Real Contest: Bills First Play from Scrimmage 2014-15 Season

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps I'm missing something here.

I believe I understand what positive is. Any yardage beyond the original LOS.

And in the event of a sack, you will use the second play from scrimmage. So far I'm pretty clear on the concept, I think.

But what happens if the 1st play results in no yardage: That is, not a sack and no positive yardage? Nobody wins? Everybody wins?

See my confusion?

Ok, let's use the same scenario as a sack then - if the first play yields zero or negative yards, we use second play. The original rules I drafted (keeping in mind it took me 6 minutes this morning before a meeting) required positive yardage, so a sack, no gain or loss (or call back on penalty) is a "do over" and we'll use second play. Damn, can't believe giving away two free hats is such a chore. Typical Bills Fans always bellyaching!! :)

Ok, let's use the same scenario as a sack then - if the first play yields zero or negative yards, we use second play. The original rules I drafted (keeping in mind it took me 6 minutes this morning before a meeting) required positive yardage, so a sack, no gain or loss (or call back on penalty) is a "do over" and we'll use second play. Damn, can't believe giving away two free hats is such a chore. Typical Bills Fans always bellyaching!! :)

Not bellyaching. :lol: Just trying to figure out the rules. You will notice others didn't complain, but it's clear some didn't understand, based on a number of their guesses.

You're trying to figure out the rules? Good luck, dude's an effing lawyer. :D

lol...Dean is giving me so much **** it feels like I'm drafting articles of organization for an LLC. :). Maybe I should file for 501©(3) status.

Just kidding Dean...put in a guess. I'm good for it. But make note of my post further down page 1...if more than one person have the same guess, I'll buy hats for the first two. Choose wisely.

Edited by BringBackFergy

Exactly. No other OC ever calls that play to begin a game. :rolleyes:

So, if the play is something other than that, the OC can keep his job? :lol:

Ohhh I guess you got me there. Burnnnnn

Hackett has already proven to be completely incompetent at play calling (redzone offense anyone?) and running CJ on the shotgun handoff up the middle play 15 times a game isn't going to get it done. Perhaps some more inspiring play calling is in order. Call me crazy but getting the ball to one of the fastest RB's in the league in space makes more sense than slamming him straight ahead into the line for 2 yards

Edited by kdiggz

Hard play action fake into bootleg roll-out, intermediate level pass to Woods, long run after catch. 28 yard gain. (Drive stalls after successive holding and illegal formation penalties, resulting in a punt from mid-field)

getting warmer !

call out the correct route tree branch and i will buy you the hat !

lining at the Slot position . Do they shift alignment to f with the safety ?

Obviously

Edited by 3rdand12