Angst in New England - Love It

Stormin Norman

Hey all. The original post wasn't to gloat about the demise of Brady or to have my euphoria at a Bills victory (hopefully) over NE diminished by the perception that he is in decline. It was to give everyone a little chuckle that Patriot fans are grappling with the same stuff we are.

Quite honestly, my going-in outlook is that New England is still the king of the hill and Brady is still potentially god-like as an NFL quarterback until proven otherwise. That only changes via Bills wins. There is no other remedy.

Stormin Normin is obviously on the NE payroll. He's trying to get us to feel bad for Brady and the Pats so that we become fans of them. Not going to work buddy! Not going to work!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Tommy and his OC argued made me smile. it was like a rainbow coming in a downpour on Sunday. I just got warm and fuzzy.

All of these NE fans will disappear in a few months and instead they'll be dawning Seattle attire. I am seeing way too much Seattle attire in NC where I used to see Patriots garb. Hell, I still see more Steeler and Redskin stuff then Panther.

Pats and Seattle fans are all mostly bandwagon fans. I can't wait till the day both teams return to obscurity and the Bills rule the AFC again (with the NFC between Dallas and SF)

Stormin Normin is obviously on the NE payroll. He's trying to get us to feel bad for Brady and the Pats so that we become fans of them. Not going to work buddy! Not going to work!

:thumbsup:

Gronk is still in pre-season mode and Brady's OL is in transition. They'll be right and in order soon and, sure as the sun will set each day, Brady will be back to performing as the QB who sports just 2 losses to the Bills in his entire NFL career.

Edited by Pneumonic

I think Belichick overestimated Tommy Boy. It appears at 37 Brady who was skin & bones at the 2000 combine has maxed his talent & his skill set is eroding right before the hoodies eyes.

Brady won a SB with a journeyman as his primary target, Troy Brown. Brady has better weapons now with Edelman, Gronk, Amendola, Moore, Thompkins & Dobson. Vereen is equal to Antowan Smith & a better pass catcher. The other RBs are dangerous. Where the dropoff has occurred is in Brady's ability.

A regular murderer's row of top WR talent right there...

Ha, good one! On the contrary, I just moved back after living for six years out there. But I conceded NOTHING to their spoiled, front-running fans. Made plenty of wings, though, right in the parking lot under the e-Bay tower!

GO BILLS!

NE stumbles every September and gets much stronger as the year goes on. I hate the Pats* but won't believe in their demise until we see them look bad in November.

Exactly. They will improve. And the bottom line is that they are 2-1 despite stumbling.

I want to believe, and it does make sense. Time is undefeated.

I am pessimistic and paranoid of the Patriots* by nature. For example, I can easily see them steamrolling KC 51-10 on MNF.

The thing is that Brady looks off this year, and this was true last season as well. But it's even worse now, and that roster overall is not that talented IMO. Wilfork is old, fat, and slow. Amendola is made of glass. Gronk lumbers around like frankenstein.

What we need to worry about now is them somehow getting a WR like Larry Fitzgerald or Andre Johnson for a 4th round pick like how they got Moss and went on a tear. Teams need to avoid helping them at all costs.

I am in Taxachusetts for business and you can't believe the hand-wringing about the Patriots on their sports radio programs. The whining includes:

- Tom Brady is no longer Tom Brady. He's hitting the wall.

- Brady looks only to one or two receivers and that's it. He either hates all the other guys or has no confidence in them. Amendola has like 16 yards receiving because Brady refuses to go to him.

- The offensive line stinks. Can't generate a running game so it all falls on the QB. Protection is horrible. Calls to bring in Richie Incognito!

- Play calling is a joke.

- The total surrounding cast for Tommy Boy is substandard.

- Gronk is not healthy.

Love it! Next time I hear Buffalo radio announcers ready to go over the Falls because EJ had a tough day, I'm going to listen to WEEI to feel better.

Hate to say it but I have the bad feeling that Jimmy G guy turns out to be a franchise QB for them... maybe by the end of next year.

LOL

Tom Terrific may get respect for passing yds, but he's a primadonna and I'll most likely never feel sorry for him.

Frankly, I get no satisfaction from this. Tom Brady kicked the Bills around for his entire career. I wanted to see the Bills beat out the Pats while Brady was in the middle of his career, not when he is nearing 40.

It's like a guy has been having sex with your wife and daughter, and now you are giddy because he has a "For Sale" sign in front of his house.

Wow, feels so good!?

What's so bad about getting the last laugh?

• 3 weeks later...