Time to Start Orton

rcatty

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Teddy Bridgewater looks great in his first NFL start - better than EJ ever has.

I saw Teddy Bridgewater make 5-6 plays today in his very first game, that I have yet to see from EJ in all of his games. I'm talking about pocket presence, accuracy, arm strength, anticipation, confidence. And after his win today, not even a smile, very busienss like, like he belongs in this league and know that hard work that awaits. I remember EJ winning his first game, it was prayers and jubilation like we had won the Super Bowl. I'm now left scratching my head, how the Bills talent evaluators thought this guy could get us to the playoffs....... Or how they thought it was a good idea to trade two #1's for a WR whose success is entirely predicated on a QB who can't deliver the football.

Marrone should indeed turn to Orton now, if he doesn't he will look back on his time and Buffalo and regret sticking with a bum QB for as long as he did. And for the record I don't think Orton is the answer, but I'm not the GM who assembled this roster. This is the bed that the Buffalo Bills organization has made and now they must lay in it.

Anybody who has 2 eyes can see this QB does not belong in the NFL, it's time for the guys who get paid millions to evaluate to admit the mistake they made in EJ and move on. The sooner the better, because there's no upside to the kid nor any redeeming qualities to build on.

Today, is the first day that I'm feeling like an entire house cleaning might be for the best come January. And I'm talking everybody including the Russ Brandon's and Scott Berchtold's of the world.

Edited by Estro

EJ's college scouting report paraphrased:

Weaknesses:

• Not a natural passer
  • Decision-making
  • Field vision
  • Struggles to work through progressions
  • Runs too quickly
  • Spotty accuracy
  • Can panic at times
  • Didn't play as well against good defenses

Hmmmmm

The biggest thing with EJ is he's such a nice hardworking kid and has EVERY intangible in the book. Unfortunately, his weaknesses will preclude him from making it in the NFL. He can still be a backup and roam the league, make a few mil$ a year and have a 10 year NFL career.

When we got Orton I watched a lot of his games, and thought he's gotten better as his career went on

I liked everything about his game except it seemed he threw too many INTs

But I checked, and he is 15th all-time at avoiding INTs http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_int_perc_career.htm

I think there is a good chance he could lead the Bills to the playoffs

When we got Orton I watched a lot of his games, and thought he's gotten better as his career went on

I liked everything about his game except it seemed he threw too many INTs

But I checked, and he is 15th all-time at avoiding INTs http://www.pro-footb...perc_career.htm

I think there is a good chance he could lead the Bills to the playoffs

Can't be any worse and no time like the present. A few more losses and its another season down the drain.

EJ's college scouting report paraphrased:

Weaknesses:

• Not a natural passer
  • Decision-making
  • Field vision
  • Struggles to work through progressions
  • Runs too quickly
  • Spotty accuracy
  • Can panic at times
  • Didn't play as well against good defenses

Hmmmmm

The biggest thing with EJ is he's such a nice hardworking kid and has EVERY intangible in the book. Unfortunately, his weaknesses will preclude him from making it in the NFL. He can still be a backup and roam the league, make a few mil$ a year and have a 10 year NFL career.

if we could only combine his character with Winston's ability.

Do you think EJ watches the game, just watches the same thing we did? If he does, he HAS to see the weaknesses being discussed. You would think he would see himself aiming the ball and just let it go! I'm afraid if he doesn't he will be saving the interceptions and his body for the bench. It won't matter. I really hoped he would make it, but he plays very timidly.

Orton needs to start or I gotta think the locker room is going to start revolting soon. Too much talent on this team to be wasting time on a guy that clearly isn't going to be it

BOOM!!!

But I think the Bills will throw EJ to the wolves against a good Detroit team, they'll lose by a lot and Orton will start at home against New England. And that game might still be for the division lead.

Quietly, the AFC East sucks this year.

BOOM!!!

But I think the Bills will throw EJ to the wolves against a good Detroit team, they'll lose by a lot and Orton will start at home against New England. And that game might still be for the division lead.

Quietly, the AFC East sucks this year.

This is why I hate to see this season slipping away. We all know Kyle Orton is not the answer if we're trying to build a Super Bowl winner. If we're hoping to sneak into the playoffs through the backdoor though? Yeah, maybe. At least more so than EJ.

Of course it should be Orton.

One thing any long time Bills should should have an eye for is hopeless QB prospects. If you can't watch Manuel play and see the writing on the wall, you have your blinders on.

The fans always said to keep giving Losman another chance. Trent another chance. EJ another chance.

Talk about character, though! Wow! Losman was always heavily involved in the community. Trent had Bill Walsh himself vouching for him as a stand up leader. We all see EJ saying the right things to the camera and trying to play the role.

Here's what every crappy Buffalo QB does:

200 yds/game career passing

1:1 TD:INT career ratio

60% career completion percentage

75.0 career QB rating

Losman, Edwards, Fitzpatrick, Manuel. Go check their career stats and compare. Manuel is cut from the exact same cloth as his predecessors.

I'm not as upset with EJ as I am with our decision to draft him...this from his scouting report...WEAKNESSES: He has a tendency to force throws into coverage trying to make a play. His decision-making and field vision are suspect. He struggles to work through progressions and often takes off running too quickly. Manuel has some accuracy issues as well. Short throws are often low or wide and his deep ball accuracy is uneven, as well. Gets happy feet under pressure, spins to the outside to avoid the rush. Must step into his throws more consistently to fully utilize his arm strength.

Well luckily they coach all of these things out of him. :ph34r:

Lest the season go down the drain.

Oh dear. Here we are 2-2, the sky is falling, take cover.

Well luckily they coach all of these things out of him. :ph34r:

Hmmmm, with all of those hits he took, and QB pressures is there any wonder? The Offensive line is a problem. Any QB would be having issues. But hey, let's start a journeyman QB in Orton, that will solve everything.

Marrone and Whaley's arrogance about Manuel has already set them on the inevitable course of being fired. It will probably be at the end of the 2015 season.

Just like Lovie smith benching Glennon for McCown. A lot of coaches have who they want locked in regardless of other players performances.

We might be getting closer. Last week Marrone refused to acknowledge accuracy issues in the post game, this week he mentioned 4 balls that he wished were on target and that the RBs did a great job. Have there been any reports on how Orton is doing in practice? I think we're just getting to the point where he's been with the team long enough to be an actual option. No idea what the coaches are seeing in practice.

It's still EJ for DET, but I think another poor game there would really open the door. Orton isn't a savior, but mediocre QB play could have won this game, and certainly wouldn't have intentionally grounded a ball from the end zone last week.

I'd like for Orton to be thrown into the mix too... Not because I think he'll be a phenomenal success... My hope is that an experienced vet like Orton can stand up to Gnat Hackett's tomfoolery. Maybe change the stupid plays.. Maybe a surly character like Orton is man enought to call Bulls#3!@ on Hackett's know-it-all disposition... That could change things for the better.... One can only hope... Fifteen years and counting.

Edited by #34fan