Schwartz v Pettine

TPS

While pettine's D was very entertaining, and I doubt that this year's D will have as many sacks, I'll take the run stopping and point total (with a big W) any day. Granted, it's only week one, but I like that start. A good test with mareno this week.

Spikes was everything advertised.

The added CB depth was very much needed.

Only one long run given up.

TOs when needed.

Kyle tied for team lead on INTs.... :-)

Go Bills!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The best thing Schwartz did in this game was his game plan coming in. He knew that Cutler didn't have the patience to dink and dunk it down field time and time again so he gave him that stuff all day long. It didn't look pretty on the stat sheet but Cutler delivered the needed INTs for the Bills to get the win.

I'll be interested in seeing how he changes it up next week. If he goes with the same game plan the Bills will be in trouble vs. Tennehill who is all too happy to dump it down time and time again.

We gave up 86 rushing yards, I'd be 186 rushing yards if Pet was still here.

To play a little devils advocate. The defense to me was worrisome at time. Forte averaged nearly 11 yards per carry. If you take out his long, it is still 9.8 yards per carry. A little more willingness to stick with the run, and the Bears may win.

To play a little devils advocate. The defense to me was worrisome at time. Forte averaged nearly 11 yards per carry. If you take out his long, it is still 9.8 yards per carry. A little more willingness to stick with the run, and the Bears may win.

Maybe. But they had some good stops as well. The gains hurt, but what really matters is ending their drives.

Considering the game was a season opener, on the road, against a team that could probably be at least a top ten offense in both rushing and passing (if they chose a little more balanced approach), and without Kiko, Bradham, and Gilmore - I was pretty impressed with the overall performance.

11 YPC? Yahoo tells me 4.8.

11 YPC? Yahoo tells me 4.8.

Maybe he means per touch?

My take is Schwartz played to his opponent. The Bears offense was the 2nd best in the NFL last year, so there was going to be no way, that I could see, of completely stopping them. But they kept the game in front of them and tightened the screws when needed. And they played physical. All of this while missing a starting LB and a starting CB. But that's how you win in the NFL, you depth needs to be able to win you games. The DL was subbing in and out a lot as well.

Also, when Jay Cutler throws as much as he did, I think it is pretty much guaranteed he'll have a couple turnovers.

We were getting gashed left and right until we started getting pressure on Jay. I'm not so confident in our defensive scheme this year, honestly. We came up with some opportune turnovers, but we won't get those every game. We need to not give up so many first downs. We need to make consistent stops.