Why does the defense continue to get a pass?

Jrock

Again our defense was suspect at best and everyone is talking about the qb. We forced one punt in the first three quarters. And playing with the wind at our back we only had 5 minutes two dives 1 field goal in the second qtr and 6 minutes 1 drive td in the 3rd qtr. The reason was not the offenses inability to drive with the wind it was the defenses inability to get a stop. We couldn't even stop them with the wind in their face. The only reason we only allowed 20 pts is because the chargers took to long to score. Does anybody else see this as a problem?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The defense was not fine last week. It was horrible. So was the offense. Hence the ass whooping.

The defense was better than the offense in weeks 1 and 2. I'm not sure they're getting a "pass," but if they are, it's because they've been great in our 2 wins.

The D faced an all pro QB that was red hot. Still did enough to win the game.

Forcing one punt in 3 quarters of football is hardly doing enough to win any game. They were pathetic. The whole team was pathetic. Blaming one person or unit is pure silliness.

1 punt in 3 quarters and no turnovers isn't enough from a d to win any game. We are 26th against the pass through 3 games. I'm just not sold on Schwartz he reminds me a lot of Wannstedt. Other then turnovers we don't seem to get many stops.

1 punt in 3 quarters and no turnovers isn't enough from a d to win any game. We are 26th against the pass through 3 games. I'm just not sold on Schwartz he reminds me a lot of Wannstedt. Other then turnovers we don't seem to get many stops.

Hard to blame the D when the offense can't sustain any drives and they're out on the field all afternoon.

It was more than enough. Chargers also finished with worse 3rd down % in the game then the Bills O. They started bad and picked it up. Redzone Chargers only 2 Tds in 4 trips.

Were they good on D? No. Did they do enough to win? Yes. The game was well in reach when EJ panicked on 4th down and missed wide open Mike Williams.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

Again our defense was suspect at best and everyone is talking about the qb. We forced one punt in the first three quarters. And playing with the wind at our back we only had 5 minutes two dives 1 field goal in the second qtr and 6 minutes 1 drive td in the 3rd qtr. The reason was not the offenses inability to drive with the wind it was the defenses inability to get a stop. We couldn't even stop them with the wind in their face. The only reason we only allowed 20 pts is because the chargers took to long to score. Does anybody else see this as a problem?

All this in your first second or third posts huh? Ridiculi.

Exactly. The constant complaining about everything is beyond old. Even for someone as cynical as me. If it makes you feel better to think that the defense sucks, by all means go ahead and think that. Fortunately, it doesn't make it true.

It's fair to say that the O didn't do enough to help the D in the fourth quarter.

It's also fair to say the D did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to help themselves before that, either. Couldn't get off the field to save their lives. Anybody care to look at the time of possession through the halfway point of the 3rd quarter? Sorry, but the D performance up to the 4th quarter was poor and it had nothing to do with the struggles the offense was having to that point.

GO BILLS!!!

um they gave up 20 points our defense is fine and ej is fine we will be fine relax let them play ej will get better every time out this year the more he plays the better he will get

um they gave up 20 points our defense is fine and ej is fine we will be fine relax let them play ej will get better every time out this year the more he plays the better he will get

They gave up 20 points cuz that is all the Chargers needed. After the 8 minute 3rd quarter TD, the game was over. There were only 2 possessions in that 3rd quarter. I actually thought that the first defensive stop came early in the 4rth quarter. THE DEFENSE WAS PUTRID against the Chargers. Need i mention SG24 again?

Exactly. The constant complaining about everything is beyond old. Even for someone as cynical as me. If it makes you feel better to think that the defense sucks, by all means go ahead and think that. Fortunately, it doesn't make it true.

Not saying the defense sucks but I am saying when they under preform for 3 quarters and the qb pukes on himself in the 4th the only thing anyone talks about is how bad the qb with all of 13 games under his belt was. This defense should be a top 10 D at the least but every year it seems like they under preform either against the run or the pass. This year it seems to be the pass at least so far.