Article on Fox News ranking tailgating cities.

CodeMonkey

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. I hate when people call them Buffalo Wings. I've heard everything from, "do Buffalps really have wings" to "they're called Buffalo wings becaise of the sauce that's BBQ and hot saice mixed". They're just wings people. Or chicken wings. How freaking hard is that???

Why do people in Buffalo tend to get so upset by this? To my way of thinking it's one of the few positive things that the general public associates with Buffalo. I call them wings, but don't mind hearing someone say Buffalo wings.

I've tailgated in Buffalo and outside of having my stuff stolen during the game it was fine. Good atomosphere.

For as great an experience as Century Link field in Seattle is, there doesn't seem to be any space outside for tailgating.

I'll always be beholden to Gillette stadium however.

Anyone remember when, about 20 or more years ago, someone on "60 Minutes" made a comment about there being little to do in Buffalo? The Chamber or some other organization invited him to Buffalo and hosted him all over the city. The reporter did a follow-on feature about Buffalo and admitted that he needed to eat his words. Perhaps the next reporter who shows his/her ignorance should be invited to town, brought to the Falls, and offered a ride in a barrel. What more excitement could you ask for?

Why do people in Buffalo tend to get so upset by this? To my way of thinking it's one of the few positive things that the general public associates with Buffalo. I call them wings, but don't mind hearing someone say Buffalo wings.

I agree completely. In WNY there is no reason to call them Buffalo wings, but outside the area it is very appropriate and helps guarantee you will get bone-in wings and Buffalo style hot sauce (but not always blue cheese, too many default to ranch out here).

I'm not gonna complain about the "nothing else that do in Buffalo" comment, because let's face it, this place isn't exactly Los Angeles. But seriously, they couldn't have found a picture of a tailgate IN BUFFALO?

Edited by sodbuster

As soon as I read "there is nothing else to do in Buffalo", I knew that the "over-sensitive" folks would post about it. :lol:

Here's the truth they never mention about cities where there's 'a lot to do'. 99% of the people there don't do any of those things.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

Yes, all my life(55 years). It's a great city on the rise, and I could care less what people in the media outside of WNY think. Any other questions?

here. I'll do what you did to me only exactly opposite. If your from Buffalo and don't get offended by all the national media outlets, the snobs like Tom Brady, and other idiots like Willis McGahee, and Donte Witner then you have no love for your city. No passion. No drive.

There. It goes that way too.

You can't honestly stand there thinking the city is on the rise but not get bothered by some idiot who's never even been here calling it a dying city.

here. I'll do what you did to me only exactly opposite. If your from Buffalo and don't get offended by all the national media outlets, the snobs like Tom Brady, and other idiots like Willis McGahee, and Donte Witner then you have no love for your city. No passion. No drive.

There. It goes that way too.

You can't honestly stand there thinking the city is on the rise but not get bothered by some idiot who's never even been here calling it a dying city.

I could. If I knew it to be on the rise and not dying then the opinion of someone who has never been there would have no meaning to me. It might bother me if someone like Mr. Blue who has lived there his entire life thought that, but someone talking out his ass about something he knows nothing about? Why would that bother you, me, or anyone?

I could. If I knew it to be on the rise and not dying then the opinion of someone who has never been there would have no meaning to me. It might bother me if someone like Mr. Blue who has lived there his entire life thought that, but someone talking out his ass about something he knows nothing about? Why would that bother you, me, or anyone?

whatever. It doesn't bother you. That's great for you. It bothers me. It annoys me when you tell someone where you live and hear crap out of their mouths that have no idea what they are talking about.

whatever. It doesn't bother you. That's great for you. It bothers me. It annoys me when you tell someone where you live and hear crap out of their mouths that have no idea what they are talking about.

I don't live in Buffalo so who knows, maybe my home town being the butt of jokes my entire life would bother me in that case. An ignorant opinion is just meaningless to me now though.

Yes, but that happens all the time. Let's say you move to the South or to California or someplace. Then you start telling people you're from New York State. The first question you'll hear is, "Why don't you have a New York accent?" To many of them, New York City and New York State are the same thing.

If someone says that Buffalo = cold/nothing to do, at least he's aware that New York State consists of more than just NYC. That's something.

Yes, but that happens all the time. Let's say you move to the South or to California or someplace. Then you start telling people you're from New York State. The first question you'll hear is, "Why don't you have a New York accent?" To many of them, New York City and New York State are the same thing.

It's worse when you go overseas. Taxi drivers from the airport almost always ask where in the US you are from and when you say New York a very high percentage of the time they will ask "The Bronx?"

Good ranking. But the "there's not a lot to do in Buffalo" proves that this guy has never been to Buffalo. Not a "lot" compared to Chicago perhaps, but there is a decent amount of stuff to do.

Yeah there's plenty to do there now. It's time to shed that reputation.

Never been to GB but Buffalo is tops in my books for tailgating! I have been to KC and they do a nice job, but a distant second to Buffalo. Chicago has no tailgate area. I usually had to park in a garage! Cleveland's set up is ok but is very broken up aside from the main lot. No comparison. Go Bills!

Man you would blow a gasket living in Alaska. I can't guess how many times I've been asked how can you live in 6 months of darkness. I just blow it off and say that's not right. If they don't believe me that's great. One less lower 48 dick head coming here.