Television coverage map for Bills vs. Chargers

Fadingpain

I notice that CBS will be showing the Bills/Chargers game in only (basically) WNY and southern California/southern Nevada.

In other words, this is being treated as a game with only local interest among the fans of both teams.

Instead, large portions of the country will see (including me) New England vs. Oakland, which will be arguably a much less interesting game to the casual, neutral fan. I assume NE wins that game easily.

My point: Buffalo is still getting zero respect. It's still the same old same old.

This is going to continue for a while until we have demonstrated that we are not the same old Bills.

This sucks for me by the way. Won't be seeing the Bills this week, but I'll be listening on the radio!

This TV coverage sorry state of affairs might start to turn if we can beat San Diego.

I think that is when we will officially land on the radar of a lot of people around the NFL.

Where do you live? How about a sports bar?

Good point about the sports bar; I might look for one.

My point is that CBS has deemed New England vs. Oakland to be a more interesting game to most of the country as compared to Buffalo vs. San Diego...which amazes me.

I think that arguably, the Bills/Chargers is a much better game to a neutral, 3rd party observer and I would think that would be the game they would televise to most of the country, but that's not what they are doing.

It will be interesting to see how long this lasts.

=

NFL Maps: Week 3, 2014: http://506sports.com...hp?yr=2014&wk=3

Thanks for posting the map in question!

Fully agree that the NE/OAK game has zero business being the national game.

It's going to be a lousy contest.

That said, I'm not sure if that automatically ushers BUF/SD to the front of the queue, but the lineup, in general is pretty awful.

If not for the Bills, I'd say the the CLE/BAL game might deserve some more recognition.

But the rest are stinkers. Yikes:

HOU/NYG

IND/JAX

TEN/CIN

That said, I'm not sure if that automatically ushers BUF/SD to the front of the queue, but the lineup, in general is pretty awful.

If not for the Bills, I'd say the the CLE/BAL game might deserve some more recognition.

HOU/NYG

IND/JAX

TEN/CIN

Yeah and CBS bumping the Bills for an NFC team, the 0-2 Giants, is awesome. I can't wait...

Edited by SmokinES3

HOU/NYG

IND/JAX

TEN/CIN

Point well taken; the Cleveland vs. Baltimore game looks equally "interesting" to me and probably to a lot of the country as well.

I guess NE is plastered all over the place simply b/c they have been a good team for a long time and they have Tom Brady as the QB. But that doesn't really translate to an interesting game for people not from NE or the Bay area!

Oh well. This is subject to change mind you!

Maybe the Bills game will trump NE in the end. We'll see soon enough.

Denver and Seattle late in wny? Bills fans should be much more interested in KC and Miami

True enough. Having said that, it is tough not to want to watch a re-match of last year's Superbowl. I can see why nearly the entire country is going to see Denver/Seattle.

Fortunately I'll be in SoCal for the weekend. I'll have to remember to get up by 10 am Sunday...

When the Bills were good and I lived in SoCal I'd be up at 5am listening to the pre-game feeds from the east coast. But then again with the Bills were good I was younger......a LOT younger.

This is why I buy the Sunday ticket, so I can watch the 2-3games /year that aren't on local tv. Here in Albany, we always get the giants, jets or ne before the Bills. Back in the 90‘s, they would let the viewers vote for the game to watch.

I love those maps, because you always get that bizarre out-of-the-way part of the country that gets a game for no discernible rhyme or reason.

Like eastern Washington and the Idaho panhandle, getting for the early CBS game...Tennessee at Cincinnati? What?

My favorite this week is, for the CBS late game, Tampa and Panama City are getting the Denver/Seattle game. That is a much better game than the game the rest of Florida is getting: KC and Miami. You'e expect that market to get the Miami game, no?

Perhaps they have someone at the local station willing to go head to head with the network to get the game they know will be better. It's not easy to do, but I used to do it all the time in San Francisco. NBC would assign us a game and I'd spend half a day negotiating to get the game we thought would be better (this was in the early 90's and we ended up taking a LOT of Bills games :rolleyes: ). I hear they've tightened that up a bit since those days. But I'm guessing that's what happened here. Another possibility is the network had to make a few adjustments to increase coverage on the Denver/Seattle game to cover the guarantees made to advertisers.

Jake Locker?

Wrong side of the Cascade Mountains. Jake grew up in NW WA near the Canada border. Within the Seattle TV market which is of course where he played in college. My guess is Bishop Sankey, the Titans rookie RB who played high school ball for Gonzaga Prep in Spokane.

I love those maps, because you always get that bizarre out-of-the-way part of the country that gets a game for no discernible rhyme or reason.

Like eastern Washington and the Idaho panhandle, getting for the early CBS game...Tennessee at Cincinnati? What?

Beat me to it, as per usual. :)

Looking at that map, I was thinking....there must be like one dude, named George, from Cincy/Tenn that runs the 1 CBS affiliate for that area, who wants this game. Basically he has his own DirecTV. Got his Bengals jersey on, six pack ready to go, all by himself in the one-room TV station. Let's Go Bengals!

Seriously, I thought each local, non-designated "home market" TV station had some say in what game they show each week, since they buy the games from the network(sorta). I've heard of people merely calling up and bitching to the local affiliate/cable company, and if nobody else cares, they show the game you want. So perhaps these Nother Idaho/Eastern Washington/Western Montana people are wiser than we thought: they saw this NE/OAK clunker coming, and opted for the better game?

Or....there's always a Bills Backers club/Sports Bar.

However, be careful which Sports bar you choose. There tend to be no shortage of d-bags, especially d-bags who are losing bets against the Bills, because they don't know the aggregate history of the Bills beating the spread.

It's usually because a key player in the game played his college ball in that area. We used to get Chargers games all the time in Central North Carolina because Philip Rivers came out of NC State.