BillsFanInLA

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

because both said the Bills should relocate

if I'm not mistaken

You are mistaken. Kraft said the Bills belong in Buffalo. Jerruh only said Toronto would be a good NFL market and Bon Jivi was swell guy, not specifically that the Bills should move there

I think that some, if not most, of the owners would prefer the team in a more profitable market. But that being said I think that Pegula being a businessman with the means to buy the team without a group speaks volumes to the other owners who will vote him into the billionaire boys club unanimously.

Edited by CodeMonkey

I think that some, if not most, of the owners would prefer the team in a more profitable market. But that being said I think that Pegula being a businessman with the means to buy the team without a group speaks volumes to the other owners who will vote him into the billionaire boys club unanimously.

No doubt... but Goodell said the relocation discussion/vote would be completely separate and later if necessary. The owner will be vetted based on his credentials, and as far as we know, Pegula's are immaculate.

I have little doubt power brokers in the NFL were planning to some degree to slide the Bills to Toronto once Mr Wilson passed. The lease/NRA, the timing of Mr Wilson's passing, and the presence of Terry Pegula made it impossible and I am sure they moved on to plan B some time ago.

My theory is: Magic Johnson and pals will make Davis an offer he cant refuse. Kroenke will move the Rams to LA. We will see a Meadowlands-type facility in LA which will be the West Coast jerry world. Then we will see San Diego leverage St Louis into seeing who will build a stadium first. Then after that, we will hear of expansion between Toronto, London, San Diego/St Louis loser, and San Jose/Oakland... whichever 2 cities gets the best stadium together with the best lease deal and owner(s) willing to pay a premium for entry into the league.

because both said the Bills should relocate

if I'm not mistaken

Definitely very mistaken...

Though one can easily assume that behind the scenes they were fine with the idea of a Toronto move...Their statements about the Bills and Buffalo were carefully structured IMHO... B-)

Rest assured, you are....

Sometimes I find your condescending tone to be too much and other times I find it hilarious (this is one of those times). You really just have no patience for ignorance. You are like the dismissive fact checking police. Ha ha, I am not sure if that is a compliment or an insult. It does make for better discussion when people are informed. For example, if you believe that "x" owner isn't going to approve Pegula, why? There are a million reasons to the contrary but at least support your argument. In some ways I like how you hold people's feet to the fire (so I guess that it is more of a compliment). Edited by Kirby Jackson

Let's say you live on a block where houses are worth $150,000. One of the houses across the street got a little bit in disrepair over the years and then its owner dies. Now a nice, very wealthy family comes in and buys the run-down house for $240,000. How do the neighbors react?

(Hint: NFL owners do not say "oh my God our league is being gentrified!")

Well stated.

Pegula just did all 31 owners a huge favor, raising the value of their franchises by hundreds of millions of dollars. You think anyone will vote no? What Pegula did is way more valuable than adding Toronto to the NFL.

That right there is where the thread should ended, and crap. I just made it longer :oops: