Dolphins at Bills Postgame

26CornerBlitz

well, by rule if the ball hits the pylon it is out of bounds BEHIND the goalline and therefore a TD. and just like ground, a pylon can NOT force a fumble........ ;)

Correct, that was my point :D

What was the point?

EJ had a very average day and we won. That's what we need him to do, manage the game, minimize mistakes, and take shots when they're there. Red zone offense still needs a lot of work.

I think he played a very good game

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Week 2: Miami Dolphins vs. Buffalo Bills highlights <3:30>

Buffalo Bills running back C.J. Spiller and rookie wide receiver Sammy Watkins helped lead their team to a 29-10 victory over the Miami Dolphins.

An emotional day at Ralph Wilson Stadium <2:04>

From the pregame ceremony, to the Bills Alumni in attendance, and the Bills season opener, it made for an emotional day for fans at Ralph Wilson Stadium.

EJ Manuel: "A good overall team victory" <3:02>

Bills QB EJ Manuel talks about Bills win over the Dolphins including the breakout game from Sammy Watkins, C.J. Spiller's kickoff return for a TD, and the emotion inside Ralph Wilson Stadium.

Doug Marrone Postgame Press Conference <7:59>

The Bills head coach talks about the 29-10 win over the Dolphins on Sunday afternoon.

C.J. Spiller: "You see it, you go full speed" <4:04>

Bills running back C.J. Spiller talks about his 102-yard kickoff return for a touchdown, the offense responding at key moments, and the excitement of the crowd during Sunday's game against the Dolphins

Kyle Williams: "An Emotional Day, A Great Day" <2:39>

The Bills defensive tackle talks about the 29-10 win over the Dolphins.

Nigel Bradham: "Something released inside of me" <1:30>

Nigel Bradham talks about his return to the field vs. the Dolphins, being amped up for the game, and how the defense is playing at a high level.

Sammy Watkins: "First TD in the Ralph was Amazing" <4:19>

The Bills wide receiver talks about the win over the Dolphins, his first NFL touchdown, and EJ Manuel stepping up as a leader.

Russ Brandon: "Best week of my 18-year career" <1:47>

Russ Brandon discusses the latest ownership news, the continued partnership to keep the Bills in Western New York, and the feeling around the team after Sunday's win over the Dolphins.

Photos from Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. Tribute Ceremony

Shortly before kickoff at the first home game in Bills history without Ralph C. Wilson, Jr., the founding owner was celebrated in a tribute that included the unveiling of his name in gold on the Wall of Fame.

Congrats on a well deserved win. I come to admit I was wrong in thinking the Dolphins had a shot in this one. Right when I thought things might be swinging our way, Spiller spoils the fun and kills all momentum.

On a side note I think it's time for us to seriously re-evaluate our QB position.

Looks like you've got a good Chargers squad coming to town next week. They are going to have their hands full it seems.

You're a classy dude, and you made some great contributions to this board this week.

So I feel bad about what I'm about to say, but I feel like I may be doing you a favor by being 100% honest with you, so I'll just spit it out:

Ryan Tannehill will never win you guys a Super Bowl. He's a decent player, sometimes better than decent. But he is inherently limited and I'm afraid we've seen his ceiling. He just seems to come up short when it matters.

Who knows, the same may ultimately become true about EJ, we just don't know yet. But your QB, I think the verdict is in. He doesn't have it.

@26CornerBlitz

Thanks for all of the links and pics!

You're welcome. Enjoy and Go Bills!!!

@RussBrandon

I’ve seen this stadium rock a lot of times but I’ve never felt it like that today, it was awesome. Thank you 12th man! Go #Bills!

@JonahJavad

What. A. Day. #Bills https://vine.co/v/OaTjabPTv0M

Was Spikes on the field much? I feel like I didn't see him much... hurt? Scheme?

Watching Kyle Williams talk about football makes me think he's gonna coach when he's done playing.

on Spikes, I was reading that it was because the fish had to pass so much, spikes is not in those packages

Understood but I didn't think he had the ball when it touched the pylon. That's all. I thought we caught a break. It seemed a quick review on such a close play.

He bobbled the ball, regained control, then reached down and touched the pylon with ball in his hand a split second before it came out. Once it touches the pylon its a TD and anything that happens after is irrelevant

Edited by matter2003

It was a great game, with lots of things to cheer for. I've gotta say I've always been a fan of a strong defense, and seeing the ferocity those guys played with today was awesome. My favorite part of the game: Tannehill gets sacked THREE PLAYS IN A ROW. Makes it 4th and 36, all due to sacks! I honestly can't ever recall seeing us do that before. These guys seem to feed off each other - Looking forward to more!!!

He bobbled the ball, regained control, then reached down and touched the pylon with ball in his hand a split second before it came out. Once it touches the pylon its a TD and anything that happens after is irrelevant

I'm willing to stick to that version, though a Miami fan might disagree. Regardless, there were a thousand little things that could have changed the game and it is what it is.... And it's a WIN!

Joe Philbin Recaps Dolphins-Bills Game: http://www.miamidolp...54-4503f6d0cfb0

Dolphins Head Coach Joe Philbin discussed the team’s inabilities to get the offense going during the first half in Sunday’s loss versus the Buffalo Bills. Philbin reflected on the play of the special teams units and the difficulties of containing C.J. Spiller.