Please tell me why Kyle Orton is not the long term answer ?

HOUSE

I still like the guy.........he needs to rebound, no different then Ryan Tannehill did...... or any other struggling QB

This last game doesn't prove anything to me. The OL still sucks, Buffalo is missing 2 star pass catching RB's and Sammy is less then 60%

not making excuses for Orton....I do think those past 2 games were the #1 and #4 passing D or something though. They have shut down other QBs like Brady and Rivers as well. I don't think we play another passing D like that until Denver - I don't know where they rank but their personnel is very good. Short week road game and a banged up Watkins is not conducive either. I think Orton should play out the season and see what he has. Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Orton is a top notch back up. He is an average starter. You can tell his arm is the problem. He starts well but at his age, the arm goes and his is worn out. After 15-20 passes, the accuracy goes. Age is not kind.

not making excuses for Orton....I do think those past 2 games were the #1 and #4 passing D or something though. They have shut down other QBs like Brady and Rivers as well. I don't think we play another passing D like that until Denver - I don't know where they rank but their personnel is very good. Short week road game and a banged up Watkins is not conducive either. I think Orton should play out the season and see what he has.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

NDBUFFCUSEFAN, on 10 November 2014 - 03:24 PM, said: 1 of 2 ain't bad but when one of them is in the running for worst poster I wouldn't be too pumped.

Go away. You've been an idiot since Day One.

Do I get two more wishes?

I like Orton for this season....but I think the simple answer is he hasn't been the long term answer with 4 other clubs which is a good sample size of not being a long term starting NFL caliber QB. Until someone is better he is fine. Hopefully someone is better next year.

If EJ's not ready after 14 starts and 6 games watching the veteran Orton, then it's time for Whaley, Marrone and others to hand in their resignations. They took him in the first round, he was first QB taken, and he's had the same coaches and system the whole time. If he can't replace Orton (2nd lowest QBR of starting QBs), then he's a failure and so are they.

Edited by JTSP

Look at other QB's in the past 10 - 15 years that had sat on the bench for 2 or 3 seasons.

sometimes that is what it takes.

I can only think of Aaron Rodgers and Chad Pennington (who I think would have had an excellent career if he didn't ruin his shoulder).

Who else would be success stories that did this in the last 15? They used to do it all the time, but not any more.