CBS broadcasts Bills game in low definition yesterday

mrwilson60

For the second week in a row the 1:00 game on CBS was broadcast in s..tty low def by Time Warner in Central New York. It was so bad that I stopped flipping to Fox during breaks in the Bills game because it was painful to switch back. Pretty poor treatment by Time Warner, CBS, or the NFL on the culmination of one of the greatest weeks in Bills history. Anyone else deal with this?

God Bless You MR. Wilson

The sun is shining beautifully on western and central New York on another Monday

Thank You for our team

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the second week in a row the 1:00 game on CBS was broadcast in s..tty low def by Time Warner in Central New York. It was so bad that I stopped flipping to Fox during breaks in the Bills game because it was painful to switch back. Pretty poor treatment by Time Warner, CBS, or the NFL on the culmination of one of the greatest weeks in Bills history. Anyone else deal with this?

God Bless You MR. Wilson

The sun is shining beautifully on western and central New York on another Monday

Thank You for our team

It's time to give TWC a call if you haven't already. Sunday Ticket was in HD for me as well.

HD over the air here in the West Palm Beach, FL area. I only get to see the Bills twice a year in my home since I told Comcast what they could do with their crappy over-priced product. BTW true HD can only be viewed over the air. Both satellite and cable compress the signal, with noticeable loss of quality.

On another note, no one in the local Walmart was pleased to see me in my Bills shirt!

I live in a suburb or Syracuse and I had the same issue yesterday and last Sunday.

I have a second TV going for the other game usually and having to see the difference between the giants on fox and the bills on cbs was torture.

I got onto TW's help twitter account and found some other people in the Syracuse area with the same issue so somehow TW is messing up the CBS feed when they pipe it out to their customers because everyone else I know around here using Fios or Dish had no issues.

CBS had HD cameras on the field. I made sure I checked them. Maybe you are not tuning to the HD feed? There are no networks using SD cameras. This is user error. As in, you are the user and you have failed to tune or set your equipment to HD

I live in a suburb or Syracuse and I had the same issue yesterday and last Sunday.

I have a second TV going for the other game usually and having to see the difference between the giants on fox and the bills on cbs was torture.

I got onto TW's help twitter account and found some other people in the Syracuse area with the same issue so somehow TW is messing up the CBS feed when they pipe it out to their customers because everyone else I know around here using Fios or Dish had no issues.

There were nothing but HD cameras on the field yesterday. If you don't have HD check your device settings, channel is HD or sd, CBS only sent HD to the satellites.

I called Time Warner just as the BILLS kicked off yesterday as I noticed it last week too, but obviously the game was on Fox so it didn't matter much to me. TWC told me the same thing, and I got a woman in Buffalo who said they had a message on their "white board" and read it to me, essentially saying the same thing....called them again this morning to see if it will get resolved by Sunday and they said CBS and TWC technicians are working on it, apparently it is limited to the Syracuse market which also includes the Utica / Rome area....wasn't happy, but just reminded me of watching those old BILLS games before High Def...woman on the phone was very nice and understood my frustration as she was a BILLS fan too...knew much of the history and what was transpiring with the team...nice woman but hope CBS / TWC get their sh*t together before next week!

CBS had HD cameras on the field. I made sure I checked them. Maybe you are not tuning to the HD feed? There are no networks using SD cameras. This is user error. As in, you are the user and you have failed to tune or set your equipment to HD

There were nothing but HD cameras on the field yesterday. If you don't have HD check your device settings, channel is HD or sd, CBS only sent HD to the satellites.

Definitely not. Checked CBS on all three TVs with the same result and CBS was the only channel where HD wasn't working.

Plus once the Jets game started at 4:25 the HD was working without touching anything not to mention the multiple complaints on TW's help twitter feed from people in the Syracuse issue having the same problem.

Making absolute statements like that when you don't have all the facts is kind of amateur hour when problem solving.