Mario is slightly better, even if the last 2-3 games Marcell has played better. I may change my opinion six weeks or so from now if Marcell keeps it up.