Buffalo in the news

Thirdborn

I have no idea what this will be but I believe that Seattle is going to replace New England fans for the most obnoxious and bandwagon fans in the country.

Well said. Seattle is an awesome place but it's hilarious like they act like they are some powerhouse franchise. And stop pretending like you made up the 12th man. You have a smaller stadium than us and some nerds designed it to be loud.

I like Seattle. Down to earth people. Good sports fans IMO. Much like Boston they were beaten down a long time. The thing with Seattle though is its Pacific NW and not Eastern Seaboard so people are much more laid back and not in your face.

It is interesting how that part of Washington/Oregon get the moniker: PACIFIC NorthWest. Like simply NorthWest won't do... LoL... I guess there is a huge difference between say SEA-TAC and Yakima! I wonder where else that stems from? Considering historically through the mid half of country's age... The "NorthWest" was actually the Driftless Zone in southern MN, SW WI, NE IA, & NW IL.... That area is now called the "Old NorthWest."

I suppose there are also many parts to the interior of WA & OR past the Cascades/Coastal ranges...

Just got me thinking about a very specific and defined region of our great country!

I like Seattle. Down to earth people. Good sports fans IMO. Much like Boston they were beaten down a long time. The thing with Seattle though is its Pacific NW and not Eastern Seaboard so people are much more laid back and not in your face.

Except Boston was never beaten down, they just liked to cry a lot. Even before the Pats* and Red Sox broke through, the Celtics were the NBA's legendary franchise and the Bruins had a rich history.

I've only been to Seattle once. Went to a Bills game there and stayed a few days.

I have never had worse service in any city--and it's pretty bad down here, so that's saying something. In general, the people we met were dull and rude. To be fair, most of these people were in the service industry so it wasn't a broad spectrum of people. But service industry types should be more accommodating than the average idiot, not less so. A couple of people in my group were also from the service industry and they couldn't believe how cold and unhelpful these people were.

Now, people in Boston are pretty rude and unfriendly. But you can still get good service.

I've only been to Seattle once. Went to a Bills game there and stayed a few days.

I have never had worse service in any city--and it's pretty bad down here, so that's saying something. In general, the people we met were dull and rude. To be fair, most of these people were in the service industry so it wasn't a broad spectrum of people. But service industry types should be more accommodating than the average idiot, not less so. A couple of people in my group were also from the service industry and they couldn't believe how cold and unhelpful these people were.

Now, people in Boston are pretty rude and unfriendly. But you can still get good service.

It's a very oh woe is me life sucks I think I'll kill myself hey let's get high demographic. Or at least it used to be.

It's a very oh woe is me life sucks I think I'll kill myself hey let's get high demographic. Or at least it used to be.

Well, the music coming out of Seattle is very much that. And, I'd rather kill myself than listen to most of it.

I spent a week in Seattle and had a very nice time. No problems with airport, transportation, restaurants, etc. Just lucky I guess! :w00t:

Same here. Been there a few times... Took honeymoon through Seattle to Yakima, Victoria & Vancouver BC & all of Southern BC into Alberta... Banff and Jasper... Heck not just the Pacific Northwest... Almost the whole freaking Northwest. Nothing out of the ordinary.

I think it is the person... It is amazing how many people give people who are serving them trouble! We are just exceptional people Rock! ;-) ;-)

Dean, you a trouble maker? ;-) The worst people are the ex-waitresses and waiters, etc... My sister is horrible having worked in the field. Like some ex-smokers, etc... They give everybody trouble thinking they are or would do it the best. LoL...

Same here. Been there a few times... Took honeymoon through Seattle to Yakima, Victoria & Vancouver BC & all of Southern BC into Alberta... Banff and Jasper... Heck not just the Pacific Northwest... Almost the whole freaking Northwest. Nothing out of the ordinary.

I think it is the person... It is amazing how many people give people who are serving them trouble! We are just exceptional people Rock! ;-) ;-)

Dean, you a trouble maker? ;-) The worst people are the ex-waitresses and waiters, etc... My sister is horrible having worked in the field. Like some ex-smokers, etc... They give everybody trouble thinking they are or would do it the best. LoL...

Of course!

