I think you MIGHT see Kyle Orton today

HOUSE

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Orton comes in, it's probably for the rest of the season. I don't think Marrone presses that button on day 1.

Also, Orton's command of the playbook must still be pretty limited. Even though he's a veteran, he'd probably enter the game with a dozen or so plays in his back pocket.

I hope he does. Its best for the team and it also sends a message to the team, fans and new ownership that they are willing to park their egos and do what is best for the team

I hope he does. Its best for the team and it also sends a message to the team, fans and new ownership that they are willing to park their egos and do what is best for the team

The best thing and the right message are to plug in a guy that hasn't been with the team for even two weeks and start him over a guy that's played well in spots as a rookie?

Set your unending crusade against EJ aside an re-read that...you cannot possibly believe that as a rational person.

He's just going off past history. God you EJ guys are sensitive.

1) I'm a Bills guy, not an EJ guy, but thanks for making assumptions about my ability to be objective

2) history tells you he'll get hurt today? No. No it doesn't.

Not a chance outside of injury.

In other words, a pretty solid chance!

:lol:

Now stop it, Sage. Fear the Karma.

A) not in my opinion

B) you seem a little bit eager to see EJ get hurt

I'm pretty sure Sage was kidding there---at least I hope so. I had the same inappropriate reaction when I initially read your post. But Sage read it first, and thought the same thing, apparently.

You think starting a backup who has had about 1 week to practice, after sitting since last season, is what is best for the team? Wait...I get it. You don't think EJ is any good, right? Now I got it. You should post that more often, and in as many threads as possible, so there is no misunderstanding.

I'm pretty sure Sage was kidding there---at least I hope so. I had the same inappropriate reaction when I initially read your post. But Sage read it first, and thought the same thing,

I was merely tweaking Sage back. I actually took no offense at all.

If Orton comes in, it's probably for the rest of the season. I don't think Marrone presses that button on day 1.

Also, Orton's command of the playbook must still be pretty limited. Even though he's a veteran, he'd probably enter the game with a dozen or so plays in his back pocket.

I don't think that Orton will come in at all this year, save for injury. However, I also don't subscribe to the idea that it spells the end of EJ's buffalo career if Orton comes in. Especially if its early in the season. You can have EJ come in next game, and justify the games as just one of those games that most QB's go through a couple times a year. Can't do that often, but it can happen. I can't put a finger on it, but I swear that had happened in our recent past with QBs. Anyone know or remember that?

I'm pretty sure Sage was kidding there---at least I hope so. I had the same inappropriate reaction when I initially read your post. But Sage read it first, and thought the same thing, apparently.

You think starting a backup who has had about 1 week to practice, after sitting since last season, is what is best for the team? Wait...I get it. You don't think EJ is any good, right? Now I got it. You should post that more often, and in as many threads as possible, so there is no misunderstanding.

Well I see you are as nasty as you used to be. Why don't you crawl back under that rock you've been under for 3 years?