Anybody wish Pettine was still here.

rfk

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are too stubborn to accept this fact than I don't know what to say. But good work posting yards per attempt with the pass defense now what are the rest of the metrics that show yards/attempt?

I'm not going to do your work for you. You disagreed with my point, go do your own work.

I love me some sacks.....so I miss the entertaining attacking style.

but this defense is getting the job done.

Team Defense Rushing Yards/Attempt:

2013 - 4.4 Yrds/A - Rank #23

2014 - 3.3 Yrds/A - Rank #6

Team Points Allowed per game:

2013 - 24.3 - Rank #20

2014 - 17.3 - Rank #8

Edited by papazoid

The big plays are exciting but solid wins. The D last year was bad against the run and didn't make stops at crucial times. Pettine was a good D and I'm glad he got a job. But let's not pretend liek he was perfect. We lost a game where we scored 31 points, lost to Brandon Weeden, and blew the NE game late.

i recall in the offseason often saying wed have the wanny comparisons and freak out sessions come september, but despite being a bit more vanilla it would probably still be pretty workman like about getting the job done and hang around the top 10. im not a huge schwartz fan, but hes still good at his job and unlikely to wildly surprise us..... if the front 4 stay healthy we should have a good unit under him.

The big plays are exciting but solid wins. The D last year was bad against the run and didn't make stops at crucial times. Pettine was a good D and I'm glad he got a job. But let's not pretend liek he was perfect. We lost a game where we scored 31 points, lost to Brandon Weeden, and blew the NE game late.

The biggest issue I had with Pettines defense last year was giving up HUGE plays on 3rd and long. But that's fixable with better players in the secondary. Same thing with the run game and the Bills addressed that with changes in their personnel.

The biggest issue I had with Pettines defense last year was giving up HUGE plays on 3rd and long. But that's fixable with better players in the secondary. Same thing with the run game and the Bills addressed that with changes in their personnel.

Yup. Though they were bad against 3rd and longs last game. Hopefully it was more of a case of playing one of the best QBs in the NFL.

Yup. Though they were bad against 3rd and longs last game. Hopefully it was more of a case of playing one of the best QBs in the NFL.

By the end of the year, which defense will be better "Schwartz or Pettine" will be largely determined by which one minimized the big passing plays. So far both defenses are giving up at least 2 big plays a game and they haven't been tested with Brady, Stafford, Manning and Rodgers yet.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

Based on his worse record? Their D is one of the worst in the NFL and they have a worse record. It is still very early but how anyone can say Pettine is a better coach than Marrone at this point is just silly.

Because Marrone appears to be in over his head and makes atrocious game day decisions, just like his predecessors. Obviously, the jury is still out on Pettine; I think three games is too early to declare him a failure,

Because Marrone appears to be in over his head and makes atrocious game day decisions, just like his predecessors. Obviously, the jury is still out on Pettine; I think three games is too early to declare him a failure,

No one is saying Pettine is a failure. I just think it is silly to say he a better coach at Marrone at this point. But agree to disagree.

Stafford couldn't play? I think he's pretty good!

He struggled at times last year with his mechanics.

Team Defense Rushing Yards/Attempt:

2013 - 4.4 Yrds/A - Rank #23

2014 - 3.3 Yrds/A - Rank #6

Team Points Allowed per game:

2013 - 24.3 - Rank #20

2014 - 17.3 - Rank #8

Good work. Now when we have the same sample size at the end of the year we can judge who had the better year. Pettines overall defensive metrics was somewhere in the top 10.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

I'm concerned that Schwartz is too slow to adjust and react. Looked very much like a Wannstache defense. WHY would Preston Brown EVER be covering a fast WR? That shouldn't even be an option. Robey was on bench many times when Chargers had 3 WR sets. Also, where was the blitz?

Robey got benched because of his own poor play. Brooks went in for him. The blitz doesn't work with Rivers.

I think Schwartz is fine. Actually I think he is doing quite a good job. He adjusted well after half time against the chargers. I think they only had one sustained drive in the second half that resulted in a TD. Regardless, the defense kept getting the ball back to the offense. The D does what it has to which is something Pettine's D could never do