Bills Game in NYC

Anyone know of a Bills or sports bar in midtown Manhatton area (I'll be on W. 58th St.) that will be carrying the game Sunday?

Thanks.

You have to go to McFadden's, it's in midtown (E. 42nd or so, I believe) and is the official NYC Bills Backers bar

If you like a bar packed with loud, rowdy Bills fans, it's hard to beat McFadden's. Doesn't the bar next door to McFadden's also show the Bills game?

Yes. Calico Jack's is next to McFaddens and is packed with Bills fans also. We were in NYC last week for the opener and planned to watch in McFaddens. We arrived at 11:30am and it was already to capacity so we went next door and got the last table. Had a ball with fellow Bills fans and, needless to say, both places went nuts when Freddie stiff armed that d-bag into oblivion. We met a lot of very nice folks. Highly recommend.

Yes. Calico Jack's is next to McFaddens and is packed with Bills fans also. We were in NYC last week for the opener and planned to watch in McFaddens. We arrived at 11:30am and it was already to capacity so we went next door and got the last table. Had a ball with fellow Bills fans and, needless to say, both places went nuts when Freddie stiff armed that d-bag into oblivion. We met a lot of very nice folks. Highly recommend.

A few years back, I was in NYC on a football Sunday and wandered down to McFadden's just past noon. I had a drink in McFadden's but decided I couldn't take that atmosphere the entire game--I wasn't feeling great. (Turns out I was just getting the H1Ni flu). Calico Jacks was also packed. So I found a bar next door to that (maybe two-three doors away.) It was basically dead. Bills game on. Cool bartender. Had the place to myself for awhile and then Bills fans started to trickle in and the place ended up having a pretty good crowd without all the unnecessary blaring music during commercial, incessant announcements, etc.

McFadden's is a big party atmosphere, and I get the appeal for some. Hey, they do a hell of a job for their customers, that's for sure. There are times I might be able to enjoy it and cope with the bad blaring music. But typically I just want to watch the game, and do it relatively comfortably. I am old.

I've heard McFaddens is great. A buddy of mine has met Bills players there in the offseason. In fact there's an Eric Vudeo somewhere at that bar and my friend is the one talking to him. I'll see if I can find it

McFadden's is not for the casual, or light-hearted fan experience. Hard core only….when we beat the Pats a couple years back, it's was close to a riot.

When I used to live on the East side, I would sneak down here for a big Bills or Sabres game:

http://www.kellysnyc.com

A little further from W58th street but good wings here http://www.yelp.com/...road-new-york-2

Edited by filthymcnasty08

There are literally tons of bars in midtown Manhattan that have NFL Game Ticket or whatever Direct TV calls it. If you start at noon and walk up any of the main drags you will likely find a place showing it and be early enough to get a good seat. As mentioned, McFadden's is the "official" Bills Backers Bar but only go if you want a raucous game experience.

You could also hop on the F-train (or take a taxi) downtown to 2nd Ave and walk a few blocks to The Immigrant at 341 East 9th St. It's run by a Bills fan from Cortland, NY and there you will find a nice spread of Buffalo specialities in a mostly mellow atmosphere with plenty of TV's and seats.

Go Bills!

There are literally tons of bars in midtown Manhattan that have NFL Game Ticket or whatever Direct TV calls it. If you start at noon and walk up any of the main drags you will likely find a place showing it and be early enough to get a good seat. As mentioned, McFadden's is the "official" Bills Backers Bar but only go if you want a raucous game experience.

You could also hop on the F-train (or take a taxi) downtown to 2nd Ave and walk a few blocks to The Immigrant at 341 East 9th St. It's run by a Bills fan from Cortland, NY and there you will find a nice spread of Buffalo specialities in a mostly mellow atmosphere with plenty of TV's and seats.

Go Bills!

You weighed them? :rolleyes:

Just kidding. Yes, it's not as hard as some people seem to think to find a place watch the Bills, in any major (and even minor) city. It's more a question of atmosphere.,

Not as a suggestion but more to reminisce, Bonnie's Grill in Park Slope, Brooklyn is where I went when I lived in NYC. Good chicken wings and Genesee cream Ales for 2-3 bucks a can. It was a nice time cheering there.

The NYC Bills Backers Org has a nice little list here: http://nycbbb.com/features/satellites/

Edited by poo

I got bad vibes at Bonnie's. Their bartender gave me tons of sh-- one time for wanting to watch a playoff Sabres game when they had an April Yankees game to watch. Won't ever go back.

I think I'll be hitting up Lake Street in Greenpoint. Small but there are a few Bills fans there, including one in a Bills poncho. I'll be wearing the Eric Wood jersey.

Didn't someone stop by the board to say they were opening a chill little Bills bar in the city? I'll dig around and see if I can find it....

I'm going to be in Brooklyn next weekend (Williamsburg / House of Vans area) - any good spots? Dirck? Northern Territory?

Didn't someone stop by the board to say they were opening a chill little Bills bar in the city? I'll dig around and see if I can find it....

I'm going to be in Brooklyn next weekend (Williamsburg / House of Vans area) - any good spots? Dirck? Northern Territory?

Lake St is definitely only 4-5 blocks away from House of Vans, over on Manhattan. Haven't been to Northern Territory, looks big enough in there...

Lake St is definitely only 4-5 blocks away from House of Vans, over on Manhattan. Haven't been to Northern Territory, looks big enough in there...

Have you been to Red Star on Greenpoint Ave by West Street? I've not been there but they show Bills and Sabres games. I know exactly where Lake Street is - I work a block from there. Didn't know they put the Bills on.

We are getting a nice chill following at the Immigrant Tap Room. I'm the owner, I'm a Bills fan. I also make the food! I've been doing Texas Hots and Wings for the past couple weeks and it's gone over pretty well. It's a friendly chill atmosphere, but still we cheer a lot :) Almost like everyone knows everyone by the end of the game...

The Immigrant Tap Room

341 E. 9th Street

New York, NY 10003

Between 1st and 2nd Avenue.

For reservations text me 347-224-1210. - Jason

Edited by NYCBoozers

We are getting a nice chill following at the Immigrant Tap Room. I'm the owner, I'm a Bills fan. I also make the food! I've been doing Texas Hots and Wings for the past couple weeks and it's gone over pretty well. It's a friendly chill atmosphere, but still we cheer a lot :) Almost like everyone knows everyone by the end of the game...

The Immigrant Tap Room

341 E. 9th Street

New York, NY 10003

Between 1st and 2nd Avenue.

For reservations text me 347-224-1210. - Jason

But is is sufficiently "chill"?

Just kidding. Hope you had a good crowd. With any luck I'll be in downstate NY for a game or two. I'll stop by and chill.

McFadden's is all wristband, for different tiers, Calico Jacks is literally next door (both E42nd and 2nd). You can do wrist bands at CJ's, but also go a la carte. I have been to both, if you are a fan, you will love the experience! Link: http://nycbbb.com/fe...specials-times/

Those places must have rocked yesterday. Not chill at all.

Have you been to Red Star on Greenpoint Ave by West Street? I've not been there but they show Bills and Sabres games. I know exactly where Lake Street is - I work a block from there. Didn't know they put the Bills on.

Looks like that might be the spot - I want to dip to the city, but too many clients at Dew Tour. Of course, a bar only a few blocks away, easily dippable... ;)

Anyone in BK today?

Let's Go Bills!!