Hey Marrone - Start Bryce Brown!

BringBackFergy

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+1, MRags you are coming off worse than usual here. I can almost understand not signing Spiller to a new contract and letting BB fill in but starting BB over Spiller makes 0 sense.

just a fact here. I know you all have major problems understanding facts. But I never once in this thread said we should bench CJ for Brown. I don't care who they put in there. CJ isn't getting it done.

Ah now I get you, you want to be Mr. Itoldyouso. Why are people happy doing that, I never understand....is it fun being negative Nostradamus? Feel better about yourself if you are right? If it lasts more than 4 hours, what do you do?

no. I'm just being realistic. You guys want to continue to think CJ is our best player. Have at it.

Is there a reason you keep using the word "excises"?

yeah. My iPhone 6+ hasn't come in yet and my iPhone 5 has a smaller screen. So sometimes my giant fingers accidently hot a couple letters at once.

just a fact here. I know you all have major problems understanding facts. But I never once in this thread said we should bench CJ for Brown. I don't care who they put in there. CJ isn't getting it done.

no. I'm just being realistic. You guys want to continue to think CJ is our best player. Have at it.

yeah. My iPhone 6+ hasn't come in yet and my iPhone 5 has a smaller screen. So sometimes my giant fingers accidently hot a couple letters at once.

They shouldn't bench CJ for Brown but should bench him for? FJax and CJ are in a timeshare that seems to work and Dixon comes off the bench. Should they bench CJ for Dixon?

They shouldn't bench CJ for Brown but should bench him for? FJax and CJ are in a timeshare that seems to work and Dixon comes off the bench. Should they bench CJ for Dixon?

the timeshare doesn't work. Fred is still reliable when it's needed. Which is also why he's the one on the field in 3rd down situations. Or situations with the game on the line... Like Chicago. Because even the coaches don't trust CJ to not run backwards for a loss like an idiot. Or to not stay in bounds when were trying to run the clock out, or try to get out of bounds when were trying to conserve timeouts.

He just doesn't it. Honestly. Neither do you.

So just keep on believing what you want. Keep hoping for Spiller to bust out. Keep wishing for him to get more around him, etc, etc, etc...

I'll be here, and extrely happy when he's off this team.

I'm done here. No need to reply. I won't even read it.

the timeshare doesn't work. Fred is still reliable when it's needed. Which is also why he's the one on the field in 3rd down situations. Or situations with the game on the line... Like Chicago. Because even the coaches don't trust CJ to not run backwards for a loss like an idiot. Or to not stay in bounds when were trying to run the clock out, or try to get out of bounds when were trying to conserve timeouts.

He just doesn't it. Honestly. Neither do you.

So just keep on believing what you want. Keep hoping for Spiller to bust out. Keep wishing for him to get more around him, etc, etc, etc...

I'll be here, and extrely happy when he's off this team.

I'm done here. No need to reply. I won't even read it.

there_is_no_need_to_be_upset-4390.gif

In some games depending on the defense. When a power runner is needed it would be a good move. CJ is fast but he is never going to be a straight ahead power runner.

With our current problems at offensive line, I would rather they would use dump off passes to get CJ the ball. I don't want to bench him just get him in the open. But I would like to

see a power running game. We have a big offensive line, can't they drive block? I would like to see more of Dixon, I think it would slow the pass rush down a little. I know the NFL is now a passing league, but I am old and like the older ways better especially since we have quarterback problems.

In some games depending on the defense. When a power runner is needed it would be a good move. CJ is fast but he is never going to be a straight ahead power runner.

With our current problems at offensive line, I would rather they would use dump off passes to get CJ the ball. I don't want to bench him just get him in the open. But I would like to

see a power running game. We have a big offensive line, can't they drive block? I would like to see more of Dixon, I think it would slow the pass rush down a little. I know the NFL is now a passing league, but I am old and like the older ways better especially since we have quarterback problems.

Agreed. I honestly don't see why it is a problem to play Bryce Brown over CJ for ONE GAME and see how it pans out. Like you said, we could use a pounding back and BB is both a pounder and a slasher.

Agreed. I honestly don't see why it is a problem to play Bryce Brown over CJ for ONE GAME and see how it pans out. Like you said, we could use a pounding back and BB is both a pounder and a slasher.

Do people really think BB is better than CJ at any facet of the game?

So the o line... improved on paper. Performs worse. The defensive front 7 about on par with last year in regards to getting what they are supposed to do done. The secondary regresses and its NOT because of Byrd. Running backs worse according to this thread. QB is terrible according to TSW but... we really leave the coaching staff unscathed. How about putting a magnifying glass on them. Is it fair to just pick off all the players who are not mailing in plays (wrs aside). We have a young team. And we need coaching. We need mentors we need to be shown how to get there. They have so much talent on the team individually. EJ might be the main one I didnt really get impressed by in college. When is it going to be that we hire a coaching staff that TRULY plays to the player strengths. We saw last year. McKelvin and Gilmore... cant believe I said the latter... make strides. We saw a d line knife through the line and get to the qb at will. We needed B Spikes to help on the run but is there really no middle man. An attacking d that could use Spikes ? I dont understand why Manny Lawson isnt getting more playing time. I dont get the Corey Graham 4th cb thing. I dont understand why the d had to change that much. On offense. Our HEAD coach is supposed to be a O line guru... let that marinate for a while. But we have some of the worst guards. Lets look at who Chan hadon the line. And lets look at who the qb was. How did they look so good. All rapid fire quick plays. Did Fitzpatrick have plenty of 5-7 step drops. How many long balls did we throw? And the offense generally worked. Why get cute and dump so much money on Chris Williams? Why move Pears to guard? Why why why? So many pieces but the team leaders are so inept at what they are doing that we are left to point out CJ... EJ... Gilmore... McKelvin... and posters choice. Something has to be done. And I honestly dont care who we play. I dont care who comes and who goes. Until we have the right staff in place we go no where. I didn't post this to attack anyone. Its a post plainly to vent. I might be right. I might be wrong. But its just how I feel.

First time in this thread. Haven't read it all,but has anyone done the math in the OP?

30 yarder plus 9 two yarders is 48 yards over 10 carries.

4.8 yards per carry.

That's stellar. Add in the Freddy/Dixon ground 'n' pound and we have the making of an excellent backfield. Brown replaces Freddy eventually.

This makes perfect sense.

In some weird way I think Dixon replaces Freddy. Its really abstract but that makes more sense to me

yeah. It goes the other way too. If the RB could keep more drives alive moving the chains, the QB would have more opportunities to succeed.

Just saying. We could go round and round about this all day.

But the facts are, that over 4 years, CJ has had 1 decent to good season rushing the ball. He has never had a season with 10 TDs however. He has never been consistant in moving the chains. He has struggled in 2 of 4 seasons with his other year being average. He has done this all with at least 2 different HCs and 2 different OCs. All while people making excises for him 3 out of 4 seasons.

Facts. All facts.

not an nfl fan but a bills fan so I ask how many rbs had 10+ rds and who were they. With this supposed the nf is a passing league isnt a 10 td expectation a little high. Especially since we run 3 rbs any given game?

this year his excuse is the guards.

Last year it was the injury.

The year before it was good.

The first year he was splitting carries dispite Chan giving him the starting job in the first 2 weeks until he played his way out of it.

What's next years excuse going to be?

ulcerated colitis ?