No, seriously, I'm not a trouble maker. I tip very well. But I do expect a certain level of service. Examples:

We are in a bar that has music in the evening. There is a calendar of the bands on the wall, but the calendar ends at the end of the month, and this day was the 1st (or 2nd) of the next month. "Do you know who is playing tonight?" was my question, "No" was the answer. That's it. Just "no". Not , "No, but let me see if I can find out." Not, "No, the manager doesn't post the band list until later today." Just, "no". Hell. LIE to me, Pretend to try to find out. of you're too lazy to actually do it.

Another example, another bar (surprise!). "Can I have a cold glass with my beer?" "No" was the answer. WTF? You have glasses and I know you have ice. Have you never made a martini? Don't you know how to chill a freaking glass? Totally unacceptable to me. The place was dead except for us.

At the hotel, we asked the front desk guy a question (I forgot what it was now, but it was the kind of thing you'd expect the front desk to know.) "I don't know." Was the answer. Not, "I don't know, but I'll see if I can find out for you,"

This kind of thing happened again, and again, in restaurants, bars and hotels. And when we'd meet up with others in the group (not nearly as obnoxious as I) they had the same kind of experiences. I don't get it. These are people in the service industry. Many of them rely on tips. The requests weren't hard, or obnoxious, or out of the ordinary (or at least I don't think they are). We were a bunch of very personable people (men and women) who tend to make friends when we travel I can't explain it.

I have talked to others who have had similar experiences in Seattle. Then again, I have talked to people who had a great time (I had a great time, too, no thanks to the people in Seattle) with no complaints. Maybe they didn't ask for anything.

Haha sorry, Dean nailed it ... missing link. I thought I posted a story about Buffalo selling houses for a dollar, and at the end, the news guys says" yeah, but then you gotta be a Bills fan"

http://xfinity.comcast.net/video/buffalo-selling-homes-for-1-to-preserve-old-neighborhoods/324791875598/Comcast/fanNews_newest?cid=tiv&

....also, yes seahawks fans are full of themselves

Of course!

No, seriously, I'm not a trouble maker. I tip very well. But I do expect a certain level of service. Examples:

We are in a bar that has music in the evening. There is a calendar of the bands on the wall, but the calendar ends at the end of the month, and this day was the 1st (or 2nd) of the next month. "Do you know who is playing tonight?" was my question, "No" was the answer. That's it. Just "no". Not , "No, but let me see if I can find out." Not, "No, the manager doesn't post the band list until later today." Just, "no". Hell. LIE to me, Pretend to try to find out. of you're too lazy to actually do it.

Another example, another bar (surprise!). "Can I have a cold glass with my beer?" "No" was the answer. WTF? You have glasses and I know you have ice. Have you never made a martini? Don't you know how to chill a freaking glass? Totally unacceptable to me. The place was dead except for us.

At the hotel, we asked the front desk guy a question (I forgot what it was now, but it was the kind of thing you'd expect the front desk to know.) "I don't know." Was the answer. Not, "I don't know, but I'll see if I can find out for you,"

This kind of thing happened again, and again, in restaurants, bars and hotels. And when we'd meet up with others in the group (not nearly as obnoxious as I) they had the same kind of experiences. I don't get it. These are people in the service industry. Many of them rely on tips. The requests weren't hard, or obnoxious, or out of the ordinary (or at least I don't think they are). We were a bunch of very personable people (men and women) who tend to make friends when we travel I can't explain it.

I have talked to others who have had similar experiences in Seattle. Then again, I have talked to people who had a great time (I had a great time, too, no thanks to the people in Seattle) with no complaints. Maybe they didn't ask for anything.

Never come to Thailand (although they won't expect a tip anyway), you will not find your idea of service in many places.

Haha sorry, Dean nailed it ... missing link. I thought I posted a story about Buffalo selling houses for a dollar, and at the end, the news guys says" yeah, but then you gotta be a Bills fan"

http://xfinity.comca...newest?cid=tiv

I don't know why but I can't see the link in your post but can when I quote it.

Did you happen to be wearing this shirt at the time?

http://www.amazon.com/!@#$-SEATTLE-BIRD-ORANGE-PRINT/dp/B00HZ3IY0I

Of course!

What's this world coming to! From what I hear, they've been having the same trouble in Nazareth for years. Were those people raised by wolves or something? Whatever happened to hospitality and service... Jeesh!

"I pulled into Nazareth, I was feelin' about half past dead

I just need some place where I can lay my head

"Hey, mister, can you tell me where a man might find a bed?"

He just grinned and shook my hand and, "No", was all he said"

;-P ;-P