Watching Bills in D.C. area

dhg

Going to be down that way this weekend for a wedding. My brother lives down that way in McLean and he is taking me to Jimmy's Old Town Tavern in Herndon to watch the game this Sunday. Wondering if any other TBD members will be there this Sunday.

Going to be down that way this weekend for a wedding. My brother lives down that way in McLean and he is taking me to Jimmy's Old Town Tavern in Herndon to watch the game this Sunday. Wondering if any other TBD members will be there this Sunday.

The bar of the Washington DC Bills Backers is Laughing Man Tavern downtown near Metro center. I've never been to Jimmy's, because LMT is the best!

I used to go to McFadden's which is near the foggy bottom metro. It's been a few years, but that was always a good time.

I've never been to Laughing Man Tavern, I'll have to give that a try.

I think Jimmy's is the closest Bills bar to McLean. I live right around Tysons and don't know of anywhere else. There are tons of places that have Sunday Ticket though if you're looking for something closer.

I live in Maryland. I used to go to Grevey's (in Fairfax) because it's easier to park. It's also a total blast, replete with the Shout song. I've also been to LMT, but it's not as convenient for me. With kids and a family, I don't get to go as much and spend my Sundays cursing the fact that I can't get Sunday Ticket (too many trees in my yard for DirectTV and not eligible for the online version since I'm not in an apartment).

I have DTV & NFL ticket ............ And I'm too lazy to drive the hour to Herndon.

Jimmys Sucks!!!!

Just Kidding, been there long time ago....Trent's last game as a matter of fact, against the Packers. Had a flight out of Dulles around 6, so it was very convenient for that.

Fun place, did not eat there but had plenty o beers.It was crowded, so i imagine you need to be there early to get decent seat, i was a single so just fine at the bar.

Jimmy's is a great time... I believe Jimmy is from Arcade. They play the shout song.. good wings.. weck etc.. Highly recommend it. There is also a bar in Adams Morgan in downtown DC called Union Station ( at least it was open a few years ago) that I lived right across the street from that was a Bills bar.

The atmosphere at Jimmy's during a Bills game is awesome. You'll have a great time! Jimmy's serves Beef on Weck, Sahlen hot dogs, Canadian beer (Labatt's & Molson's), and chicken wings just to name a few.

Edited by Jerry Jabber

Greveys used to be wall to wall bilz and Sabres fans for games along with blue on tap, nice wings and even an outdoor bar with tvs. Used to be outstanding place to watch but haven't been in a long time. The guy that opened it played pro bball in buffalo before the team moved.

Edit: More about it

http://sullyonsports.buffalonews.com/2014/03/22/kevin-grevey-loves-the-bills/

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to watch a Bills game son... :D

Greveys used to be wall to wall bilz and Sabres fans for games along with blue on tap, nice wings and even an outdoor bar with tvs. Used to be outstanding place to watch but haven't been in a long time. The guy that opened it played pro bball in buffalo before the team moved.

http://sullyonsports...oves-the-bills/

I am a regular at Greveys, as my parents have been taking my brother and I there since we were 3 months old. Greveys used to be packed with Bills fans and it was a great atmosphere to watch a game, but as the years have gone on and the team has been losing, the crowd isn't nearly as big as it used to be. Now you can go in there and find a lot of fans of other teams watching their games on tv, although the bills game audio does go through the whole restaurant.

Jimmy's is a great time. Tons of people. Good beer, good wings. My only problem with Jimmy's is that he has very small TVs up in the bar, and there aren't that many. Although I have heard that he's recently built an addition on to the bar for Bills games, so maybe that is better now.

Jimmy's is a great time... I believe Jimmy is from Arcade. They play the shout song.. good wings.. weck etc.. Highly recommend it. There is also a bar in Adams Morgan in downtown DC called Union Station ( at least it was open a few years ago) that I lived right across the street from that was a Bills bar.

Lived on Kalorama, right of Connecticut for almost 8 years!

http://sullyonsports...oves-the-bills/

Funny story on Greveys...had just started dating my now wife..maybe two dates in...we were walking out of work when she asked what i was doing that evening. Said going to watch Sabre playoff game at Greveys...told her you are more than welcome to come but unlike football not as easy to talk etc. We got there at 6.30, as i told her to hard to eat during a hockey game.

She was only going to stay for a bit, but knew i would like this chick when she stayed through all 4 overtimes cause she did not want to see me drive home at 2 AM after drinking from 6.30 on....now that my friends was awesome! Fell in love right there and then!

Unless it's too hard to get into DC, Grand Central and Laughing Man are both a lot of fun. You might be able to sit down at Laughing Man if you sit upstairs, whereas Grand Central you're standing the whole day for sure. Wings are better at Grand Central, while Laughing Man is probably the nicer bar of the two. Both have great beer specials. Have fun!

Lived on Kalorama, right of Connecticut for almost 8 years!

Funny story on Greveys...had just started dating my now wife..maybe two dates in...we were walking out of work when she asked what i was doing that evening. Said going to watch Sabre playoff game at Greveys...told her you are more than welcome to come but unlike football not as easy to talk etc. We got there at 6.30, as i told her to hard to eat during a hockey game.

She was only going to stay for a bit, but knew i would like this chick when she stayed through all 4 overtimes cause she did not want to see me drive home at 2 AM after drinking from 6.30 on....now that my friends was awesome! Fell in love right there and then!

I lived on 18th and Belmont from 2006- 2009 which was literally right across the street from Grand Central which was fantastic. I could walk across the street .. have 6 or 7 beers.. some good wings.. watch Bills games with some good people and walk home..

I lived on 18th and Belmont from 2006- 2009 which was literally right across the street from Grand Central which was fantastic. I could walk across the street .. have 6 or 7 beers.. some good wings.. watch Bills games with some good people and walk home..

Jimmy's probably has a more hometown feel and is more fun game watching experience but if you want to hang out and go to great restaurants / bars / nightlife Grand Central in Adams Morgan is a really awesome fun area.