Graham vs McKelvin

Jerry Jabber

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/forum/1-the-stadium-wall/

“McKelvin led the Bills with a team-high 13 tackles, but that’s not ideal for a cornerback. According to analytics website Pro Football Focus, which charts every play of every NFL game, McKelvin was targeted 14 times in coverage by the Bears, giving up 10 catches.”

On Sunday, Corey Graham had a great game filling in for Stephon Gilmore, while McKelvin had an up-and-down day. Graham had an interception and three passes defended against the Bears. It looks like Gilmore will be back in the starting lineup on Sunday. After being targeted 14 times and giving up 10 catches, it’s apparent the Bears were exploiting McKelvin. While McKelvin is listed ahead of Graham on the depth chart, I feel the Bills should start Graham opposite of Gilmore and give him more reps in the game over McKelvin, otherwise it could be a long day for the Bills secondary on Sunday.

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but after reading the article this morning from the Buffalo News which stated McKelvin was targeted 14 times and gave up 10 receptions, that was a big eye opener.

If you saw the game, it wouldn't be an eye opener. He got smoked repeatedly.

Mr. WEO, I watched the game and saw McKelvin get burned often during the game. I didn't realize Cutler threw at him 14 times (and he gave up 10 catches), that's a big problem. Last year, McKelvin looked solid as a CB, but in the preseason and in Sunday's game he looked bad most of the time (minus the fumble and in OT when the ball hit him in the chest).

I'm sure it had nothing to do with McKelvin covering Brandon Marshall while Jeffery left injured fairly early in the game...

Graham and Searcy would've gotten beat deep by Bennett had it not been for Dareus forcing Cutler to throw the ball early, resulting in the INT.

I think if we could actually watch the tape, Graham wouldn't look any better than McKelvin, maybe worse.

I thought McKelvin played extremely well considering who he was tasked with covering (Marshall and Jeffery). He slipped on the Marshall TD and got beat, that happens especially against that monster. And the perfect throw from cutler when jeffery got behind him....2 plays...keep in mind mckelvin barely played in the preseason due to his offseason surgery. other than the 2 plays i mentioned, he was stellar. tackling was his biggest challenge in this game and he delivered. chicagos receivers are 2 of the best in the game and they are both much bigger than Leo, so did he allow catches? sure, but he brought them down immediately.

Corey Graham had a great game. IMO this conversation should be shifted to Graham starting over Gilmore. For 2 straight years i have listened to fans and media tell everyone how good Gilmore is and basically saying hes a sure fire pro bowler....We are in year 3 now and i have not seen it. not even once. i think hes the most over-rated bills player since schobel. and hes soft. you dont draft a guy 10th overall to be average. Graham is making more money and hes better, so he should start opposite Leo. Gilmore hasnt earned anything.

Graham and Kyle Williams had the INT's, McKelvin had a forced fumble and had a pass bounce off his chest (no INT).

It seems McKelvin played better under Pettine. IMO, he's regressed significantly from last season.

Neither of them forced the INT and neither did McKelvin on his almost-INT. All had great coverage, though.

I agree that McKelvin's "resurrection" last year was largely due to the system and game planning.

McKelvin vs Graham is a wash for me.

Looking forward to seeing Gilmore shut down Wallace this Sunday.

If Gilmore even plays.....has he ever shut down anyone? NO. so if it happens it'll be a first. and wallace isnt half the player marshall and jeffery are..

Gilmore played great after coming off the injury last year.

I don't know why some people want to discount him. He's a good corner.

Better technique and better closing speed than McKelvin and Graham.

Gilmore played great after coming off the injury last year.

I don't know why some people want to discount him. He's a good corner.

Better technique and better closing speed than McKelvin and Graham.

He played well coming off the injury last year?? must have been watching a different team then b/c he was a liability out there when he had the club on. he's discounted b/c he was the 10th overall pick and he doesnt make plays. gamechangers come off the board in the top 10...he isnt one. this game isnt about technique and closing speed, its about making plays that change the game. and how do you know he has better technique? because the guys on WGR say so? and how do you determine closing speed? cuz im pretty sure mckelvin is right on par speed wise.

What has this guy done to earn this respect? intercept an underthrown pass from mike glennon last year? he must look great in practice b/c hes average at best in games.

did you not watch the rookie kelvin benjamin and markus wheaton smoke him in the little action he played this preseason?