To all of the EJ bashers

DirtDart

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly gave up on EJ last year...

I think the Dougs can sustain another bad EJ performance but not two more in a row...that'll be time to close the curtain.

And by the way, that Fitz guy who sucked so bad that we had to get rid of him..he has 12 less attempts, 21 more yards, and 1 more TD. Not Herculean, but still more...

I honestly gave up on EJ last year...

I think the Dougs can sustain another bad EJ performance but not two more in a row...that'll be time to close the curtain.

And by the way, that Fitz guy who sucked so bad that we had to get rid of him..he has 12 less attempts, 21 more yards, and 1 more TD. Not Herculean, but still more...

Three picks yesterday against a horrible NYG team.

If you didn't see the numerous plays with Bills receivers running wide open down the field that EJ missed yesterday, we're definitely watching different games.

Feel free to show me where I said that those things didn't happen, otherwise that assertion is both misdirected and useless.

If you know me at all, I'm nothing but analytical with regard to players (especially QBs). In a few threads I've discussed the many missed opportunities in the passing game.

What I'm refuting is the supposed "fact" that Austin Davis and his 1 decent game against the worst defense in the history of football (and no, if you look at the numbers that's not hyperbole) are somehow outplaying EJ.

You are waaaaaaay too enamored with EJ to be objective.

There's some pretty good irony in that statement right there.

I've noticed that there are more people that are too pessimistic about EJ to be objective than the type you're condemning here. Myself on the other hand, I tend to simply base his performance off of what actually happens on the field.

He's had 2 solid games and 1 stinker...what else is there to say at this point?

Oh, I've thought of one thing: EJ's two worst games last year were @PIT and @TB...he followed those with efficient, solid games in wins vs. NYJ and @Jax (save for a disastrous 1st Q in that game from which he rebounded quite well). Why don't we see if he can continue that trend?

How so? He played one decent game that resulted in a loss.

The previous week he threw for 230 yards and zero TDs against one of the 3 worst teams in football.

In limited duty in week 1, he threw for 190 yards with zero TDs and an interception in a loss to Matt Cassel and the 1-2 Vikings.

Meanwhile, EJ has played 2 solid games (one on the road against a team that beat SF on the road at night, and one at home against a divisional opponent) and 1 stinker (against a team that beat the Superbowl champs the previous week).

So remind me how he's playing better than EJ? Must be the 1 decent game he played against a defense that was among the worst all-time units in the history of professional football last year.

Hyperbole can be fun, but sensible points are much more suitable for discussion IMO.

He has more yds than EJ. He has more yds per attempt. He has less experience. He is outperforming EJ and he shouldn't be. EJ is a 1st round pick, Davis is a UDFA... And as for the first game, he was a back up who had to come in on almost no reps during the week... He's impressing and EJ isn't,

Three picks yesterday against a horrible NYG team.

Ive seen the Giants stumble out of the gate and win the super bowl. I don't know they're a bad team.

He has more yds than EJ. He has more yds per attempt. He has less experience. He is outperforming EJ and he shouldn't be. EJ is a 1st round pick, Davis is a UDFA... And as for the first game, he was a back up who had to come in on almost no reps during the week... He's impressing and EJ isn't,

What's the Rams' W-L record this season?

If you didn't see the numerous plays with Bills receivers running wide open down the field that EJ missed yesterday, we're definitely watching different games.

I watched the game wanting a win but expected a loss. I was calm, I bitched once or twice about flags, but since I didn't expect MIRACLES, I was satisfied with the outcome.

SD is not a craphole team. Once you accept that your bitter pill will seem sweeter.

What's the Rams' W-L record this season?

what are the records of

Denver, Indy, New Orleans, SF 49ers, and GB Packers????

Ive seen the Giants stumble out of the gate and win the super bowl. I don't know they're a bad team.

Yeah, they're bad in 2014. Don't care about previous years. FitzPickSix sucks regardless of any year.

Riddle me this...

EJ Manuel has 12 plays of over 20 yards tying him for 4th in the League but he's at the bottom when it comes to yards per attempt... How? Why? The only answer I can come up with is check downs and being inaccurate. My eyes tell me that and I think those stats do as well.

Riddle me this...

EJ Manuel has 12 plays of over 20 yards tying him for 4th in the League but he's at the bottom when it comes to yards per attempt... How? Why? The only answer I can come up with is check downs and being inaccurate. My eyes tell me that and I think those stats do as well.

2-1

I see...so not only are we going to ignore wins and losses, we're going to place more emphasis on week 3 than on anything else that's happened? That's very, very convenient.

Davis has 3 TDs on the season (all of which came against an all-time bad D) and 3 turnovers and a 1-1 record as a starter (sure, let's throw out week 1 since apparently we cannot expect him to come in prepared like any other NFL player). The Rams have played Minnesota, Tampa Bay, and Dallas (not a top-15 pass D among them).

EJ has 5 TDs on the season and 1 turnover with a 2-1 record as a starter. Buffalo has played Chicago and Miami (both of whom have top 10 passing defenses by the way--but I'm sure you already knew that based on your rigorous evaluation of the 2 QBs that lead you to your logical conclusion), and San Diego.

Seriously?

I thought the Bills lost this game on many levels before we get to EJ.

The offensive line couldn't get any push and could not pass protect in the 2nd half.

The receivers could not get separation throughout the game. Flowers blanketed Woods. Verrett ran with Goodwin and Sammy well. Weddell is a great safety back there too.

The Chargers wide receivers dominated the Bills DBs.

The Bills D-Line was neutralized for most of the game by the Chargers O-Line playing well together.

The coaches were outcoached, that was clear from the first snaps.

EJ made some athletic plays to keep plays alive that only a handfull of QBs anywhere can make. Everytime he stepped up and made a play downfield, a flag flied. To compare him to Rivers is unfair for a couple of reasons. Rivers is playing the best football of his 12 year career. His offense has been together for years and it's a perfect setup for him. Rivers team outplayed the Bills at all levels and made his job easier. EJ just made his 13th start and a lot of players around him are still figuring things out like him. Like most young QBs who've been successful in the NFL, he needs a running game to help him succeed at this point. They rushed for 81 yds.

Did anyone watch Russell Wilson last week against the Chargers? Didn't he try to lead a comeback win but was stopped on his own 5 yard line on 4th and 11 by this Chargers team???

Stop the ragging on EJ and give the kid his chance. Go Bills!

Riddle me this... EJ Manuel has 12 plays of over 20 yards tying him for 4th in the League but he's at the bottom when it comes to yards per attempt... How? Why? The only answer I can come up with is check downs and being inaccurate. My eyes tell me that and I think those stats do as well.

Because critical analysis is failing you. He's 18th among qualified QBs:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/yardsPerPassAttempt

Less than a quarter-of-a-yard behind Peyton Manning and ahead of Aaron Rodgers, Jay Cutler, and Tom Brady.

This is turning comical the more that folks try to prove with statistics.

Expecting more than 2,33 YPA to wideouts on 21 attempts is hardly expecting a miracle.

Absolutely...he was NOT good yesterday by any measure. I don't think anyone disagrees with that.

Let's give the kid a chance to rebound as he did last year.

Points valid... But could you argue the Bills would be 2-1 if Davis were our starting QB? I think so.

I'm not on board with a lot of your subsequent points after the point about how 2 guys with the same completion % can be totally different players. Just sayin'... I didn't know we'd soon be comparing EJ to Fitz... You're still right about the original point though! Lol