One Big Mistake

T master

So you're watching the Seattle/Green Bay game, saw Russell Wilson throw a couple good passes, and then thought you needed to start a thread rehashing this subject. Nice.

Actually I think he's been watching him get to the NFC title game as a rookie, win the SB in his 2nd year, amass the best 2 season winning record of all-time, carry over a 100 QBR and look/act like the total package.

Then he's probably holding that up against the completely unsettled feeling about our starting QB along with the front office desperation moves of this/last year

Throw in T.J. Graham

THEN - he watched RW come out pretty sharp tonight, reminded himself how Seattle is set at the QB position for 10+ years, listened to the announcers start to mention him with the elite QB's and reminded himself of the train wreck we saw at the position in pre season...

and the only thing that temporarily makes our not having picked him feel the least bit better is to put a post up on the wall.

Edited by filthymcnasty08

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seattle had one of the worst OLs in the NFL last year.

Wilson is really good. At the same point, does Seattle's D lose a game when their team scored 31 points (Atlanta) or blow the lead against NE? I say no.

Seattle has a very good qb but they have an all time defense. It's a team game.

Wilson is really good. At the same point, does Seattle's D lose a game when their team scored 31 points (Atlanta) or blow the lead against NE? I say no.

Seattle has a very good qb but they have an all time defense. It's a team game.

They maintain great field position simply from smart QB play--it goes hand in hand--If Seattle is punting from their end zone, I promise their defense looks more like the mean then the best.

If we look back on some NFL history what is one common mistake that is made when the "Experts" look at a in coming player & TRY to make a correct judgement on what kind of player they are going to be ?

One of the biggest misconceptions is that a small guy isn't going to be good enough because of his size but if you look back at some players that were small in stature we can see that their size had nothing to do with their heart ...

Zac Thomas - 5' 11" Sonny Jurgensen - 5' 11"

London Fletcher - 5' 10" Doug Flutie - 5' 10"

Kenneth Davis - 5' 10"

Wes Welker - 5'9"

Emmit Smith - 5' 9"

Barry Sanders - 5' 9"

What i'm getting at is i think the experts when it comes to making the biggest in figuring what a guy is going to be in the NFL is their height !!

Here the biggest Bills mistake in recent history because of a players height & the EXPERTS opinion .

http://insider.espn....und/3/year/2012 Pick # 6 & 12

And who ever did this should be ban from the Bills for ever !!

Look Flutie. Sucked, the small running backs were 220lbs. The only "small" guys that are/were really good players:

Welker

They maintain great field position simply from smart QB play--it goes hand in hand--If Seattle is punting from their end zone, I promise their defense looks more like the mean then the best.

Agreed, Wilson is a very smart qb. But that defense is beyond dominant. They allow Wilson to not have to carry the team. It's what the Jets did with Sanchez but he wasn't good enough.

Hopefully, the Bills can do this with EJ. But having a dominant D has been huge for Wilson. But yeah, we probably shouldn't have take tj Graham over him. :)

Agreed, Wilson is a very smart qb. But that defense is beyond dominant. They allow Wilson to not have to carry the team. It's what the Jets did with Sanchez but he wasn't good enough.

Hopefully, the Bills can do this with EJ. But having a dominant D has been huge for Wilson. But yeah, we probably shouldn't have take tj Graham over him. :)

Wow their D is awesome. Picked them in my office pool last year(have to win the Super bowl to win the money), nobody learned and picked them again today. :lol:

One bad decision led to several more bad decisions. Trading Lynch meant we used a #1 on Spiller. If we hadn't we could have taken Dez Bryant. If we had Dez Bryant we wouldn't have needed TJ Graham, and we could have picked up Wilson in that round to be mentored by Ryan Fitzpatrick.

The Bills traded Lynch after Drafting Spiller...

Just saying...

I wish it had worked out differently fit the Bills, but guess how many teams passed on Russell Wilson?

32, including his own. Twice. Their plans A and B consisted of Matt Flynn and Charlie Whitehurst.

So, there's that.

I mean, you may as well complain that we didn't end up with Brady, because the odds on those picks aren't high.

The one takeaway from the Wilson story is that maybe NFL talent evaluators will reconsider the importance of height relative to other factors. But it certainly won't eliminate it, and it should be noted that Wilson is an ultra-rare case in most respects.

Also, no one in the universe underrated Barry Sanders, FWIW. He was recognized as a baller from the get go. Putting Flutie or Kenny Davis in his company (or Wilson's) is kind of a joke.

I don't know if any of you caught it.....

.....but Russel Wilson had a ball tipped(more like blocked) at the line of scrimmage tonight!

Thus, using the logic I've heard here, either:

1. Russel Wilson should be run out of Seattle, because, well, a ball was blocked at the line....which is indicative...of something being wrong with the QB, like EJ, or so we were told week 1 of preseason.

2. Short QBs can't play in the NFL, because they can't see over the line/get their balls tipped/blocked. Therefore, EJ, being tall is the right choice for a QB.

Speaking of inaccuracy, both QBs threw many inaccurate passes, it's just that Wilson's was knocked away after it was picked, and Rob Johnson's(oops, I mean Aaron Rodger's) wasn't. Not to mention, both QBs threw an awful lot of SHORT PASSES/CHECK DOWNS! Thus, clearly, both QBs sucked horribly by the "WGR/TSW Bureau of Standards and Measures":

Rodgers: 5.3 yards per attempt(oh the terror!)

Wilson: 6.8 yards per attempt(almost as Bad!)

(Ahem, EJ Manuel's yards per attempt in the preseason? 6.3 :lol: :lol: :lol:)

Clearly, with yards per attempt numbers like these, as set by the astute sages of analyitcs both here and at WGR, both teams should be looking to use their 1st round draft pick next year(which will be in the 20s) on a QB that is clearly better than these 2, because, of course, one will be available to draft at those spots, and, because.....did I mention analytics?

Yes, all sound an fury....indicative of: absolutely nothing. No propensities, no relationships, and sure as hell no causality.

Yards per attempt is a completely useless statistic, because it simply does not account for the inherent bias that is baked in by the offensive schemes/concepts...gameplans!, for Christ's sake!, that are being run, nor does it account for situational conditions(such as Rodgers throwing for 20 yards down the field in garbage time). It doesn't even account for the F'ing weather. Yeah....and I'm supposed to believe that this is a "standard of measure"? :lol:

But, by all means, keep saying it! I have all sorts of fun things lined up for you if you choose to continue down this path!

BHWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

I love confounding the amatuer "master statisticians" with their own buffoonery. Please continue with this, I don't want what I've been working on to go to waste!

:lol:

Edited by OCinBuffalo