Please tell me why Kyle Orton is not the long term answer ?

HOUSE

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More posts here doesn't equal quality like other forums I frequent and your post helps prove that.

Exactly. There are a ton of stupid posts from people that have thousands and thousands of posts. Those folks just seem to band together to bully and name call anybody with a dissenting opinion.

Exactly. There are a ton of stupid posts from people that have thousands and thousands of posts. Those folks just seem to band together to bully and name call anybody with a dissenting opinion.

It really drags this place down when so many posters use the "look at my post count" argument and are actually really, really bad.

I never said that more posts makes you immune from making bad posts. I am saying when I read an incredibly stupid post, I then look to the post count, and it's always a low post person.

I never said that more posts makes you immune from making bad posts. I am saying when I read an incredibly stupid post, I then look to the post count, and it's always a low post person.

The low post comment did make you seem a little chickish and petty

Man, were all pissed about this loss! Orton threw three crappy passes on that last drive. As deer in the headlights as the kid may be, you watched him enough to say he would have scored more than 13 points today.

Bench grandpa Kyle and lets see what we have in the kid now

Yes because he did not do it for the Vikings game so obviously he is incapable. He had a poor game. It happens. There are several things people can point for the loss ... one of them being Orton's decisions on the last 4 throws. But let's not overreact.

Edited by A Dog Named Kelso

He was awful yesterday! Missed Chandler for a touchdown. Missed Hogan open on the goal line. Missed Hogan over the middle on a key 3rd down. Threw behind Watkins on a key third down. He's better than E.J. at least for now, but there's is a reason he has bounced from team to team. On a good team he is the back-up.

He was awful yesterday! Missed Chandler for a touchdown. Missed Hogan open on the goal line. Missed Hogan over the middle on a key 3rd down. Threw behind Watkins on a key third down. He's better than E.J. at least for now, but there's is a reason he has bounced from team to team. On a good team he is the back-up.

No question Orton is having rough go of it .

The Offense has a lot of work to do. play calling is getting better in general , now execution is an issue again. I might be in the minority though

Why...because he isn't a good starting QB. We are worse in almost every meaningful offensive category, especially Points Per Game, Yards Per Game, and Red Zone Efficiency. Outside the Jets game where any backup in the league could have had 4 TDs under those circumstances, he has led the offense to an average of 15 points per game in the 5 other starts.

For comparision...Last season with rookie coaches, less overall offensive talent, a rookie QB, an undrafted rookie QB, a 3rd string QB, injuries to all our WRs, both starting RBs, and most our OL...this team averaged 21.2 points per game and averaged 47.7% in the redzone compared to 38% this year.

What is it going to take to convince people Orton is not the part of any solution? This team needs EJ to either figure it out (as he has the physical tools but hasn't had the mental part) or we need to get a QB in FA or Draft next year. Sadly, that is not easy to do and we won't make the playoffs next year either if we don't find a fix. What I do know is that Orton isn't part of a solution unless you are looking to solve a backup QB problem.

Edited by Alphadawg7

I still like the guy.........he needs to rebound, no different then Ryan Tannehill did...... or any other struggling QB

This last game doesn't prove anything to me. The OL still sucks, Buffalo is missing 2 star pass catching RB's and Sammy is less then 60%

Edited by HOUSE