C.J. Spiller earns AFC special-teams honors

Honestly there are probably more deserving people. Spiller was the beneficiary of outstanding blocking by the entire return squad.

All Spiller had to do was run. I don't think he was ever touched. McLovin or any number of people (with decent speed) could have made that run.

If an award is to be given for that return, then the entire return team deserves it IMO.

Honestly there are probably more deserving people. Spiller was the beneficiary of outstanding blocking by the entire return squad.

All Spiller had to do was run. I don't think he was ever touched. McLovin or any number of people (with decent speed) could have made that run.

If an award is to be given for that return, then the entire return team deserves it IMO.

But truthfully, that can be said about nearly any great play...a great run requires blocking, a great pass requires a catch and maybe run after the catch. It's a team sport that is co-dependent on many other moving and working parts to be in synergy for one coherent objective, and so while you're right he didn't juke much or break tackles, I don't think that takes away from his vision and decisiveness regarding the slot and certainly can't take away his speed...if it were easy to do, there would many kickoff returns for TDs of close to a 100 yards each week...so, you're right, CJ wasn't Superman on the play, but he certainly showed brilliance in utilizing the lanes and his talent and God-given ability in his speed to outpace the Phins...