"If we don't win tonight, they will steal all our girls at Mul

Danny Gare was just talking about with the Pegulas taking over the Bills, there will be a lot more interaction and events between Bills and Sabres players.

He just told a hysterical story about when he was a player a lot of Bills players and Sabres players were good friends and went out a lot together, especially Sunday nights. At that time, of course, the Sabres almost always hosted a Sunday night home game.

So the Sabres players would get together on Sunday afternoon to watch and root for the Bills. Often, after a Bills win, Gare would pump up the Sabres team right before the game by yelling, "If we don't win tonight, they will steal all our girls at Mulligans!"

It doesn't matter about performance on the fields, but it's good for both teams for the guys to interact with and support each other, and for charities and fan events to get them both. Just for the support of Buffalo. With a downtown stadium there will be even more natural intertwining.

The Bills and The Sabres are never leaving and will be forever linked by the Pegulas.

I thought all three: on Hertel, Brick Bar, and at the Lake were all great bars in their heyday. Brick Bar still is pretty cool.

Not saying I'm proud of it, but I recall evenings at Brick Bar in the early 90s with my buddies during which we would all count the number of times we achieved "elbow boob" because the place was so packed.

Ahh, youth.

I see I am old and a fringy guy, lol. And I liked the lake place, saw Iggy and the stooges there in 75 (I was 15) Iggy rolled around on broken beer bottles. epic day in my young life, went swimming out past the snow fence to get in, stayed til 2:30 in the morning. I had moved to NYC by 94 was too old to enjoy those types of crowds or that kind of music by that time. I was a punk, enjoyed the Continental a lot more.

Edited by bowery4

I see I am old and a fringy guy, lol. And I liked the lake place, saw Iggy and the stooges there in 75 (I was 15) Iggy rolled around on broken beer bottles. epic day in my young life, went swimming out past the snow fence to get in, stayed til 2:30 in the morning. I had moved to NYC by 94 was too old to enjoy those types of crowds or that kind of music by that time. I was a punk, enjoyed the Continental a lot more.

Continental was awesome. Mulligans on Hertel had its share of "Coolguyitis" I do know that. And a lot of people didn't like it. I worked down the street at Gabel's for a few years in late 70s and that area was a great place to be.

Continental was awesome. Mulligans on Hertel had its share of "Coolguyitis" I do know that. And a lot of people didn't like it. I worked down the street at Gabel's for a few years in late 70s and that area was a great place to be.

"Stumble Inn", where puking on the floor was accepted & encouraged.

Mulligans was never fun. Jocks are so dumb sometimes.

Mulligans wasn't as bad as the Locker Room as far as Jocks. I had some memorable times, at least bits and pieces of memories...wasn't there something where you could smash your glass in the fireplace. I may be thinking of somewhere else, as mentioned earlier, heavy alcohol consumption has reduced my memory to bits and pieces...

Give me the Pink any day over the Brick.

The Pink used to be "Birdies" on Allen, which was owned by one of the all time great maniacs, Jon "Jaybird" Benson. One of my favorite people ever.

Jaybird, now in his 60s, just won this year's Sheridan Park Members Golf Tournament. A pretty nifty feat.

Ah, the continental! My band played there in the early 90s. We drove from Rochester to play just because it was a cool thing to do.

The Pink used to be "Birdies" on Allen, which was owned by one of the all time great maniacs, Jon "Jaybird" Benson. One of my favorite people ever.

Jaybird, now in his 60s, just won this year's Sheridan Park Members Golf Tournament. A pretty nifty feat.

Love this site.