Week 5 Predictions: Bills @ Lions

YoloinOhio

Lions have a great defense. Bills have an offense in transition. Lions have Calvin Johnson. Bills have Gilmore.

BUT.... may the Schwartz be with you! He's been like a mad scientist getting ready for this game. Dareus smashes Stafford early and he has to leave, Megatron is Gimpy, and we get Orlovsky to turn the ball over.

Bills 20, Lions 14

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm not feeling good about the final score (if the SD game is any indication, we can't keep pace with big time offenses) but I am excited to see what Orton can do and how our WR's look when they actually have a catchable ball

oh crap Orton as QB

Bills 20, Lions 19

I'll throw in my AFCE picks too,

NYETS @ Chargers oh woe is them. Does Rex get fired? Chargers Win

Fish neither win or lose

BenGals @ Patriots One coming off of a BYE week and the other a MNF prime time game humiliation. (ok maybe not humiliation) BenGals Win

Detroit is an outstanding team, loaded on offense and defense with elite talent. Now that they dumped the Schwartz and brought in a solid head coach I see them as Super Bowl contenders. Naturally, we picked up the Schwartz from the ash-heap of Detroit history and made him our DC. Still don't like that move, but he does know Detorit's personnel better than anyone and maybe that will help. Also helping the Bills is starting Orton at QB. Gives us a more competent, veteran presence at the most important position.

The Lions are the better team. Period. Home field is a huge advantage for them, too. The Bills did get an extra shot in the arm seeing KC destroy NE Monday night, opening the division wide for the taking. Lions win 8 of 10, maybe 9 of 10 vs Buffalo in Detroit, but that's why they play the game. I'm going with the Lions 27-20, but am hoping we somehow sneak away with an upset.

I would like to wait until the results on Kyle and NB are in, though I'm not holding my breath either will be active on Sunday.

Detroit is beatable, more beatable than SD was -- especially if Megatron is as hobbled as he was against the Jests. Bell might be out too, which would help and Stafford can self destruct if he gets hit early.

That said, this will be a tough game and one I'm not feeling great about. I think Orton steps in and steadies the offense, I expect the WRs to be a bigger part of the offensive pie this week and they can make plays against Detroit's defensive secondary which is talented but not as physically gifted as Watkins, Woods or Williams. If Goodwin can get right this week, it could be a fun time for the passing game... assuming Pears doesn't get Orton murdered.

All that equivocating to get to my prediction: 27-17, Buffalo.

I don't see why people are making the Lions out to be the '85 Bears. Their a good team but this needs to be a win with 1st place in the division up for grabs. No excuses. I keep hearing how this is the most talented Bills team since the 90's. If that's true, why are so many people afraid of this game?