The Strain

/dev/null

First impression - I was terrified that Justine Feraldo was infected when that cop that Eichhorst loaded with C4 blew up. She's become one of my favorite characters.

Thought it was dumb that they just let the worm crawl down her head into her eye, um grab that thing and burn it. doesn't look like she will be infected but has snazzy new worm scar lol. Hopefully it doesn't regenerate.

Recall there was no worm transfer when The Master inhabited Bolivar

Recall Eichorst planting the C4 telling the suicide bomber what a great honor this would be. Maybe the honor was carrying The Master to his new chosen host

Total speculation, but Feraldo = New Master?

I think the red worm is lurking.

Why doesn't Quin kill the old blood suckers, they are so annoying, would to see old man Setrakian take those moldy trolls out.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the red worm is lurking.

Remember the old blood suckers telling Quinlan and Setrakian this weakness is only temporary until The Master finds a new host. Then at the end The Master takes control of a muncher and talks to Eph, which leads me to think he has found a new host

Remember the old blood suckers telling Quinlan and Setrakian this weakness is only temporary until The Master finds a new host. Then at the end The Master takes control of a muncher and talks to Eph, which leads me to think he has found a new host

That's an interesting point that brings up what appears to be an inconsistency - you would think that The Master has taken a new host if he can project himself well enough to communicate through a random strigoi like he did with Eph, but at the same time the hordes of strigoi in the city are still wandering aimlessly, which would indicate that he hasn't yet taken a host.

Hmmmmmmmm........

This season has been great so far. Episode 2 felt like a finale which was unexpectedly awesome. There was no way they would kill the Master off, so the worm crawling out was to be expected, but it was still nice to see. So long Bolivar!

As to who the next Master will be, that will be fun to wonder about. Whoever suggested Zach upthread could be right. IMO, it gives the show more avenues to travel down. Instead of repeatedly have close calls of killing the Master, they can have the new mission of saving the host while destroying the worm. It presents new and different obstacles. It will also continue the conflict with the 'just kill em' crew.

That's an interesting point that brings up what appears to be an inconsistency - you would think that The Master has taken a new host if he can project himself well enough to communicate through a random strigoi like he did with Eph, but at the same time the hordes of strigoi in the city are still wandering aimlessly, which would indicate that he hasn't yet taken a host.

Hmmmmmmmm........

Or he has taken a host but is in a weakened state

true but there was nothing to indicate that Feraldo got the red worm.

Hmmmmmmmm........

maybe the worm can summon its powers briefly and still control a muncher but not enough for full control like when he is in possession.

maybe the worm can summon its powers briefly and still control a muncher but not enough for full control like when he is in possession.

That's pretty much what I suspect as being the case, but I'm learning that it's easy to be wrong when making predictions with this show.

i was eating a chicken parm TV dinner yesterday and one of the spaghetti noodles was curled up in marina sauce on the chicken patty. When I first looked at it, I thought it was a Strigoi :lol:

Google you some pictures of heartworms in dogs.

That's exactly what they look like without the milk.

a new alliance?

with a friend like him, who needs an enemy?

When you think about it, Setrakian holds all the cards in this deal. He can withhold the serum as he wishes, and Palmer's on even thinner ice with Eichhorst as it is. He didn't even know that Bolivar had been slain, so if he's smart he'll realize that he's on the outs with the strigoi and nearing the end of his usefulness. Unfortunately for him, I think his usefulness has neared its end with both sides. I doubt he'll survive the season.

When you think about it, Setrakian holds all the cards in this deal. He can withhold the serum as he wishes, and Palmer's on even thinner ice with Eichhorst as it is. He didn't even know that Bolivar had been slain, so if he's smart he'll realize that he's on the outs with the strigoi and nearing the end of his usefulness. Unfortunately for him, I think his usefulness has neared its end with both sides. I doubt he'll survive the season.

as long as Setrakian gets the honors of ending his miserable life all will be well.

as long as Setrakian gets the honors of ending his miserable life all will be well.

I hope Palmer dies a natural death. An agonizing painful natural death. Begging and pleading with Eichorst for the Master's white or with Setrakian for another dose of his formula.

But both turn their backs on the pathetic wretch and let him wither out his days in agony

I hope Palmer dies a natural death. An agonizing painful natural death. Begging and pleading with Eichorst for the Master's white or with Setrakian for another dose of his formula.

But both turn their backs on the pathetic wretch and let him wither out his days in agony

I've read a summary of the trilogy of novels, and according to what I read, they've veered pretty far afield in the television version. According to the books, Bolivar/Master rips Palmer into pieces once his usefulness has past. This obviously won't happen now, so I'm expecting them to come up with a fresh round of treachery from Palmer - at least one more time. As I mentioned above, I don't see him making it past the end of this season.

Unless he somehow becomes the recipient of the crimson worm, which I seriously doubt will happen.

I've read a summary of the trilogy of novels, and according to what I read, they've veered pretty far afield in the television version. According to the books, Bolivar/Master rips Palmer into pieces once his usefulness has past. This obviously won't happen now, so I'm expecting them to come up with a fresh round of treachery from Palmer - at least one more time. As I mentioned above, I don't see him making it past the end of this season.

Unless he somehow becomes the recipient of the crimson worm, which I seriously doubt will happen.

would make the perfect master though, who else could we hate more :devil:

would make the perfect master though, who else could we hate more :devil:

There is a scene in one of the promo videos for this season where they show Palmer lying face-up on the floor - he suddenly sits up, gasping, and there's what looks like bloody tears in his eyes. I posted it earlier in the thread, and I'll repost it if I can find it.

Here it is:

http://youtu.be/wenmEoWKdiI?t=1m6s

Edited by Azalin