The Strain

/dev/null

FX announced today that season 4 will be the final season. Based on where they're at right now in the book story line, that might be rushing it just a bit, but I think they can do it as long as this season wraps up the material from the 2nd book.

Oh, that sucks big time. I had seen a blurb on an untrustworthy web source that it would end after this season, but I figured it was nonsense because nobody else was saying it.

Oh well, at least there's one more season to wrap things up.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a scene in one of the promo videos for this season where they show Palmer lying face-up on the floor - he suddenly sits up, gasping, and there's what looks like bloody tears in his eyes. I posted it earlier in the thread, and I'll repost it if I can find it.

Here it is:

http://youtu.be/wenmEoWKdiI?t=1m6s

:thumbsup:

FX announced today that season 4 will be the final season. Based on where they're at right now in the book story line, that might be rushing it just a bit, but I think they can do it as long as this season wraps up the material from the 2nd book.

Final Season!!!!!!!!! Listen FX we will decide when the show is over, you don't can a good show, when the ratings fall off you do a final season to end everything properly.

(If I was president I would sign into law that all shows must finish every show with a proper ending)

Final Season!!!!!!!!! Listen FX we will decide when the show is over, you don't can a good show, when the ratings fall off you do a final season to end everything properly.

Unfortunately, the ratings so far this year have been pretty poor. I'm not sure why that is and I don't think its a reflection of quality, but regardless, the announcement that its going to get a fourth season and an ending were welcome news to me. I've been expecting it to be cancelled at the end of this season. I might be more disappointed if I hadn't read the books, but based on where they're at in the story, and that they have about 20 episodes left, I think they can give it the proper ending the show and the fans deserve. I was thinking that they did 10 episode seasons like Game of Thrones, but its actually 13. I think we have 8 more this year and 13 next year. That should be enough.

---Actually, now that I've checked, it seems they have changed the episode order for season 3. The previous two were 13 episodes each, this one only 10. Assuming season four is also 10 episodes instead of 13, that cuts six remaining episodes, and so it may force them to rush the ending some.

Edited by Brandon

Unfortunately, the ratings so far this year have been pretty poor. I'm not sure why that is and I don't think its a reflection of quality, but regardless, the announcement that its going to get a fourth season and an ending were welcome news to me. I've been expecting it to be cancelled at the end of this season. I might be more disappointed if I hadn't read the books, but based on where they're at in the story, and that they have about 20 episodes left, I think they can give it the proper ending the show and the fans deserve. I was thinking that they did 10 episode seasons like Game of Thrones, but its actually 13. I think we have 8 more this year and 13 next year. That should be enough.

---Actually, now that I've checked, it seems they have changed the episode order for season 3. The previous two were 13 episodes each, this one only 10. Assuming season four is also 10 episodes instead of 13, that cuts six remaining episodes, and so it may force them to rush the ending some.

they should have advertised more on other channels I don't remember seeing any.

Guess we'll find out if Strigoi can regrow limbs or if Eichorst will become Commandant Hook

Yeah, serious hubris on Eichhorst's part. The guy can move so fast that it's hard to hit him with bullets, but Dutch waylays him and hacks off his hand. Score!

It's starting to look like they're grooming Zach to be the new vessel for the Master after all.

Boo!

wonder if Palmer fades out?

Guess we'll find out if Strigoi can regrow limbs or if Eichorst will become Commandant Hook

pretty sure he can, seemed like he got maimed before and healed but not sure.

Friggin munchers, just when you think we get the upperhand they over run the park :angry:

Has Palmer been "reborn"

I have a feeling that Palmer will die horribly pretty soon. As soon as Eichhorst sees him in a revitalized condition, he's going to know Palmer's been up to something and will likely figure out that he's trying to strike a deal with Setrakian. The plan was probably for Palmer to just waste away, since Eichhorst is now forging Palmer's signature and effectively running the company - a healthy Palmer simply will not do.

I enjoyed that scene outside the safe zone where Quinlan understood humanity better than Eph & Dutch

Has Palmer been "reborn"

being one dose this is temporary. Love how that Hypocrite says that without him none of this would be possible. None of this would have happened if You don't help the master.

Don't know who I hate more, Palmer or Eichorst

I have a feeling that Palmer will die horribly pretty soon. As soon as Eichhorst sees him in a revitalized condition, he's going to know Palmer's been up to something and will likely figure out that he's trying to strike a deal with Setrakian. The plan was probably for Palmer to just waste away, since Eichhorst is now forging Palmer's signature and effectively running the company - a healthy Palmer simply will not do.

I hope Palmer takes out Eichorst and then Satrakian takes out Palmer and the master and Fet takes out Quin and Eph gets the other masters with some bioweapon.

I hope Palmer takes out Eichorst and then Satrakian takes out Palmer and the master and Fet takes out Quin and Eph gets the other masters with some bioweapon.

I doubt Palmer will ever be capable of killing Eichhorst, new security team notwithstanding. I doubt Setrakian would kill Palmer when he can just let him suffer - no amount of pleading will change Setrakian's view (correctly so) that Palmer is the cause of the whole mess they're in. No need to kill Quinlan - he's sworn to kill the Master, and will die himself upon succeeding.

The other ancients, as are the three we've already seen, are probably well isolated and beyond the reach of any but the most virulent disease Eph could possibly concoct, but that's pure speculation on my part.

I doubt Palmer will ever be capable of killing Eichhorst, new security team notwithstanding. I doubt Setrakian would kill Palmer when he can just let him suffer - no amount of pleading will change Setrakian's view (correctly so) that Palmer is the cause of the whole mess they're in. No need to kill Quinlan - he's sworn to kill the Master, and will die himself upon succeeding.

The other ancients, as are the three we've already seen, are probably well isolated and beyond the reach of any but the most virulent disease Eph could possibly concoct, but that's pure speculation on my part.

I said hope :D

I said hope :D

I hope he doesn't

Palmer lived his entire life in control and domination of everyone around him. Now he is left helpless and dependent upon the good graces of those he serves (The Masters white or Setrakians formula).

When neither have any use for him they should simply turn their backs on him. Leaving him helpless to wither away and die.

I hope he doesn't

Palmer lived his entire life in control and domination of everyone around him. Now he is left helpless and dependent upon the good graces of those he serves (The Masters white or Setrakians formula).

When neither have any use for him they should simply turn their backs on him. Leaving him helpless to wither away and die.

nah. a nice head lopping with the cane would be quite pleasing.

I hope he doesn't

:thumbsup: