The Strain

/dev/null

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a tequila (mezcal) vampire. He only controls you for a few hours, but he sure does make you do some stupid ****.

You have a point - until this episode, the master had been inhabiting Bolivar, a latino metal vocalist. Who else is more likely to thrive on Mezcal in his pre-strigoi days?

I thought this recent episode was the best of the series so far. I actually stood up from my seat during the final scene. They tend to take a little time setting things up in between climaxes, but this time the climax was a major holy &%@#! moment. Setrakian has always been the picture of steadfast resolve, but he had that classic WTF look on his face at the end. This is a completely unexpected curve they've written into the story. Anyone following the books must be lost at this point.

Am I the only that is surprised how quickly each episode is over and wish each one was two hrs long, amiright!

You have a point - until this episode, the master had been inhabiting Bolivar, a latino metal vocalist. Who else is more likely to thrive on Mezcal in his pre-strigoi days?

never noticed that, thought he was white?

Am I the only that is surprised how quickly each episode is over and wish each one was two hrs long, amiright!

I'm just presuming, but the character's name was Gabriel Bolivar, which is a hispanic name. Granted, that could be his stage name from his metal-band days. I'm in complete agreement with you on how fast one episode seems to fly by - two hours might not even satisfy the fix.

I'm just presuming, but the character's name was Gabriel Bolivar, which is a hispanic name. Granted, that could be his stage name from his metal-band days. I'm in complete agreement with you on how fast one episode seems to fly by - two hours might not even satisfy the fix.

After a quick look online I can correct my prior assumption. Despite the name, Gabriel Bolivar wasn't latino. His real name was Dwight Moorshein - Bolivar was a stage name/persona.

Showrunner for The Strain, Carlton Cuse, has said that their decision for kill off Bolivar was a plot twist intended to throw everyone off and have fans guessing as to who The Master will choose as his next vessel. Anyone care to hazard a guess as to who The Master will inhabit next? Chances are it will be someone we're already familiar with. Old man Palmer? Zack? Eichhorst is too good a character to waste as The Master if you ask me.

After a quick look online I can correct my prior assumption. Despite the name, Gabriel Bolivar wasn't latino. His real name was Dwight Moorshein - Bolivar was a stage name/persona.

Showrunner for The Strain, Carlton Cuse, has said that their decision for kill off Bolivar was a plot twist intended to throw everyone off and have fans guessing as to who The Master will choose as his next vessel. Anyone care to hazard a guess as to who The Master will inhabit next? Chances are it will be someone we're already familiar with. Old man Palmer? Zack? Eichhorst is too good a character to waste as The Master if you ask me.

My guess is Zack

Absolutely.

I was shocked to see the master get whacked and now Quin is gone too, Setrakian should have thrown some silver or a flashbomb on the worm!

Palmer would be ideal as he has no morals and would make a great master (he is probably pissed that he can't be the antichrist lol) hopefully he gets younger though as you can't have a frail, old looking Master.

Unfortunately there won't be another worm vomit transfer of power.

yeah that was pretty gross, not a fan of the whole worm and elephant tongue thing but the storyline makes that easy to ignore.

My guess is Zack

hope not, didn't really like him last yr but I think he is seeing things differently now and hopefully gets reunited with Pops.

I was shocked to see the master get whacked and now Quin is gone too, Setrakian should have thrown some silver or a flashbomb on the worm!

I think everyone watching was shocked to see The Master get decapitated, but since his apparent worm-self slithered away, he's still alive. That would mean that Quinlan is still alive as well, since his existence is tied to The Master's. At least I hope that's the case - aside from Setrakian, he's my favorite of the 'good guys'.

I think everyone watching was shocked to see The Master get decapitated, but since his apparent worm-self slithered away, he's still alive. That would mean that Quinlan is still alive as well, since his existence is tied to The Master's. At least I hope that's the case - aside from Setrakian, he's my favorite of the 'good guys'.

it looked like Quinlin flopped down dead when he beheaded the master

it looked like Quinlin flopped down dead when he beheaded the master

It did look bad for him, I'll grant you that. I found a couple promos that only complicate the question of Quinlan's fate:

In this promo, at the 10 second mark, it looks like Quinlan's body is on an examination table:

https://youtu.be/KuWu89T5WIU

In this one, exactly at the 1:00 mark, you see a strigoi leaping through the air, only to have his throat slashed by what appears to be a perfectly healthy Quinlan. I don't remember this scene from any prior episode, so it looks like he actually survives:

https://youtu.be/wenmEoWKdiI

This is just a hunch based purely on my own opinion, but I don't understand why they would spend so much time on his back story only to kill him off in the same episode.

Then again, I know squat about writing for television. :lol:

It did look bad for him, I'll grant you that. I found a couple promos that only complicate the question of Quinlan's fate:

In this promo, at the 10 second mark, it looks like Quinlan's body is on an examination table:

In this one, exactly at the 1:00 mark, you see a strigoi leaping through the air, only to have his throat slashed by what appears to be a perfectly healthy Quinlan. I don't remember this scene from any prior episode, so it looks like he actually survives:

This is just a hunch based purely on my own opinion, but I don't understand why they would spend so much time on his back story only to kill him off in the same episode.

The worm slithering into the sewer leads me to think The Master isn't dead

I'm wondering if Quinlan's fate is tied to The Master's human host. The longer The Master is without a host the weaker Quinlan becomes but when The Master assumes a new host Quinlan will begin to recover

guess we will find out tonight

First impression - I was terrified that Justine Feraldo was infected when that cop that Eichhorst loaded with C4 blew up. She's become one of my favorite characters.

was scared to death that she got a worm that could not be detected.....and I still am

Recall there was no worm transfer when The Master inhabited Bolivar

Recall Eichorst planting the C4 telling the suicide bomber what a great honor this would be. Maybe the honor was carrying The Master to his new chosen host

Total speculation, but Feraldo = New Master?