EJ stinks, refs blew final call and...

r00tabaga

I felt like EJ got away with intentional grounding earlier on that last drive so I don't think we have much to complain about when it comes to officiating.

It looked like he got out of the tackle box and threw the ball beyond the LOS... It was close though...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How is this not PI or illegal contact? https://vine.co/v/OZPdYbbd3wF

Wow, worse than I remembered it live. Just wow. We get that spot call right there we have what, 35 seconds at their 20? Damn. Cannot believe that wasn't called.

I almost can't even physically stand it that that wasn't called. So pissed. After all the NFL said about putting an emphasis on those calls. And we get hit with an illegal contact auto 1st down on the Mario sack that would have made it 2nd and 30. And that wasn't even half the amount of contact that this one had. We played bad on offense, yes, but to not call that is pitiful.

Thanks for that vine 26...I'm blasting it everywhere I can... :lol:

And I totally agree about it being worse than I thought it was...I saw the contact live so I knew it was a penalty...But it was worse than I thought...

On August 18th Dean Blandino was quoted on Peter King's MMQB..."We're not going to change how we're calling the games once the regular season starts...''

OK Dean...What say you now?...

Anyone have Blandino's email? ;)

How is this not PI or illegal contact? https://vine.co/v/OZPdYbbd3wF

I'll start complaining about that non-call the moment the refs retroactively grant the Bears a first down on Corey Graham's blatant interference on the Bears last play from scrimmage in regulation. it was just as bad as this one. Let 'em play in the last minute, I say. The ball still would have been overthrown regardless.

Edited by dave mcbride

I'll start complaining about that non-call the moment the refs retroactively grant the Bears a first down on Corey Graham's blatant interference on the Bears last play from scrimmage in regulation. it was just as bad as this one. Let 'em play in the last minute, I say. The ball still would have been overthrown regardless.

he nearly got hands on it despite a hand in the shoulder the entire way before the defender cut him off. It was catchable without the contact.

There do seem to be different rules in the last minutes. Last year the Patriots were playing the Panthers, and Luke Keuchly mauled Gronkowski in the end zone -- no call. Our Corey Graham got away with PI at Chicago. Woods was definitely denied the chance to run. The refs could have figured Woods initiated the contact, but the guy had his hand on him. There's no way it wouldn't have been called except in that situation, where PI would have set up the Bills on the 20 or so with a minute or more on the clock, and a chance to win.

But gosh EJ was terrible. Most of the passes that were dropped could have been thrown a lot better. Several incompletions were to open receivers but the pass was not where it needed to be. Even against Chicago, it was only because two of our receivers could elevate and snag EJ's high wimpy throws that the Bills were able to move the ball in critical periods.

Fortunately Fitz gave us ample reminders why he wasn't the guy, either. Watching him miss open receivers, in such sharp contrast to what Rivers did last week, shows how rare and special it is to have a superior QB.

Yes, it was a horrible no call, but for purposes of evaluation EJ, look at the throw. It was intercepted by the guy covering Mike Williams. Bad throw and even more so, a horrible play call by whomever called it because it allowed Williams' defender to cover both Williams and Woods. If not interfered with, Woods would likely been closer to the ball but Williams' defender would likely have broken it up if not intercepted. Again, that doesn't absolve the refs for an obvious blown call, but it does highlight the weaknesses of both EJ and Hackett (assuming he drew up and called that play). It was not the place to throw the ball, so EJ isn't left off the hook.

Yes, it was a horrible no call, but for purposes of evaluation EJ, look at the throw. It was intercepted by the guy covering Mike Williams. Bad throw and even more so, a horrible play call by whomever called it because it allowed Williams' defender to cover both Williams and Woods. If not interfered with, Woods would likely been closer to the ball but Williams' defender would likely have broken it up if not intercepted. Again, that doesn't absolve the refs for an obvious blown call, but it does highlight the weaknesses of both EJ and Hackett (assuming he drew up and called that play). It was not the place to throw the ball, so EJ isn't left off the hook.

The defender had to dive to make the pick. That tells me that Woods catching the ball while upright would have happened in space. That penalty no call wasn't fleeting. It happened over an extended distance for an extended time to a player that the throw went to so there's no way it was "missed." It was calculated decision to ignore it, imo. Often times I think that they wait for the result of the play. "No Harm- no foul." Except in this case it ended the game.

I felt like EJ got away with intentional grounding earlier on that last drive so I don't think we have much to complain about when it comes to officiating.

Initially I thought so too, but there was a receiver in the area and the refs probably thought it was yet another crappy throw from Manuel. The PI on the throw to Woods was blatant.

Initially I thought so too, but there was a receiver in the area and the refs probably thought it was yet another crappy throw from Manuel. The PI on the throw to Woods was blatant.

The key to that non-call was EJ moving quickly to get just outside of the tackle box when he saw Watt break through...It was actually a heads up play by EJ...When I saw it live I was waiting for the flag...But the replay showed he quickly broke to his right and chucked it beyond the line of scrimmage as soon as he cleared the OT...It was VERY close though... B-)