Wow is Eli bad!?! EJ looked good compared to this so far

bigdogtim

His team was the reason he won those SBs. He gets way too much credit for those SBs.

But .... but.... but....C. Biscuit, no recent team has ever won a Super Bowl without an elite franchise QB, "the Man"! I read that here so it must be true!

Sarcasm aside, of course it's a team sport and the team had a huge amount to do with it, especially the defense and OL.

Yet it shouldn't be denied that Eli had a very very good stretch of years as a QB 2008-2011, years where describing him as "elite" was not too much of a stretch.

Is it possible that Detroit is good now?

Eli has a a great quality; he is never injured & is the NFLs current ironman at QB.

He's statistically equivalent to Jim Kelly, and assuming he plays another 5 seasons will finish around 50,000 yards.

Add up 2 Super Bowls & you have a Hall of a Fame QB. Not evening factoring he plays in the demanding NY market.

Problem is 20 years later equal to Kelly isn't that good statistically

Wow does Eli look bad. I know EJ is not elite yet and may never be, but the Giants have problems we might not have.

Careful....the football gods are watching. We're 1-0, we're excited, lot's to build on, our QB was good not great...let's not get ahead of ourselves.

When is the last time the Giants had a good offensive line?

Sean O'Hara was the Center. Since he left, that line was never the same.

Wow does Eli look bad. I know EJ is not elite yet and may never be, but the Giants have problems we might not have.

and Stafford was on fire!

I hope he cools off when the Bills play Detroit

P.S.

Please Say No to more EJ threads

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Eli's career average QB rating is 81. That is at best just above average. Drew Brees has an average of 95 while Aaron Rodgers has an average of 101. Those are elite numbers.

Eli may make the hall of fame but it probably won't be first ballot.

I get your point, and it is true. But, Eli's 81 rating made Tom Brady cry on a national stage. Twice. (Yes, the Giants' DL had a lot to do with it.) I will never put down Eli's game, ever.

kj

Sarcasm aside, of course it's a team sport and the team had a huge amount to do with it, especially the defense and OL.

Yet it shouldn't be denied that Eli had a very very good stretch of years as a QB 2008-2011, years where describing him as "elite" was not too much of a stretch.

Is it possible that Detroit is good now?

Going much from memory here - but during both their Superbowl years, Eli came alive after December and through the victories. He is a pretty average QB otherwise.

Weird thing is that Peyton is always considered the better QB but comes up small after the regular season is done. PM will own the records but Eli still has one more ring.

Eli looked horrible yesterday.. worse than Geno

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/pat-kirwan/24700904/six-from-sunday-lower-paid-qbs-dominate-week-1-penalties-slow-down

how many of the games were won by cheaper quarterbacks. How many weekends do we see Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Jay Cutler, Joe Flacco and Tony Romo all lose?

And to the likes of Ryan Tannehill and EJ Manuel, in the cases of Brady and Cutler?

OUCH

That would be great...if Eli was the only reason that happened.

Promo,

You should know by now that Elite QBs single handedly win games and can magically make players around them better. It doesn't matter if the other 52 players are awful .

Lol . Gotta love the sports cliches.