Throw to CJ

gjv001

It surprises me that the Bills don't have CJ going out for passes. I doubt there are many LB's or Safeties that match up well against CJ in pass coverage.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. It's in the playbook and it's coming.

GO BILLS!!!

I agree with this. He is super talented, but he is next to worthless up the middle-- I never see him push the pile, or muscle through like Fred. He's just not that kind of RB, which is fine. And often, when he goes wide, the opposing D will chase him out before he makes it a yard past LOS. If he gets some initial penetration to the outside, or a quick pass to the outside, he is deadly.

A couple-three times in the past two weeks, the Bills had a nice flair toss (not exactly a screen) to Fred. And Fred had a lot of space, with one man the beat---and got tackled by that man. Not bashing Fredex here in any way. Guy is a warrior with no quit. And, as has been pointed out, he tends to get the 2-3 extra yards on runs up the middle. but that flair pass seems perfectly suited to Spiller, IMO. With one guy to beat, in the open field, i like CJs chances. Hopefully we'll see that go for some big yardage soon.

GO BILLS!!!

Agreed K-9 !. We are finally seeing some interesting and kinda fun playcalling.

Nate's little book is bigger than the O line is ready for yet.

A couple-three times in the past two weeks, the Bills had a nice flair toss (not exactly a screen) to Fred. And Fred had a lot of space, with one man the beat---and got tackled by that man. Not bashing Fredex here in any way. Guy is a warrior with no quit. And, as has been pointed out, he tends to get the 2-3 extra yards on runs up the middle. but that flair pass seems perfectly suited to Spiller, IMO. With one guy to beat, in the open field, i like CJs chances. Hopefully we'll see that go for some big yardage soon.

Sir i think you are seeing the big picture. Fred has the smarts and the steady hands . When the Offense is rolling out some plays on a team , the coaches are looking at the reaction from the defense and trying to find a weakness .

I have expected that the Offense Coaches are playing smart while developing this young ( together in this configuration ) O line to execute basics first .

But CJ put on a show and Fred did not look to awful ! Right now i think Marrone is making good use of his backs in the game plan. Notice Boobie's snaps yesterday. its about the opponent .

We bitched and rightly so about CJs use last year.

I bet we dont nearly as much as this season rolls. Heck anyone still unhappy he's returning ?

Edited by 3rdand12

Agreed K-9 !. We are finally seeing some interesting and kinda fun playcalling.

Nate's little book is bigger than the O line is ready for yet.

Our red zone woes notwithstanding, I'm ok with Hackett's approach so far. He's shown two very disparate game plans and is doing some things off of run-action blocking that is confusing people. And even though everyone and his mother knows the runs up the middle are coming, I see why he's committed to it. It is setting up a ton of other stuff that DC's are going to have a hard time keying any tendencies on. Of course, when you have the speed we have, it makes things easier.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

More screens and dumps to CJ,less to Fred. Fred is slow as a snail on the edges

As a snail ? You sure :flirt:

Our red zone woes notwithstanding, I'm ok with Hackett's approach so far. He's shown two very disparate game plans and is doing some things off of run-action blocking that is confusing people. And even though everyone and his mother knows the runs up the middle are coming, I see why he's committed to it. It is setting up a ton of other stuff that DC's are going to have a hard time keying any tendencies on. Of course, when you have the speed we have, it makes things easier.

GO BILLS!!!

Lot of possibilties the current staff of players with Hacketts Offense.

No wonder he appears giddy half the time .

Btw the way if the O line could develop the push and drive down in the zone , I think we have two big strong punishing runners to pound it.

And Frank can catch .

Red zone is Marrones pet peeve i can imagine . They will get it dialed up

Edited by 3rdand12

More screens and dumps to CJ,less to Fred. Fred is slow as a snail on the edges

Who was the idiot that posted Fred's runs were "boring". That guy was a moron! Who cares if a play is exciting? I'm happy with it being effective! Hell, fumbles can be exciting.

Fred is a solid and skilled back, who is best working inside. But he does have good hands and, overlooked by some, he is a very effective and willing pass blocker. These are things you look for in a veteran back.

Fred is actually pretty decent on the screen,. But I agree CJ is more dynamic in the open field. I hope to see us use them more effectively as the season progresses.

GO BILLS!!!

I really wonder if these coaches are more like chess players than checkers players... Refusing to put certain things on tape until they desperately need to use it.... Hard to assume that these coaches are so stupid and can't see what many posters here can... They knew EJ sucked and brought in Orton, after all, lol

I really wonder if these coaches are more like chess players than checkers players... Refusing to put certain things on tape until they desperately need to use it.... Hard to assume that these coaches are so stupid and can't see what many posters here can... They knew EJ sucked and brought in Orton, after all, lol

Chess. and then some.

My son and i were talking about that again yesterday. Looking at the games from as a potential coach trying to outsmart the enemy is interesting as heck.

If the Coach ( Marrone ) isa pretty sharp fellow with a more than half smart guys working for him , he is and he does , makes for some interesting football .

Looking forward to playing the Patriots this year . Well both times and potentially 3 ?

Exactly as he is slow. Good heart and head, but he can't match CJ's speed even close.

Maybe even Fred could beat him around the corner ?

Ive actually yelled at the tv several times when I see these types of passes to Fred. Why are they not giving these types of passes to CJ? That's tailor made for his skill set.

i think it will definitely come. the bills are sandbagging big time right now. i think they are using only as much as they have to right now because they want to catch some teams off guard later. their plan is to get to the playoffs and i believe they feel the best way to get there is to always have a little something up their sleeve.

i think it will definitely come. the bills are sandbagging big time right now. i think they are using only as much as they have to right now because they want to catch some teams off guard later. their plan is to get to the playoffs and i believe they feel the best way to get there is to always have a little something up their sleeve.

Too bad the Chargers are thinking the same thing.

but I agree the Bills are just playing week to week and team to team. No need to show off , ala Bellicheatskate

Too bad the Chargers are thinking the same thing.

but I agree the Bills are just playing week to week and team to team. No need to show off , ala Bellicheatskate

i am really looking forward to this game. i think the players are going to be motivated and eager to show what they can do. i think that the team wants to make a statement and show the world that they are for real. and i think that the fans are ready to billieve and will be amazing once again, resurrecting the old standard that buffalo is going to be one of the hardest places to come and play!

i am really looking forward to this game. i think the players are going to be motivated and eager to show what they can do. i think that the team wants to make a statement and show the world that they are for real. and i think that the fans are ready to billieve and will be amazing once again, resurrecting the old standard that buffalo is going to be one of the hardest places to come and play!

Without question Bills fans were incredible last week . I only watched on TV but that was something to see and hear. Off the scale .

lets hope both the team and the Fans bring 110 percent again. Bills won because of effort and heart. again.

thats two down.

Lets make it three, and counting !

Ive actually yelled at the tv several times when I see these types of passes to Fred. Why are they not giving these types of passes to CJ? That's tailor made for his skill set.

I think is often used as EJ's check-down option. And, I think he's better suited to that function than Spiller.