Will you be cool if The Ralph becomes Paychex Stadium

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only money shared is the TV money. Suites, merchandise, naming rights....all go to the individual teams. Some of that money raises the salary cap but is not split up.

I believe merchandise is split amongst all the teams except for the Cowboys, who opted out of it.

http://basketball.about.com/od/nba-vs-nbapa/ss/Revenue-Sharing-And-North-Americas-Major-Pro-Sports-Leagues_2.htm

The bulk of the league's revenue - approximately $4 billion in 2011 - comes from broadcast deals with NBC, CBS, Fox, ESPN and DirecTV. That income is shared equally among all teams. Income from licensing deals - everything from jerseys to posters to team-logo beer coolers - is also shared evenly.
Edited by The Real Buffalo Joe

Given that Yahoo! is moving forward with their operations in Lockport, I'm TOTALLY fine with:

"Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen, from the frigid confines of Yahoo Stadium, where the 11-4 Buffalo Bills take on the slumping New England Patriots* in a showdown for the AFC East title"...

(P.S. It'll always be "Rich Stadium" to me.).

Given that Yahoo! is moving forward with their operations in Lockport, I'm TOTALLY fine with:

"Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen, from the frigid confines of Yahoo Stadium, where the 11-4 Buffalo Bills take on the slumping New England Patriots* in a showdown for the AFC East title"...

(P.S. It'll always be "Rich Stadium" to me.).

Why would the Slumping New England Patriots* be in running for an AFC East Title?

Consider that the hypothetical new stadium wouldn't be for another six years or so. Would Pegual refrain from selling the naming rights to The Ralph for six years? (And then the new stadium would have a new name... "Paychex Stadium" or whatever. With ,of course, a big ol' shrine to Uncle Ralphy.) It wouldn't surprise me.

And in 60 minutes, they'll have lost 3. And I want Tommy on a cart.

You can tell it's a hell of a week, can't you?!

I don't want Brady on the cart though. Because I want to beat him game, legitimately, before he retires. Unless he's on the cart in the end of the game, after we've had a commanding lead.

naming rights are cheesy for sure (Lucas Oil field is so gay), but if you're going to take taxpayer money in a time when we're cutting educational programs in this state, it's awfully vain to have your name on the outside of your stadium.

i was never a huge Ralph fan, thought that naming move was self-serving and egotistical. (hey if you want to pony up money and buy your own stadium, then i totally get it, but you should only use taxpayer money if you've exhausted all the reasonable means to contribute on your end. naming rights can be worth up to $20M per year. NYS could use that money)

For so long, the bills losing has been tied in with the bills leaving. Interchangeable words. This is day 1 of that being dead. It's nice to divert attention to the frivolousness of naming a stadium. To think of that without burden is so welcome. But still, it can be called "Tom Brady sucks my weener" stadium for all I care.

Edited by bobblehead