We will finally see Robert Woods....

DougTheBug

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

outplay sammy watkins. Orton likes slot receivers and personally, I think woods is better overall than watkins.

You do? That would put you in a very, very small group.

I love Woods and think that he is the PERFECT #2. He does everything pretty well. He just doesn't have the physical skills to dominate in a manner that Watkins is capable of. There is a reason that scouts and personnel people have been drooling over him.

The bad QB play has negatively impacted all of the receivers. Mike Williams will be better too. These guys have been running free and the ball hasn't gotten to them.

Woods has alot calmer demeanor and currently runs routes better than sammy. Watkins is still wild and out of control at times. You can tell from footwork and body language of both receivers. Woods is gonna suprise alot of people next week.

Edited by DougTheBug

outplay sammy watkins. Orton likes slot receivers and personally, I think woods is better overall than watkins.

That is safely in the realm of "minority opinion." I get the impression many don't fully understand how rare a talent Watkins really is. I can't wait until he's 100% physically. He'll be trucking LBs and DBs instead of protecting himself out there.

GO BILLS!!!

Given how few opportunities the WR's have had for YAC, I'm expecting them to play angry on Sunday.

I really feel an upset coming on. I wonder if Detroit understands the extent to which a sleeping giant may have just been stirred.

I'm not going to call us a sleeping giant. But, I am going to say that our WR's are going to be playing refreshed this week.

If they string together a few good practices this week, get some confidence and our OL feels like they are not the beat up slop job they are we might actually win this.

...might.

That is safely in the realm of "minority opinion." I get the impression many don't fully understand how rare a talent Watkins really is. I can't wait until he's 100% physically. He'll be trucking LBs and DBs instead of protecting himself out there.

GO BILLS!!!

Perfectly said K-9. His talent level is a once every 5-10 years type of talent. He's been banged up and playing with a terrible QB and is still on pace for 68 catches, 800 yards and 8 TDs. I fully expect those numbers to rise but those would be considered great for most rookie WRs. Edited by Kirby Jackson

I'm not going to call us a sleeping giant. But, I am going to say that our WR's are going to be playing refreshed this week.

If they string together a few good practices this week, get some confidence and our OL feels like they are not the beat up slop job they are we might actually win this.

...might.

I call them a sleeping giant because the world hasn't seen what they're capable of yet.

Watkins/Woods have yet to catch the ball on the run.

Goodwin has seen zero on-target deep passes.

And Williams hasn't had many opportunities to go up and snatch one.

All these scenarios are suddenly back in play. We, as fans, have expected to see them. The rest of the world may be shocked to find out what kind of resources we have available in our receiving corps.

Then again, Orton might get hurt or lay a giant turd. Only time will tell!

You do? That would put you in a very, very small group.

I love Woods and think that he is the PERFECT #2. He does everything pretty well. He just doesn't have the physical skills to dominate in a manner that Watkins is capable of. There is a reason that scouts and personnel people have been drooling over him.

The bad QB play has negatively impacted all of the receivers. Mike Williams will be better too. These guys have been running free and the ball hasn't gotten to them.

I'm in the same group, actually. I believe Woods is our best receiver.

apparently no one saw how good woods was last year with crappy QB throwing to him. EJ never had a rapport this year with woods and affected him this year. Woods is truely the best receiver on this team and I don't care if I stand alone.

Edited by DougTheBug

I'm in the same group, actually. I believe Woods is our best receiver.

Time will tell but I would venture that if you surveyed 1,000 personnel people around the league you would have less than 10 agree. I like Woods (a lot) but their talent levels are different. Edited by Kirby Jackson

apparently no one saw how good woods was last year with crappy QB throwing to him. EJ never had a rapport this year with woods and affected him this year. Woods is truely the best receiver on this team and I don't care if I stand alone.

Watkins is on pace for 28 more catches, 200 more yards and 5 more TDS. He is trending like this with more options than what played around Woods. Again, I love Woods but there really isn't anything that he does better than Sammy (except maybe mentality). I LOVE Woods' mentality.

Sammy possesses the raw ability to be dynamic in the slot, with potential to be great.....and I'm talking taking the position to a level higher than Welker in his prime in NE. He has the rare athltetesim to be more of a threat after the catch than Welker did, and he was pretty good himself. But Watkins also brings the ability to break tackles...this is another difference he brings to the slot position. He can also be a deep threat WR.

So he's more versatile than Woods, or has the quick potential to be.

I like Woods more as an intermediate threat...and possession receiver. His route running is way more crisp than Watkins at this point.

Both have different skills to bring to an offense. Its a good mix to have.