If you were the Bills would you trade for Eli Manning

17 Josh Allen

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is amazing and makes a lot of people look really stupid.

Eli had a bad year last year, no question, but the guys a two time winning Superbowl QB in the prime of his career. EJ is a complete question mark who looks iffy at best in his 13 career starts in the NFL.

Why the !@#$ wouldn't you make this trade?

And I whole heartily agree with your post, however, I think most teams would be a playoff team with a quarterback like Eli Manning. He looks bad occasionally, but he is a damn good QB when its all said and done.

I'm also amazed why wanting Eli (or any proven franchise QB) is a slam on EJ ?

When EJ was drafted, he was called by many scouts and draft pundits a PROJECT. We are wasting the talent on this roster while he develops on the field. EJ and this team would be best served with him watching and learning, like other successful QB's have done in the past.

EJ is not ready to be a playoff QB.

tempCM6_9510--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG

Hmmmm....let's see.

One great throw out of what... Maybe 20 or 30 attempts?

I saw Thad make some pretty good throws occasionally last year. Definitely big time, no question.

Common sense suggests an outlier, or maybe just a fluke.

Eli made consecutive multiple big time throws last night.

That's what you won't get with EJ.

Hmmmm....let's see.

One great throw out of what... Maybe 20 or 30 attempts?

I saw Thad make some pretty good throws occasionally last year. Definitely big time, no question.

Common sense suggests an outlier, or maybe just a fluke.

Eli made consecutive multiple big time throws last night.

That's what you won't get with EJ.

Your words were NEVER. I'm just pointing out the how extreme some of the commentary is with regard to EJ as if every pass he throws is off target and that's simply a gross exaggeration. We all know he struggles with ball placement on some throws, but the overstatement of the issue has to be tempered with some truth.

Your words were NEVER. I'm just pointing out the how extreme some of the commentary is with regard to EJ as if every pass he throws is off target and that's simply a gross exaggeration. We all know he struggles with ball placement on some throws, but the overstatement of the issue has to be tempered with some truth.

My words were "a bunch of throws".

My words were "a bunch of throws".

Well he most certainly has made a "bunch of throws" within games that have been executed with timing, anticipation, and accuracy. I know, it doesn't fit the anti-EJ narrative. But carry on if that does it for you.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I would in a heart beat. Manning is learning a new offense. Has thrown for over 4,000 numerous times in his career and it a 2 time Superbowl champ. Is funny that people are mocking this topic, but if the poster asked if they would trade EJ for Brady straight up then most people would do that in a heat beat.

As much as I currently support E.J Manual I would not pass up a chance to get Eli. He just passed Jim Kelly for career touchdowns thrown and Eli is only 33 years old and also in his 11th year which is the same amount of time Jim Kelly played for the Bills. Plus he is durable with him owning the 3rd longest consecutive starts by a QB currently at 154 and counting.

And yes if it took Cj Spiller who is in the last year of his contract who I love as player and person to pull it off then so be it.

Will all this being said that the chance of this trade happening is less than me hitting the lottery.

At this point I would trade EJ Manuel for Ryan Nassib straight up!

OMG.

We all know that the Giants are in a rebuilding mode and there really short of offensive talent

out side of Victor Cruz. If you were the Bills GM

would you make this trade so the Bills could make a run at the Super Bowl this year.

Bills would trade C.J Spiller and E.J. Manuel

for Manning. Bryce Brown and Fred Jackson

could handle the running back duties. The Giants would now have the dynamic running back they crave and a decent young QB to build around. The Bills would now have a 2 time Super Bowl gun slinging champion who knows how to get it done. I sort of like this trade a lot. I was wondering what everyone else thought.

I would in a heart beat. Manning is learning a new offense. Has thrown for over 4,000 numerous times in his career and it a 2 time Superbowl champ. Is funny that people are mocking this topic, but if the poster asked if they would trade EJ for Brady straight up then most people would do that in a heat beat.

As much as I currently support E.J Manual I would not pass up a chance to get Eli. He just passed Jim Kelly for career touchdowns thrown and Eli is only 33 years old and also in his 11th year which is the same amount of time Jim Kelly played for the Bills. Plus he is durable with him owning the 3rd longest consecutive starts by a QB currently at 154 and counting.

And yes if it took Cj Spiller who is in the last year of his contract who I love as player and person to pull it off then so be it.

Will all this being said that the chance of this trade happening is less than me hitting the lottery.

At this point I would trade EJ Manuel for Ryan Nassib straight up!

Eli is a top shelf QB, definitely franchise and possibly elite when all the dust settles from his career.

The initial responses to the OP just reinforced my impression that some folks are just flat out delusional.