Can QB accuracy improve?

Dragonborn10

That is the question. EJ is making the right reads. He is seeing the open guy most of the time. He is just not delivering the ball accurately too often. He looks better than last year but still not good enough.

I just don't know if experience and time improves accuracy.

Just stop...there's no fixing EJ.

No. I am watching this vikings game and it is so damn frustrating. I am watching a guy in his first ever start going down field all day (with good accuracy) and playing with so much confidence. EJ will never have what it takes. Confidence, leadership, accuracy...these are things that you either have or don't have. EJ has none of those qualities. You know after the first drive what kind of a game EJ is going to have.

That is the question. EJ is making the right reads. He is seeing the open guy most of the time. He is just not delivering the ball accurately too often. He looks better than last year but still not good enough.

I have to disagree with you a bit here. Even Solomon Willcotts was able to spot the several times today when receivers were running open, or had settled into a vacant area, and EJ straight up missed them.

Either (1) EJ is being told just to scan a certain portion of the field, for whatever reason, or (2) he just cannot read an NFL field, or worse, (3) both. In the latter case, we should move on immediately, because the staff knows for sure that their QB is inadequate and don't trust him to improve. In the case of #2, this may be something that a QB could improve (unfortunately for us fans) IN TIME, if someone can settle him down. And in the case of #1, either the staff should be fired because that offensive philosophy is not going to be productive in the NFL, or they know they have an inferior talent at QB and have to put the training wheels on (again, here, if that's the case, we should just move on). None of these options is very heartening for a team that, by all appearances, should have been able to beat the Chargers and the Texans with even average QB play.

In my opinion, the BEST case scenario is that EJ is showing the coaches in practice that he CAN scan the field and make the right reads, but is just too rattled when the real bullets are flying to do it when it matters. It goes without saying that that is not something you should take any solace in, given that we have been told that "this is our time," and management has chosen EJ as their hill to die on.

Man, this has been a long couple of decades...

No. I am watching this vikings game and it is so damn frustrating. I am watching a guy in his first ever start going down field all day (with good accuracy) and playing with so much confidence. EJ will never have what it takes. Confidence, leadership, accuracy...these are things that you either have or don't have. EJ has none of those qualities. You know after the first drive what kind of a game EJ is going to have.

Amen. He lacks the mental characteristics/makeup that matter. Doesn't seem to care about winning or losing, same ridiculous monotone pressed, never looks like he's confident or in control of the team. Throw in bad decision making, which I think can improve slightly, with the accuracy, which can't improve, and he's done. Move on with a reach in the top half of the second next year.

Can you fix accuracy, probably not? But if it's a case of he's thinking to much trying to make the perfect pass and in so doing, the more he tries the worse it gets, then maybe it could improve if it starts to become second nature where he doesn't need to think about it.

Up until today I thought there was more hope for EJ, but today I have to say his lack of accuracy likely cost us the game. If even half the passes he made were on target, liklely drives would have continued and we win the game.

Per my point above, could it happen, maybe but feeling less likely that it will.

The Bills had 23 rushes for 96 yards, a 4.2 yard per carry average, and yet EJ throws 44 :censored: times. The Texans came into that game as the 27th ranked run defense, and the Bills should have exploited that.

This is more about bad coaching then anything else. Fred Jackson had the hot hand and he only saw 7 run touches

I don't know if you can fix accuracy. Bet the WR's are getting pissed that they are getting open but the QB can't sling the rock in there.

They thought EJ would get better in his 2nd year. He has not.

Still would play him tho. Have to hope the light goes on for EJ or its gonna be 15 yrs.

I don't know if you can fix accuracy. Bet the WR's are getting pissed that they are getting open but the QB can't sling the rock in there.

They thought EJ would get better in his 2nd year. He has not.

Still would play him tho. Have to hope the light goes on for EJ or its gonna be 15 yrs.

They dropped 4 to 6 passes today. They can look in the mirror first.

Bridgewater looked great. Very decisive, very accurate. It sucks we took our first round QB in a year where there weren't many good options. Imagine if we would have waited a year.. we could have picked from Carr, Bortles,Bridgewater or Manziel instead of Geno or EJ.